4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

ocerlot01

May 24, 2021
can someone tell me why this file wont show up in my vam is it named wrong by the creator?

Molloke

Jan 23, 2020
Does this still require a VR headset to do anything with? Can't make scenes and such without?
There's a Desktop mode. A VR headset is not actually required.

BUT...

There ARE some scenes that were made with a VR headset in mind from the start by the author. In those cases sometimes you don't have access to all the elements of a scene (or subscene elements). However, those types of "VR only" scenes are not that common, usually you can access the majority of scenes in both VR and Desktop mode.

The only example I actually ran into where I couldn't do anything in a scene was one that had only Voice Command triggers in order to initiate character animations. So I needed a microphone and I had to speak out loud and it had to be in VR mode because there were no In-Scene User Interface "buttons" that I could have clicked on with a Mouse cursor. So even though I could actually LOAD the scene in Desktop mode, once I was in it, I couldn't actually do anything and both the female and the male didn't move and nothing was happening at all. But, that's just ONE scene, I've never encountered any other similar scenes so far (and I have many dozens).

I use VAM in Desktop mode myself, 100% only. I don't even own a VR headset at all, nor even plan to get one even in the next decade. I'm just not into VR at all (and the only one time I tried it in a mall during a demonstration made me sick for the rest of the day, never touched that stuff again ever since).

toasty56

Sep 3, 2019
There's a Desktop mode. A VR headset is not actually required.

BUT...

There ARE some scenes that were made with a VR headset in mind from the start by the author. In those cases sometimes you don't have access to all the elements of a scene (or subscene elements). However, those types of "VR only" scenes are not that common, usually you can access the majority of scenes in both VR and Desktop mode.

The only example I actually ran into where I couldn't do anything in a scene was one that had only Voice Command triggers in order to initiate character animations. So I needed a microphone and I had to speak out loud and it had to be in VR mode because there were no In-Scene User Interface "buttons" that I could have clicked on with a Mouse cursor. So even though I could actually LOAD the scene in Desktop mode, once I was in it, I couldn't actually do anything and both the female and the male didn't move and nothing was happening at all. But, that's just ONE scene, I've never encountered any other similar scenes so far (and I have many dozens).

I use VAM in Desktop mode myself, 100% only. I don't even own a VR headset at all, nor even plan to get one even in the next decade. I'm just not into VR at all (and the only one time I tried it in a mall during a demonstration made me sick for the rest of the day, never touched that stuff again ever since).
Thank you for the detailed response. This is great news, I'll check out VAM then.

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
Does this still require a VR headset to do anything with? Can't make scenes and such without?
It's not required, but I highly recommend getting a headset for this, it's a way better experience in VR. The motion controllers make positioning people and creating animations so much easier and more natural. And obviously the immersion factor is something else with this in VR. I got myself a Quest 2 only for this and would do it again.

toasty56

Sep 3, 2019
It's not required, but I highly recommend getting a headset for this, it's a way better experience in VR. The motion controllers make positioning people and creating animations so much easier and more natural. And obviously the immersion factor is something else with this in VR. I got myself a Quest 2 only for this and would do it again.
Thank you for the reply as well. I would do it with VR, but that's out of my price range for the time being, unfortunately.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hi. Simple question. Can u make a game like House Party with this?
You can't make a "game" out of Virt-a-Mate, because it's not game engine. It's a sandbox for VR (yes, it works in Desktop mode as well, but it has been developed with focus on VR).

I've never played House Party, but judging from screesnhots I saw, you probably just want to create a similar environment (a room or a house) with lots of people having a party and who you can interact with. This should be possible, but most scenes with 3 or more characters in Virt-a-Mate (if they are "real" characters and not just "dummies") need a very powerful (meaning: more power than you probably can get as of today ;)) PC to run on.

darkblaze012

Jul 29, 2018
You can't make a "game" out of Virt-a-Mate, because it's not game engine. It's a sandbox for VR (yes, it works in Desktop mode as well, but it has been developed with focus on VR).

I've never played House Party, but judging from screesnhots I saw, you probably just want to create a similar environment (a room or a house) with lots of people having a party and who you can interact with. This should be possible, but most scenes with 3 or more characters in Virt-a-Mate (if they are "real" characters and not just "dummies") need a very powerful (meaning: more power than you probably can get as of today ;)) PC to run on.

Oh i see. I am currently trying to tinker with this VaM since i am new with it. I had "some" experience with DAZ and since i have a"better" set up i want to try this new VaM thing and continue my knowledge with DAZ.

House party is an erotic rpg game made from UE5, afaik. And since UE5 is exponentially more complicated compared to DAZ, i am now trying to go back to just trying DAZ and renpy. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: theMickey_
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes