Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesbeer08

May 4, 2021
No post reply anymore
I think its a giant mistake and so does everyone else. The reasons to delete it are nill if you ask me. I think there is just someone in charge that has to have it his way or no way. Ive seen admins like that before, they kill communities.
You can have both ways of sharing. But if uploaders get no satisfaction and appreciation from a live ongoing thread they wont upload anymore. Whats the point? If people dont like coming to the thread they dont have to. They can go to the asset section. Most of us want the thread to stay alive. It blows my mind that they want to close their most popular thread by 100 times because of some dead links 50 pages ago. This thread is one of the top things that pop up when you search VAM or Virt A Mate in google. Yet they want it gone. Is it "they" or just one admin? Deadlinks are also going to happen in the asset section as well since the files arent hosted here.

If I get banned oh well, the thread will be gone soon anyways lol.

This has been discussed extensively over the past months, but I'll bite:

1. Keeping a single thread for a forum worth of content is crazy and messy, people keep coming here asking for the same things over and over and over again because they can't find shit.

2.Requests are easier to be solved if they don't get buried under 50 re-requests and bug reports in an hour.

3. Full threads have more links, meaning fewer problems with dead links, especially when there are creators actively antagonizing and shooting down links here.

4. Tags, prefixes, previews, the LU, better search indexing, generally all of the cool tools the forum offers that don't exist in a single thread.

And if you must go there, losing all views of any single thread in the forum would not even show up in the statistics, so yeah, less traffic doesn't matter nearly as much as pushing the VaM section (and by extension the whole forum) to a higher standard.

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
here bro, cant believe we have to say goodbye soon, i must have missed you guys
Thank you so much! I have been waiting for this look to be shared for SO long. Jungsu is one of the few creators I wouldn't mind subbing to, but patreon doesn't accept the whole prepaid card thing. I refuse to use my personal banking, or any personal info for that matter, online. It is sad that they are closing this thread, but with VaM 2.0 around the corner, I am sure that there will be a new thread. Don't think of this as "goodbye", it is more like "see you around".

EDlanden

Aug 20, 2021
Does anyone have it? The creator is Jungsu315 .

1629859144172.png 1629859155865.png

louis120789

Jan 28, 2021
Thank you so much! I have been waiting for this look to be shared for SO long. Jungsu is one of the few creators I wouldn't mind subbing to, but patreon doesn't accept the whole prepaid card thing. I refuse to use my personal banking, or any personal info for that matter, online. It is sad that they are closing this thread, but with VaM 2.0 around the corner, I am sure that there will be a new thread. Don't think of this as "goodbye", it is more like "see you around".
you are one of my favorite and helpful friends here anyway :)). i just dont like him packed his vac file, lazy guy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Anon2469

azel1221

Apr 13, 2019
Has anyone proposed to the mods/admin an agreement where we copy everything posted in the thread over to the assets page in exchange for keeping it open?

Eyenstein

Oct 21, 2019
So I ran a little experiment, for shits and giggles, and it worked. So figured I'd share.

I have a 4TB NAS (network storage). Since VAM starts to run sluggish with a lot of Vars in the local directory, I decided to try and eliminate that, but still be able to access the vars. In the hopes of gaining performance back(in the menus and scene loading) and space.

So what I did was make a Symbolic link to my (backup) Addon's folder that's on my Nas and that worked! So what I did was move my main addon's folder outside of VaM's folder and made a Symbolic link to the mapped drive. Since my backup wasn't up-to-date with what I have locally, I could see what was the latest var on the backup, go into VaM and search for that and it showed. I also know it's working because I'm watching the network performance and I see the activity to and from.

Main thing is I wanted to free up space on the drive VaM is on, but not lose access to all the vars. Since the Var's are not being loaded and accessed locally, it seems to give a little performance back along with space, like menus opening a little faster, female morphs, cloths, hairs etc. Just the initial load of VaM takes a bit, which I believe is do to the network speed & NAS drive speed i'm seeing in task manager on the vam process.

So in "theory" this can also work if you have your addon folder on another drive. I think the Var loading portion (using this method) will depend on your drive speed (or network and nas drive speed if you go the route I did) But I really haven't gotten a chance to do a performance benchmark yet. Just keep in mind that VaM will be accessing/loading the vars from another location. I also think and "assume" if you use this method, have another ssd or hdd you are going to use for the Link, you could turn bitlocker on and it'll prevent any malicious scripts from causing any harm, like deleting files. Course bitlocker is a bit more complex in set up and utilizing the way we want it, so the average user won't be savy with it. Plus there are other things you can do, once the folder is isolated like this from the main VaM folder.

This is the guide I followed. The main thing to remember, is VaM looks for a folder. So trying to do a shortcut to the AddonPackages wont work, which this symbolic link fixes.
Can You explain your steps?? Trying to make this work..

Sarumanking

Apr 5, 2021
hi every one. i will going to buid new pc to run vam smoothly. whats cpu+gpu do you used it. please give me advice. how about i5 11400f + 3060ti.

Pesadilla

Are you sure this isn't a nightmare?
Donor
Sep 28, 2018
Good news everyone =p

Version 1.0.4 of PDD is here, now we have a script (Dependency Mapper) that can detect your REAL dependencies the ones that you REALLY need, this script completely ignores "meta.json" dependencies and instead goes for the JSON's scenes/presets.

It will detect automatically which clothes/hairs/morphs you are missing, yes the ones that will make your scene/preset different from the one the creator orginally made and will give you a list so you can ask here what you are missing...

Also a new implementation to get rid of those pesky bad duplicated "Iris Reflection" that Stenzelo made and a lot of creators used, so more deduplication for you...

https://f95zone.to/threads/pesadilla-deduplicator-pdd-1-0-4.91634/

Enjoy!

Sarumanking

Apr 5, 2021
lol.... I have am AMD 5800x with a 3080TI, M.2 PCIE 4 drive with DDR4 4000hz ram... it made no difference from my last pc. The VAM engine is capped at what it is....
How is performance? Im still run vam by my old laptop. Its dell 7559 - i5 6300hq and gtx 960m. Lol… im going to buid new desktop. budget around 1700 - 1800 usd

-Carcosa

May 14, 2021
Based on the idea given by -Carcosa, I did CommunityPosePack6.uiap to be loaded in UIAssist for fun.
Holy moley you went the full route eponge! Mine was lazy and just had one button per folder to cycle through the VAPs within it.

I've attached my implementation updated for Community.PosePack.7.var that has a Quick Launch Bar with common tasks and one button for each pose folder that will cycle thru the VAP contents of each alphanumerically when clicked. In the interest of organization I have excluded "High Heels Poses" as there are only three poses as well as "REM Poses" & "POSE 400" as they have multiple nested sub-folders not useful for this simple approach. One can always use the "pose" button on the Quick Launch Bar to manually select these from the VaM UI and I'll look into those a bit more. There may be some other non-default settings in this uiap as I built it from my live setup, let me know if that should change.

This is of course based off JayJayWon.UIAssist(Patron).34.var (UIAssist v1.21.0). While I well know where I am here, I would encourage anyone interested to add this creator to your rotation when/if possible. They do good shit for the community and we all like a good shit, eh?

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
[Clothing Items]
Nial's piercing pack #1 packed as var. Had to search my backup drive for these files because a scene that I loaded gave me a missing clothing error. Packed them as var and figured that I would upload them here for anyone that could use them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pesadilla

Donor
Sep 28, 2018
So after a deepscan i know that i need this vars:

suparioamateur.home_tube_dress.latest.var
suparioamateur.layered_makeups.latest.var
mr_cadillacv8.leoni_24.latest.var
putz.cyber_top.latest.var
renvr.belle_(var)_.latest.var
renvr_leah.latest.var
vvvevevvv.bunny_suit_set.latest.var
dnaddr.corrine1_65.latest.var

Can anyone be kind enough to share?

Thanks!

Reactions: Bigrabi

cream pie

Sep 24, 2017

renvr_leah.latest.var

Thanks!
here you go

Anon2469

Jul 13, 2020
you are one of my favorite and helpful friends here anyway :)). i just dont like him packed his vac file, lazy guy.
I packed it as var for you. Zip includes the .var and .txt file.

renvr_leah.latest.var

Thanks!
This is all I got. I also have Dnaddr.Corrine_v1_67.1.var if you need it.

Last edited:

Pesadilla

Donor
Sep 28, 2018
I packed it as var for you. Zip includes the .var and .txt file.

This is all I got. I also have Dnaddr.Corrine_v1_67.1.var if you need it.

You just made me really happy thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes