4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

gscreamoz

Oct 24, 2019
excuse me, I used to install a game on my old HDD and then I moved the game to the M.2. When I launched the game I opened the task manager to check The VaM was noticeably faster and ran on my new M.2. Installed, but when the scene is opened, the game runs on the old HDD that was previously installed. This makes the game load slowly. How can I fix this?

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
excuse me, I used to install a game on my old HDD and then I moved the game to the M.2.
...but when the scene is opened, the game runs on the old HDD that was previously installed...
If you just move the VaM folder from your HDD to your M.2 drive, there's absolutely no way VaM still loads stuff from your HDD.

Unless you did some trickery with hard/soft links or junctions in your previous install which point outside your VaM installation directory and therefore might still be linked to some folders on your HDD. VaM does only work "inside" the VaM installation directory itself and does not have access to directories outside of it.

Streamcraft

Mar 16, 2023
Make sure you haven't installed VaM into a protected folder, which can only be accessed (or rather: changed) by admin users only. Check the security on your main VaM folder, and make it fully accessible to your main user or all authenticated users, and make sure to include all subfolders/files. Then VaM should run perfectly fine as a "normal" user and should also keep your settings.
Did RMB on VAM folder<security<authenticated users<edit<checked Full permision. In both main user and 2nd user.
Did also on the down part but still doesent work.
Its telling me acces denided even in administrator user

Last edited:

Zlaito

Jun 23, 2020
How the fuck vam hub mods knows when i create new account? I was banned few months ago because of some fag started fight with me. Now whenever i create new account it they just ban it eventually. How do they know? IP? browser? How to avoid banned again? Any help?

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
excuse me, I used to install a game on my old HDD and then I moved the game to the M.2. When I launched the game I opened the task manager to check The VaM was noticeably faster and ran on my new M.2. Installed, but when the scene is opened, the game runs on the old HDD that was previously installed. This makes the game load slowly. How can I fix this?
Why do you think the game is running on the old HDD?

The only thing that I can think you forgot to move is the cache folder. But people often say that this folder can be left on an HDD with minimal impact on load times.

LunZhuoHan

Mar 9, 2022
Hi all,
for some reason my game loads up per usual, but every text box(clickable option) seems to be empty, without any text. Does anyone know a fix for this issue?

chunk300zxtt

Jan 16, 2020
Hi folks , does anyone have my older content i posted to this site , LOOKS lol .... i joined the hub and have been posting as AnonChunk but 1st started HERE and need my older looks as i had to NUKE my VAM Folder lol . Please if you have ANY of my older looks , post and link them for me , Im looking for MY goth chick , 7 of 9 mostly but the more the better :)

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
Does anyone know if there is a plugin that customizes or creates the lighting in the scenes?
I don't know the BEST way to do it. But the way I do it, is to create a subscene, add lumination plugin to it, then use UIAssist to create a button to load this subscene with a preset with a single button, and finally, use the body language plugin lightmeup to toggle scene lights off. (or just manually select and delete each light)

I think you can load bodylanguage automatically with scene ninja and also create a button to toggle scene lights off (or even create a multi funtion button to toggle scene lights off and load a lighting preset with a single click, but I haven't tested it)

Sounds like a lot of work, but once you set it up, you can load your lighting presets with a single click in every scene.

An easier way to do it is using only the body language plugin lightmeup feature. But I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Also, there is VamX. I don't really like it. But it has many preset lightings aswell.

Also, don't forget to set the global illum. master in the scene lighting tab to zero. I think it looks way better.

duration

Aug 24, 2019
hey folks, can somebody please maybe explain why in this scene, TV-set, instead of showing the video, actually shows the "?" questionmark on the scene TVscreen(not on my screen). The scene itself is this one:

Although, I double-checked that the video file itself is indeed located at H:/VAM/Custom/Images/video.mp4 but in the scene itself, the TV-set still cannot reproduce it. Any ideas as to why? Does VAM require any maybe specific codec to be installed or special driver, or maybe some attitional plugin for the video to play, despite the fact that all scene dependancies I successfully already installed?

* some side question, maybe somebody can share any link to some very simple VAM scene(s) with a TV player, that would allow to open video files(directly from the scene) such as avi, xvid, divx, mpeg4 etc?

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Do anyone knows if there's a slider plugin or any way to make the UISlider to not be linear? To be instead exponential or any other type of curve between the values?

kotonomi

May 14, 2018
i have a (probably very dumb) question
how do i change the joints from local to global without using move constantly?

FatGuysOtherChin

May 27, 2019
Silly Question, why would some looks that I downloaded not be able to be edited into a scene? I have about 30 girls DLed but only 20 show up on my list when I try to switch out a girl in a scene for another.

mixmox82

Engaged Member
Jan 19, 2022
Some looks needs to be exported from a scene to be available to be imported as appearance.
There are also plugins to import directly from another scene.

Reactions: FatGuysOtherChin
4.70 star(s) 17 Votes