Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amit Parab

May 21, 2018
Sorry. I don't know if these have been shared. My apologies if they have..

Don't apologize bro great sharing !!!

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
To those that still like to zip, rar,7zip .var in most cases it is absolute useless it makes no real sense to host .var in online clouds and filesharing services double compressed.
You can save that extra useless compress/uncompress step hosting them directly as .var (zip)

Same pretty much for .vac

In pretty much all cases you wont gain nothing no matter how high you compress
.vac <- most probably Virt-A-Mate Content/Compressed
.var <- most probably Virt-A-Mate Resource

of VAM

Last edited:

pigtamer69

Nov 8, 2019
As you're on some kind of epic pirate rampage haha have you or anyone else seen ....
And anything by : rzhappystar

and any of these by vam gs

I only have Crystal
VaM 2021-03-16 15-25-17.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020
Seen someone ask for this, searched and came up with no results. Did anyone get around to this one?

dabobman

Mar 5, 2019
This community and "game" is insane lol. I'm only halfway through the thread, I had to get an 8TB SSD for this and Skyrim modding. I wonder if that will even be enough in the future.
lol Yeah it's huge. I'm getting by with 500 g SSD, but I am running out of room fast.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Not every content result is yet perfectly optimized it depends on the individual creator and his entire workflow

But in VAM we target extreme LODs very often as close as you can get in real life to a human and for Macro Shoots many strive for crystal clear perfection so data rates are huge.
With VAM 2.0 we will see further improvements their

Not Super Sampling Space Compressed of what you see in my Signature
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

01C3

Sep 30, 2019
To those that still like to zip, rar,7zip .var in most cases it is absolute useless it makes no real sense to host .var in online clouds and filesharing services double compressed.
You can save that extra useless compress/uncompress step hosting them directly as .var (zip)

Same pretty much for .vac

In pretty much all cases you wont gain nothing no matter how high you compress
.vac <- most probably Virt-A-Mate Content/Compressed
.var <- most probably Virt-A-Mate Resource

of VAM
On the technical level you're correct, but an additional layer of ZIP, RAR, etc. at the very least provides an integrity check: should your file become damaged in transit, the unpacking procedure will fail. With straight VAC or VAR, you're going to be relying on VaM doing that "check" for you...

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes