Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
Or it may be due to the fact that VAM doesn't utilize all CPU cores?
View attachment 942774

3 atoms, GPU use at 44%, soft body physics ON, and the framerate is tanking (RTX 2060 here).
What everyone needs to know and remember is that the current "unity" build VaM is currently on doesnt allow for the best multicore cpu threading or physic threading to the cpu's. This is not a "performance" issue caused by Mesh, but the version of unity which in 2.0 he will be using the latest build so that 2 years of unity tweaks and updates he can take full advantage of (yes his build is old, Ark still uses an old old ass engine build because upgrading breaks things or wipes them out to force you to re-make it from scratch). And yes, I agree it would be nice to have GPU based physics calculations, but I also understand his reasoning as to not doing that as it will split the user base where some get the better for having product "A" vs "B". Doing so would have had him re-do most if not all his current physic threading and calculations optimizations which would have put features and functions on the back burner, which I prefer to have content & functionality over some optimizations tweaks. Just work with what you got till 2.0 where his basically having to rebuild all of VaM under the new version, then complain that updated tech isn't performing well.

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
Not my links again, but that's what I found in this thread before:

Thanks everyone for sharing!!!! :love:
Everything apart from the Becky look in the mega is already in the megapack

Reactions: Nick197801

azel1221

Apr 13, 2019
What everyone needs to know and remember is that the current "unity" build VaM is currently on doesnt allow for the best multicore cpu threading or physic threading to the cpu's. This is not a "performance" issue caused by Mesh, but the version of unity which in 2.0 he will be using the latest build so that 2 years of unity tweaks and updates he can take full advantage of (yes his build is old, Ark still uses an old old ass engine build because upgrading breaks things or wipes them out to force you to re-make it from scratch). And yes, I agree it would be nice to have GPU based physics calculations, but I also understand his reasoning as to not doing that as it will split the user base where some get the better for having product "A" vs "B". Doing so would have had him re-do most if not all his current physic threading and calculations optimizations which would have put features and functions on the back burner, which I prefer to have content & functionality over some optimizations tweaks. Just work with what you got till 2.0 where his basically having to rebuild all of VaM under the new version, then complain that updated tech isn't performing well.
Of the market that likely represents 99% of VAM's user base, . Targeting parity here is like targeting Linux or Windows Phone. He's catering to an extreme minority for nonsensical reasons. No one with any sense is buying AMD GPU's for VR in the first place, Nvidia has a whole suite of exclusive VR features and typically runs circles around AMD in VR performance. There is no good guy in this hardware race, both of these companies are slimey and greedy as fuck run by a colluding Niece and Uncle.

EmC2Live

Jul 9, 2020
Here is what I have

WOW! thank you SOOOO much mate! Sending good vibes to you <3

EmC2Live

Jul 9, 2020
About "KdollMASTA.KDoll_Mk2.latest". I've been looking for it for a while too, since only remake is available on hub\his patreon. I found "KdollMASTA.K_Idol_mk2.5.var" in some archive posted in here before, and fixed meta file in the var requesting that one, and it's seems to work.

Link for remake version if U want to try using her instead, she seems pretty much the same as "2.5" plus new textures.

About "xinxiu.xinxiushuxiian2.1". I've never found it, I heard it's some kind of wind plugin. Should be safe to just remove it from dependecies
Awww thank you for the help, much appreciated! yes the ones I have posted in request are rather difficult to find without yiff, if only I had discovered this and that site before... damn. anyway I have edited lots of my vars to match the requests of refs missing, but before edit these last I'd give it a shot here and I was pretty luky. this community is awesome, you guys are heroes :) as soon as I will have a decent connection (I have a paleolithic dsl 7mb down and <1mb up) I will upload some of my stuff, characters included.

again, thank you so much for your help,
shall all the goods be for you :)

Peace & Love

eponge

Oct 21, 2017
Both of them ?

(not in var sorry, hopefully someone can make a proper conversion)
Sigourney is 3538 files. I'd rather not have that in my var directory...

Meanwhile converted a few more assets
So much good old content. Also MrOrange scenes mentionned a few pages before.

Unknown.AI Lab.1.var
Unknown.Camping Shower.1.var
Unknown.Caravan of love.1.var
Unknown.Dock medieval.1.var
Unknown.Dungeon Cell.1.var
Unknown.Garage workshop.1.var
Unknown.GloryHole room.1.var
Unknown.Hair saloon.1.var
Unknown.Laundry room.1.var
Unknown.Messy room.1.var
Unknown.Seedy public bathroom.1.var

Last edited: