Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

immyneedscake

Jul 28, 2021
Is some hero here proficient in converting blender models to VAM models?

Because these two are missing in VAM.

I have Tali done (got her bioluminescence working nicely too), but honestly just forgot to upload. I'll see if there are some issues I need to iron out before release.

I'll try uploading sometime this week or next over here:

and yeah, everything I do is for free and for everyone, now and always, so don't worry on that front.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Soupface27

Jan 4, 2018
Ok ,i will try to help but bear in mind im still VERY NOOB when it comes to this stuff.
so to start,. i would get a few pics from the web of the same person , prefferbly 4K resoulution but ive had good results from 1080p resolution also.
the best pics to use are the suggestions that facegen itself makes or as close as you can get to them. its a bit of trial and error but ive gotten away with images like the ones in the BAD section with some editing and trickery in photoshop / 3dpaint if you simply cant find a good one, BUT ive also had the best image possible that turned out awful so its trial and error to be honest.
use photoshop (or similar) to close the mouths if you cant get an image without a smile and use paint/3Dpaint to edit and remove bad shadows etc if the lighting is off.
View attachment 1323009
i dont generally use a profile picture in facegen as results are not that good but i do use one when in VAM making tweaks.
once im satisfied with the facegen outcome, i throw the results in VAM , load up textures and morph and tweak the face shape with the sliders as facgen can and is most likley off alot. i use a programme onTopReplica to overlay the image i used from facegen like in this tutorial from Alter3go on youtube.

also , if the textures arent quite right or have bad patches and artifacts i also tweak the in paint/3Dpaint to fix them.
once happy with the look and texture use the sliders in tab , skin materials 1 and 2 to adjust the skin colour if needed
and job done.

these are the steps in my process to make my looks , in short which i hope are more understandable.

1. find 1 good image and edit in photoshop / paint to remove defects so to speak like bad shadows , spots , smiles etc , if required.

2.Use this 1 image in facegen and ONLY this image (no profile/ side images), if outcome is good throw the files in VAM folders and add to a model for next step. If the outcome is poor , for example ive had a good result in facegen BUT with a HUGE nose , you can fix this in facegen itself if you hold ctrl and right click and drag on the facegen image/model. (dont go mad as you can get some horrific results lol. I only use facgen like this for initial tweaks, most of the slider work is done in VAM itself.
View attachment 1323042 View attachment 1323043 View attachment 1323074 example of small tweak like shortening the nose and chin.
View attachment 1323050 example of horrifying tweak on the same model Lol. ps the morph created from facegen WILL make your VAM model look like this , so if you want to play around with it you can.

3. Once happy with facegen results , load them in VAM with textures and morphs added to a model ,Use OnTopReplica to overlay the image i used in facegen next to the model im working on and use the sliders in VAM to tweak the face shape (if needed). like this .

4.When satisfyied with the shape etc , Use paint or similar if you need to and edit the textures and touch them up and your done.

i appolgise in advance if nobody can understand a word of this , this is my first time trying to explain my process to others and im very NOOBish still but i hope it helps. If unsure about anything , feel free to ask. (y)
I'm in the camp of folks that does not use blender and the like, so I've made all my models with the combo of both facegen and foto2vam to start and then pure slider work. Both of these on thier own are hit or miss (more often miss). But if you use both and blend them, you get a fairly good starting point.

Facegen makes okay morphs with the right images used, but foto2vam is pretty good at picking out small details, also with using a good array of images and angles. However foto2vam mostly churns out a very ambiguous looking person in its native form and facegen morphs need to be only partially used because at 100 percent its usually pretty bad.

While not as glamorous as using blender and the like, and a bit clunky, you can blend your facegen morph and your foto2vam morphs with Vamdeluxes MorphMixer plugin and overlay the front facing image you used in facegen with on top replica or PureRef so you can get a bit of a guide as you move the morph mixer slider and blend the 2 morphs.
I've never moved the morph mix slider any higher than about 25 to 30.
After you are content with your blend you can then use that as your base and start lining up nose eye and mouth placement and go from there.
Every lookalike I have on the hub ( if anyone here has picked any of them up) used this process to start. It's not foolproof but it works if you are like me and haven't yet learned blender/zbrush etc.

fiyad75972

Nov 29, 2020
It sure can. When I upgraded from the Samsung Odyssey to the Quest 2, I had to start using 8K skins because the pixilation on most 4K textures is so noticeable that it's distracting. The blurry eyebrows kills it for me too.
Photoshop has a great upscaling feature in Menu/Image/Image Size that works miracles.
Thank you for the tip. But no one makes their models with 8K textures? Or have I missed something?

pbam

May 22, 2018
Is some hero here proficient in converting blender models to VAM models?

Because these two are missing in VAM.

There's a pretty decent tali one out. Forgot who made it. I think the jinblade pack has it. But I agree femshep is sorely needed. We already have multiples of the other characters. We have 4 Ashleys, 2 mirandas ,1-2 liaras, 2 jacks, 1 tali, 1 or 2 stock asari and 1 samara. There was a femshep attempt a while ago, but it was more of a “fan” interpretation than an actual model rip. femshep is the only main female character out of ME without a canon/game accurate model.

Reactions: Smithe

Kniffo

Jul 16, 2018
Ok ,i will try to help but bear in mind im still VERY NOOB when it comes to this stuff.
so to start,. i would get a few pics from the web of the same person , prefferbly 4K resoulution but ive had good results from 1080p resolution also.
the best pics to use are the suggestions that facegen itself makes or as close as you can get to them. its a bit of trial and error but ive gotten away with images like the ones in the BAD section with some editing and trickery in photoshop / 3dpaint if you simply cant find a good one, BUT ive also had the best image possible that turned out awful so its trial and error to be honest.
use photoshop (or similar) to close the mouths if you cant get an image without a smile and use paint/3Dpaint to edit and remove bad shadows etc if the lighting is off.
View attachment 1323009
i dont generally use a profile picture in facegen as results are not that good but i do use one when in VAM making tweaks.
once im satisfied with the facegen outcome, i throw the results in VAM , load up textures and morph and tweak the face shape with the sliders as facgen can and is most likley off alot. i use a programme onTopReplica to overlay the image i used from facegen like in this tutorial from Alter3go on youtube.

also , if the textures arent quite right or have bad patches and artifacts i also tweak the in paint/3Dpaint to fix them.
once happy with the look and texture use the sliders in tab , skin materials 1 and 2 to adjust the skin colour if needed
and job done.

these are the steps in my process to make my looks , in short which i hope are more understandable.

1. find 1 good image and edit in photoshop / paint to remove defects so to speak like bad shadows , spots , smiles etc , if required.

2.Use this 1 image in facegen and ONLY this image (no profile/ side images), if outcome is good throw the files in VAM folders and add to a model for next step. If the outcome is poor , for example ive had a good result in facegen BUT with a HUGE nose , you can fix this in facegen itself if you hold ctrl and right click and drag on the facegen image/model. (dont go mad as you can get some horrific results lol. I only use facgen like this for initial tweaks, most of the slider work is done in VAM itself.
View attachment 1323042 View attachment 1323043 View attachment 1323074 example of small tweak like shortening the nose and chin.
View attachment 1323050 example of horrifying tweak on the same model Lol. ps the morph created from facegen WILL make your VAM model look like this , so if you want to play around with it you can.

3. Once happy with facegen results , load them in VAM with textures and morphs added to a model ,Use OnTopReplica to overlay the image i used in facegen next to the model im working on and use the sliders in VAM to tweak the face shape (if needed). like this .

4.When satisfyied with the shape etc , Use paint or similar if you need to and edit the textures and touch them up and your done.

i appolgise in advance if nobody can understand a word of this , this is my first time trying to explain my process to others and im very NOOBish still but i hope it helps. If unsure about anything , feel free to ask. (y)
The problem is that no textures are generated at all in FaceGen. A single DSF file is output which I cannot use for the textures in Vam.

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020
Understood. What we are talking about? One time 20 bucks order? I am just almost 60yrs old man with more than 30yrs in IT business (security, app development). I have not your bad experiences. Maybe we both wasted more money by spending time to writing these answers. Dot.
Drive4VR it's excellent, I've bought it a while ago, and I've never had any problems with the license, besides it serves a lot of other things...

ProNoobGamer

Dec 11, 2020
Hopefully I am not the only one with this question, but, Is there a step by step guide on how to get MMD/VMD working with VaM? By step-by-step I mean details on which softwares to download and what to click to get a scene going. I've seen posts mentioning different things on this matter. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: sabmkzero

chunk300zxtt

Jan 16, 2020
super helpful. If you had to guess, about how long does it take you to create a model you are happy with using this process?
i depends really as sometime i literly get stuck on choosing the right hair for nearly an hour but thats just because of the sheer amount of choice
i have to choose from lol. to be honest though , from start to finish , finding an sutitable image to the end product an average its about
2 hours give or take.

chunk300zxtt

Jan 16, 2020
I'm in the camp of folks that does not use blender and the like, so I've made all my models with the combo of both facegen and foto2vam to start and then pure slider work. Both of these on thier own are hit or miss (more often miss). But if you use both and blend them, you get a fairly good starting point.

Facegen makes okay morphs with the right images used, but foto2vam is pretty good at picking out small details, also with using a good array of images and angles. However foto2vam mostly churns out a very ambiguous looking person in its native form and facegen morphs need to be only partially used because at 100 percent its usually pretty bad.

While not as glamorous as using blender and the like, and a bit clunky, you can blend your facegen morph and your foto2vam morphs with Vamdeluxes MorphMixer plugin and overlay the front facing image you used in facegen with on top replica or PureRef so you can get a bit of a guide as you move the morph mixer slider and blend the 2 morphs.
I've never moved the morph mix slider any higher than about 25 to 30.
After you are content with your blend you can then use that as your base and start lining up nose eye and mouth placement and go from there.
Every lookalike I have on the hub ( if anyone here has picked any of them up) used this process to start. It's not foolproof but it works if you are like me and haven't yet learned blender/zbrush etc.
you picked up on the one thing i completley forgot in my post and thats the slider for the facegen morph NOT being set to 100.
you are totally right as when at 100 they are way off the mark. i usually set the slider between 60 to 65 as this seems to be the sweet spot.
i also did foto2vam in the past with great results but i do find facegen more accurate due to the textures.

chunk300zxtt

Jan 16, 2020
The problem is that no textures are generated at all in FaceGen. A single DSF file is output which I cannot use for the textures in Vam.
you got foto2vam and facegen mixed up i think.
FaceGen creates the textures , minus the gens texture and also the morph file.
Foto2vam ONLY creates the morph.
this is why i lean more towards using Facegen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes