cauldron

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2018
Hello,
Just to be sure, to use this program you need a Patreon key.
Is that correct?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Hello,
Just to be sure, to use this program you need a Patreon key.
Is that correct?
You can use VaM without a key, but then you can't do much -- just view some demo scenes IIRC. You can't add additional scenes/looks/etc or create your own scenes. To use VaM to its full extend, you'll need a so called "Creator" key, which you usually get via Patreon.
I wonder where else you could find that key...?!

Dserved

Jun 5, 2017
Under Clothing and Hair there is a latest only checkbox
1663686604312.png
Is it possible to manipulate how this works? Currently, it is very ineffectual, but what i'd like it to do is ONLY SHOW assets that are brand new/weren't there the previous time VAM started.

I ask as I'm doing the recommended and organizing and tagging all my Vam shit. Currently, I have to remove all .vars each time I add a new one, so I can clearly identify what it is in-game and tag/file it appropriately.

Or if anyone knows a method to achieve this, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020
Is there any plugin that smoothes / interpolate the transition of pose presets? I know there's the timeline but I don't need anything that fancy, just to slow down the switch between poses so it doesn't look like the doll is having a stroke.

Also is there an easy way / hotkey to switch between Desktop / VR with the app already open?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...there is a latest only checkbox...
...which only show the latest VERSION of an asset if you have multiple version of the same clothes/hair installed (like if you have Creator.Hair.1.var and Creator.Hair.2.var -- "Latest Only" will only show what's inside Creator.Hair.2.var). What you mean is the sort order "New to Old" just left of it ;-)

Or if anyone knows a method to achieve this, I'm all ears.
Instead of removing all those *.var files, I would just "disable" them in the integrated Package Manager:

1663709960144.png

So: install a *.var file, test it, then disable it through the Package Manager. Leave VaM open, add another *.var file, use the "Rescan Packages" button (also in the above screenshot), then test it, disable it afterwards, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Dserved
Dec 7, 2017
Is there any plugin that smoothes / interpolate the transition of pose presets? I know there's the timeline but I don't need anything that fancy, just to slow down the switch between poses so it doesn't look like the doll is having a stroke.

Also is there an easy way / hotkey to switch between Desktop / VR with the app already open?
M toggles whether the desktop is shown or not and if it is it becomes the main camera, but I don't think there is any way to stop vr from rendering without relaunching

Reactions: MrZack

rev_10

Sep 16, 2022
Holy crap, this is very good, but really complex to use, the creator of this really commited into making something really advanced.

Boolsen

Dec 1, 2020
Should I disable auto behaviors if I am using plugins? Not sure if they conflict or not.
Depends on what autobehavior plugin you're trying to run. Usually you can try and mix and match, if a plugin conflicts with something, you should get a warning message in the blue warning tab.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes