3.90 star(s) 39 Votes

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
The game literally tells you to take a shower. 10/10
Imagine VS getting developed so much that your succubus will become more persistent to your life? I wish i would've had more reasons to visit her, and give her control over some more stuff, hehe... Can't wait for the new ideas SuccuDev has, even though i'm not exactly contributing anything.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lrjrt and Ianuda

Assblasta9k

Apr 22, 2018
I honestly don't understand sharing the patch notes of the previous version. Here's 0.19 patch notes.

virtualsuccubus com/post/virtual-succubus-0-19-patch-notes
1625952443880.png
1625952458698.png
Is it really that strange? smh can't anyone be content for once

GoddessKyoko

Oct 10, 2020
A question when I choose a favorite outfit that will be seen less often? I haven't played this in months and I noticed that he almost always wears the same clothes

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
View attachment 1291207
View attachment 1291208
Is it really that strange? smh can't anyone be content for once
V.0.18 has been here for a month. Are you one of those who only check the first page and then moan about no updates? And of course, the patch notes are on virtualsuccubus,com, so I don't get the point in posting them here.
The game literally tells you to take a shower. 10/10
You can disobey. Be a dirty boy.
Now this is heroic. Thank you thank you thank you.
A question when I choose a favorite outfit that will be seen less often? I haven't played this in months and I noticed that he almost always wears the same clothes
When she asks you about your opinion on the current outfit, you can respond like/dislike/favourite. I don't know more than that, unfortunately.

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
Imagine VS getting developed so much that your succubus will become more persistent to your life? I wish i would've had more reasons to visit her, and give her control over some more stuff, hehe... Can't wait for the new ideas SuccuDev has, even though i'm not exactly contributing anything.
ProjectReplikant.

Oral_Cum_Shot

Jul 21, 2020
Hey, I posted a while ago about a bug I came across that messed up the text. I'm pretty sure that it's caused by tabbing out of the game and then tabbing back in. More specifically (but not 100% sure), it happens if you tab out while the scene changes.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Voice acting has been in for a few versions prior to that. As listed in the patch notes for the version that added it, it isn't dialogue voice acting, which I assume is what you expected.

You can also find out more about the reasons there's no voiced dialogue here if you're interested:
I think with all the money you're making now you could add voice acting.

VonPaniic

Apr 29, 2021
PSA to anyone changing versions (0.18 to 0.19): Check to make sure all of your settings are the same.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
I think with all the money you're making now you could add voice acting.
It'll make her a bit too personalized i'd say. Many voices easily transfer people's characters, and listening to her speaking in voice you personally don't see fitting to how you imagine your Succubus can be upsetting, and turning off the voice will feel bad too. It's much better to have people level up that imagination of theirs. Also the points dev has are really good - repetitive, too bothersome, costs a lot, and makes the game heavier.

Just plainly not worth the hussle to deal with all that for something like voice.

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
It'll make her a bit too personalized i'd say. Many voices easily transfer people's characters, and listening to her speaking in voice you personally don't see fitting to how you imagine your Succubus can be upsetting, and turning off the voice will feel bad too. It's much better to have people level up that imagination of theirs. Also the points dev has are really good - repetitive, too bothersome, costs a lot, and makes the game heavier.

Just plainly not worth the hussle to deal with all that for something like voice.
That's your opinion. Many people will feel more attracted to a voice than just text.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
That's your opinion. Many people will feel more attracted to a voice than just text.
That's your opinion too, no need to state that, we're talking opinions here... Yeah, some would be attracted. But it's by far not worth it. Logically too - fans of VS right now are all attracted to her and her text just fine, so until it's necessary, there's no need to change the game to please such specific non-fans on current patrons' money.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
I believe to remember SuccuDev weighing their options concerning more exhaustive VA and decided against it mainly due to repetetiveness.
Making the VA flexible enough that multiple lines can be recombined as desired and stuff be added for future content additions sounds like an excessively tricky task. Especially while the game isn't released yet and there are still changes being made to the tasks and demands by Succ.
Also keep in mind that every line would probably require a couple of recordings per task to keep variety while also doing extra lines for every potential mood and slight variation in wording there is.

Personally I could see it work if it is an option in addition to the way Succ articulates now; I just don't think it is feasible in the short to mid-term and should not be the focus as of right now.

P.S. It feels dirty making suggestions towards a dev while not paying for their baby. As far as I'm concerned they would be very much in their right to simply ignore any suggestions posted on this forum or even be a dick about it.

rf96

Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
P.S. It feels dirty making suggestions towards a dev while not paying for their baby. As far as I'm concerned they would be very much in their right to simply ignore any suggestions posted on this forum or even be a dick about it.
There wouldn't be so many devs on F95 if they didn't care about freeloaders' opinions.

As I said, SuccuDev makes more than $200K per year, he can afford paying a VA, or even several ones, for a lot of dialogue lines. For most devs the main obstacle to voice acting is the price, a problem SuccuDev doesn't have anymore.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ianuda

Assblasta9k

Apr 22, 2018
V.0.18 has been here for a month. Are you one of those who only check the first page and then moan about no updates? And of course, the patch notes are on virtualsuccubus,com, so I don't get the point in posting them here.
Good for you.

colorlessblue

Apr 16, 2020
As I said, SuccuDev makes more than $200K per year, he can afford paying a VA, or even several ones, for a lot of dialogue lines. For most devs the main obstacle to voice acting is the price, a problem SuccuDev doesn't have anymore.
It's less "can Succu-dev afford this" and more "is the development time and app size increase worth it?" Adding full VA work at this early stage would really hamper Succu-dev's ability to add entirely new features or rework dialogue (as new VA work would have to be done for each feature), and the amount of audio needed would make the app massive. That time and those resources could be better spent improving other aspects of the game. Not to mention the current VA style is language agnostic, reducing localization work.

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
This point is moronic. SuccuDev used to hold an active discussion on this forum. Ideas do not have origins. That sounds really Nazi of you - we're second-class, and our voices don't matter.
Adding full VA work at this early stage would really hamper Succu-dev's ability to add entirely new features or rework dialogue
Exactly. I don't understand rf96's point at all - did you even check the recent patch notes?
New Gameplay Feature: Counted Task Layers
Almost all counted tasks now have a chance to have an additional instruction based on a different toggle.
For example, Stroke while holding your breath is now a part of this system.
That's a myriad of new task configurations. Barely possible to voice act. And certainly not an efficient waste of time.
It'll make her a bit too personalized i'd say. Many voices easily transfer people's characters, and listening to her speaking in voice you personally don't see fitting to how you imagine your Succubus can be upsetting
This is an amazing point. The accent alone can be off-putting. And for the non-Anglophones, reading may be comfier. Her giggling is enough.
(Obviously, the biggest issue would be the repetitiveness of hearing the same lines over and over - this game's design cornerstone is replayability.)
kiberkiller, V.0.19R2, if possible, I'd be grateful.

Reactions: blarg0192

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
This point is moronic. SuccuDev used to hold an active discussion on this forum. Ideas do not have origins. That sounds really Nazi of you - we're second-class, and our voices don't matter.
Meh, feel however you like about the idea that one should prioritize the opinions paying customers. Apparently that makes one a Nazi - who knew? For all intents and purposes: Yes, if you're not paying for a continued service, you are second-class. Doesn't mean your opinion is without merit - just less likely to be heard and considered. Why would you expect anything else?

3.90 star(s) 39 Votes