Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

JINBLADE

May 14, 2020
Ok need some advice, just to be 100% extra sure. I have old version's of var's shall i keep the old var's or delete um and just keep the latest one? as i was told i may need um for combability but surly the same updated var will be rite or wrong?

example

Jul 17, 2019
Ok need some advice, just to be 100% extra sure. I have old version's of var's shall i keep the old var's or delete um and just keep the latest one? as i was told i may need um for combability but surly the same updated var will be rite or wrong?

example
You "should" be able to delete all but the newest (I give no guarantees)
There was a bug that was causing errors if you didn't have the exact version
but I think that was corrected in the latest version of VAM

Reactions: JINBLADE

JINBLADE

May 14, 2020
You "should" be able to delete all but the newest (I give no guarantees)
There was a bug that was causing errors if you didn't have the exact version
but I think that was corrected in the latest version of VAM
Thanks for the reply ill wait a bit longer and see what other people also think before i go ahead with it.

willmac

Aug 31, 2019
Any one know where to get Chungan's Janet Heels?

I even tried converting them in Daz3D but apparently I suck because I couldn't even convert them back from Gen8 and wasn't able to find any tutorials that worked.

selfdestroyer

Feb 15, 2020
JINBLADE I did some random checking in some older and new VARs and noticed that there are a lot of them that still make calls to specific versions of dependencies. I'm not sure if VAM has some sort of safety net for a VAR looking for name.of_package.4.VAR and it will use name.of_package.7.VAR as the default since its newer. I would say, leave them in there so that things don't go sideways.

p4p

Jun 30, 2019
Does someone have the passwords from TempestVR for
OSR2_1_Base_Beta1_STLs_password.zip
T-wist_Beta2_STLs_Password.zip

Reactions: w6nspuh1vr

toxsick

May 10, 2017
JINBLADE I did some random checking in some older and new VARs and noticed that there are a lot of them that still make calls to specific versions of dependencies. I'm not sure if VAM has some sort of safety net for a VAR looking for name.of_package.4.VAR and it will use name.of_package.7.VAR as the default since its newer. I would say, leave them in there so that things don't go sideways.
I agree.
Personally I remove all previous versions for the VARs.. as it should have all the content in them. I don't know if the dependences go as far as using a var that's an older version.

Leaving all versions for the torrent might be a good idea and leave decision to the downloader.

Last edited:
Reactions: eponge and JINBLADE

toxsick

May 10, 2017
Okay I know exactly how it works with vars

For vars - older versions are usually only needed for vars that contain plugins. Plugins change functionality over time, so a scene built with version 1 of a plugin might not work with version 2. Most of the time vars list dependencies as 'latest', but for plugins they will list specific versions. If you are missing a specific version that is referenced, VaM will then use latest, but results might not be the same or the content might even be broken.

Reactions: user330033

JINBLADE

May 14, 2020
Okay I know exactly how it works with vars

For vars - older versions are usually only needed for vars that contain plugins. Plugins change functionality over time, so a scene built with version 1 of a plugin might not work with version 2. Most of the time vars list dependencies as 'latest', but for plugins they will list specific versions. If you are missing a specific version that is referenced, VaM will then use latest, but results might not be the same or the content might even be broken.
so its best to keep um then really is what you saying.

Last edited:

psofos

Mar 27, 2020
that torrent that you're preparing, will it contain only vars? I have a few gigs of vars I could share in order to be included in the torrent

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes