Collection Mod Unity Virt-A-Mate Mod Assets: Clothing,Environments,Objects,Scenes,Looks,ect.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obitron

Oct 14, 2020
It's how you can tell that VamDoll and ASnail are the same person running 2 Patreons ;)
Not saying a single person running multiple patreons doesn’t happen but those two’s stuff looks different enough from each other, from noses to lighting in preview images and general style of characters. Vamdoll seeming to be the slightly better of the two.

Agreed on that smirk peta uses making stuff look more similar than it is though.

Ahsluta

Jul 2, 2018
If anyone has access to these, can you please share them?

Thank you very much!
Just refreshing my requests. Its been more than 48 hours and almost 10 pages so I hope its ok. Im also checking kemono but it seems like some artists arent even there yet. Either my requests are very unpopular/unusual or the thread has been dying too fast. Im not a fan of requesting too much so if someone know some other sites/forums I could check maybe you could write them here or pm?

Big thanks in advance.

Amadeus3D

Apr 9, 2020
Just refreshing my requests. Its been more than 48 hours and almost 10 pages so I hope its ok. Im also checking kemono but it seems like some artists arent even there yet. Either my requests are very unpopular/unusual or the thread has been dying too fast. Im not a fan of requesting too much so if someone know some other sites/forums I could check maybe you could write them here or pm?

Big thanks in advance.
Niko3DX's Quinn -

_Wolf_

Sep 25, 2017
So I ran a little experiment, for shits and giggles, and it worked. So figured I'd share.

I have a 4TB NAS (network storage). Since VAM starts to run sluggish with a lot of Vars in the local directory, I decided to try and eliminate that, but still be able to access the vars. In the hopes of gaining performance back(in the menus and scene loading) and space.

So what I did was make a Symbolic link to my (backup) Addon's folder that's on my Nas and that worked! So what I did was move my main addon's folder outside of VaM's folder and made a Symbolic link to the mapped drive. Since my backup wasn't up-to-date with what I have locally, I could see what was the latest var on the backup, go into VaM and search for that and it showed. I also know it's working because I'm watching the network performance and I see the activity to and from.

Main thing is I wanted to free up space on the drive VaM is on, but not lose access to all the vars. Since the Var's are not being loaded and accessed locally, it seems to give a little performance back along with space, like menus opening a little faster, female morphs, cloths, hairs etc. Just the initial load of VaM takes a bit, which I believe is do to the network speed & NAS drive speed i'm seeing in task manager on the vam process.

So in "theory" this can also work if you have your addon folder on another drive. I think the Var loading portion (using this method) will depend on your drive speed (or network and nas drive speed if you go the route I did) But I really haven't gotten a chance to do a performance benchmark yet. Just keep in mind that VaM will be accessing/loading the vars from another location. I also think and "assume" if you use this method, have another ssd or hdd you are going to use for the Link, you could turn bitlocker on and it'll prevent any malicious scripts from causing any harm, like deleting files. Course bitlocker is a bit more complex in set up and utilizing the way we want it, so the average user won't be savy with it. Plus there are other things you can do, once the folder is isolated like this from the main VaM folder.

This is the guide I followed. The main thing to remember, is VaM looks for a folder. So trying to do a shortcut to the AddonPackages wont work, which this symbolic link fixes.

Last edited:

tna20

Jul 11, 2019
I think I'm just going to ignore vecterror from now on.
From "now on" :LOL:
Ever tried to do face expressions with the models - NIGHTMARES!
Do not get me wrong - models look great most of the time - until you animate them or look from another angle than in the "advertised" photos

TellyV

Jun 11, 2020
Are the pages like this still going to keep getting updated after the shut down? And will there be a place to share on f95 after so pages like i posted here can get updated?
https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=assets/page=1/tags=2220/prefixes=35
Yes, one of the reasons they are shutting this thread is to encourage us to use that page.

For discussion, one of the mods confirmed last week that https://f95zone.to/threads/virt-a-mate-v1-19-meshed-vr.6881/ will still be active. It doesn't get much traffic now, but I expect from September, most of us will be using that as our F95 landing page instead of this one :)

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020
So I ran a little experiment, for shits and giggles, and it worked. So figured I'd share.

I have a 4TB NAS (network storage). Since VAM starts to run sluggish with a lot of Vars in the local directory, I decided to try and eliminate that, but still be able to access the vars. In the hopes of gaining performance back(in the menus and scene loading) and space.

So what I did was make a Symbolic link to my (backup) Addon's folder that's on my Nas and that worked! So what I did was move my main addon's folder outside of VaM's folder and made a Symbolic link to the mapped drive. Since my backup wasn't up-to-date with what I have locally, I could see what was the latest var on the backup, go into VaM and search for that and it showed. I also know it's working because I'm watching the network performance and I see the activity to and from.

Main thing is I wanted to free up space on the drive VaM is on, but not lose access to all the vars. Since the Var's are not being loaded and accessed locally, it seems to give a little performance back along with space, like menus opening a little faster, female morphs, cloths, hairs etc. Just the initial load of VaM takes a bit, which I believe is do to the network speed & NAS drive speed i'm seeing in task manager on the vam process.

So in "theory" this can also work if you have your addon folder on another drive. I think the Var loading portion (using this method) will depend on your drive speed (or network and nas drive speed if you go the route I did) But I really haven't gotten a chance to do a performance benchmark yet. Just keep in mind that VaM will be accessing/loading the vars from another location. I also think and "assume" if you use this method, have another ssd or hdd you are going to use for the Link, you could turn bitlocker on and it'll prevent any malicious scripts from causing any harm, like deleting files. Course bitlocker is a bit more complex in set up and utilizing the way we want it, so the average user won't be savy with it. Plus there are other things you can do, once the folder is isolated like this from the main VaM folder.

This is the guide I followed. The main thing to remember, is VaM looks for a folder. So trying to do a shortcut to the AddonPackages wont work, which this symbolic link fixes.
if that works, I can have several folders to test, just by changing the symbolic link, Great! congratulations!

VENTONORTE

Oct 26, 2020

you could send a screenshot of your Vam , to see how the folder structure looks like ?

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020

What do you mean by this? Does this mean that game will load all vars but there is performance gain?

Lets say i've 500 vars. I put those 500 vars into outside of vam but same drive. I create symbolic link then load game. Game loads faster? Does it load only vars that i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes