3.80 star(s) 40 Votes

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
come on guys we're lucky succudev has tolerated piracy this long and even took suggestions from here... I think its a great game (discovered it on here and following for a long time) and I'm hoping to be able to buy it when it's actually on sale. developing this game isn't an easy task especially when you have coomers having a giga meltdown on a public forum. show some respect man... after all how many times did you cum to his game lol.
Well, it usually doesn't help when the dev wants to shit on people. Though demographic trends indicate this doesn't matter.

Similarly, it is difficult to stop piracy. Will pretty much never happen.

Anyways, when people want to shit on each other, don't be surprised when they start fighting.

sore winner

May 22, 2021
I don't usually comment here but I'm seeing a lot of dogpiling on the dev so I want to bring them some positivity.

Your game is great and I'm glad you're able to support your family with it. I will continue to support you on Patreon and hope that your good luck continues. The smart toys update was a great addition!

SuccuDev is giving everyone an easy way to get their game for free and some of you are biting the hand that's feeding you. We're lucky they haven't implemented license files tied to Patreon like some other devs are doing. It's a dev's right to enforce their goal (their right, even) to make money on their project. It's their project, not ours.

It's important to support indie devs however we can, financially or otherwise, if we like what they're doing. How else can we expect them to sustain their projects?

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Well, it usually doesn't help when the dev wants to shit on people.
Don't try to make them look victim here, do you honestly believe dev started shitting on poor innocent f95 users? "Entitled" and "f95 user" goes back to back, they pretty much deserved it, like in many, many other threads. It's just that some devs come here unprepared, with their devussy being unbroken, trying to be polite and stuff, and get shown the brutal reality, only screaming "Kyaaaa, you're so rough, nooo be gentle!". And some devs try to fight back, which is what you see. Too bad not many of them can adapt and live here comfortably.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
But what's the point engaging if you're rude? Might as well not.
People will indeed tend to respond to hostility, perceived or real, with more hostility. I don't see much point in engaging with it on the internet, where blocking features usually exist, and if they do not, the most simple answer is to ignore and move on.

SuccuDev

Virtual Succubus Developer
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
Don't try to make them look victim here, do you honestly believe dev started shitting on poor innocent f95 users? "Entitled" and "f95 user" goes back to back, they pretty much deserved it, like in many, many other threads. It's just that some devs come here unprepared, with their devussy being unbroken, trying to be polite and stuff, and get shown the brutal reality, only screaming "Kyaaaa, you're so rough, nooo be gentle!". And some devs try to fight back, which is what you see. Too bad not many of them can adapt and live here comfortably.

Pretending this forum is a rough place for rough people, yet F95 is the first to give you shit for being "rude". It's always been the same story. Just look at the reddit link that was just surfaced.

Hilarious, gotta say; a bunch of very loud "principled" hypocritical little bitches.

On a different note, ~10 more have requested access to the game today. Several indicating it's from my engaging on this thread.

It's increasing day to day, yet still very much pales compared to how many download out of convenience and feed the attention whores who distribute these projects that aren't theirs to give.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as people read this and see the cockroaches I've surfaced simply by having a stance, it's been a worthwhile effort. You're visibly not all like this; I think you should know what kind of place you're relying on.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Pretending this forum is a rough place for rough people, yet F95 is the first to give you shit for being "rude". It's always been the same story. Just look at the reddit link that was just surfaced.
Eeh, i don't mean it in a sense you put in. They're rough because they're literally rough to deal with, hence all usual: "You can't be rude, how dare you! Me? I'm not rude, i'm just telling the truth, i'm teaching how to be right!". It would be too simple if rude and rough people understood what they're doing, usually they're hypocrites that try to look nice and good.

Adapting to it means you understand that there are dummies here, that their opinion can be easily neglected, and that you suffer nothing for treating them as they treat you. I personally like it here exactly because hypocrisy and circlejerking doesn't help, you can give rude answers to people who hide rudeness behind looking good, and not get destroyed by "highly moral" moderators, since this place is for pirates and obviously doesn't try to look highly moral. Well, i didn't see anyone who did.

Last edited:

SuccuDev

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
Eeh, i don't mean it in a sense you put in. They're rough because they're literally rough to deal with, hence all usual: "You can't be rude, how dare you! Me? I'm not rude, i'm just telling the truth, i'm teaching how to be right!". It would be too simple if rude and rough people understood what they're doing, usually they're hypocrites that try to look nice and good.

Adapting to it means you understand that there are dummies here, that their opinion can be easily neglected, and that you suffer nothing for treating them as they treat you. I personally like it here exactly because hypocrisy and circlejerking doesn't help, you can give rude answers to people who hide rudeness behind looking good, and not get destroyed by "highly moral" moderators, since this place is for pirates and obviously doesn't try to look highly moral. Well, i didn't see anyone who did.
I've actually had my comments deleted in the past for giving people shit, they just do it silently.

LagJIy4

Nov 16, 2020
Eh, whatever, lemme drop more stuff into this bucket.

Thanks, SuccuDev, for providing a link with updates to your monetization policy alongside option for applying to essentially free version (until you pull the plug, but you gave the option - you have right to revoke it).
Even if I may consider myself to fall under that "free policy" 'scheme' I will not be asking access or engaging with Discord community as I see no reason to.

My stance would be to wait until your product is provided as one-time payment and possibly more feature rich (yeah, toy support is maybe great, but I am not willing to go for those types of expenses when I have economical matters I actually have to attend to).

Joke is - this stance "I'll just wait for "finished" product" if put en-masse should hurt you more down the line, but that's my approach. Especially since I am not willing to use the app more than once a month (it really doesn't entice me that much).

Regarding piracy (yup, more stuff for the bucket (or cesspit)):
As one suggested - If I was making similar type of product and managed to stay nice enough for long enough (while sustaining my own life somehow) and got to the point where I make 25k a month from my product/creativity alone? I would definitely be looking into options of combating piracy in the most "hostile" form, definitely including spending money for such a service. It just depends how much money would I spend to combat pirates - in my opinion and with 25k example? - 10% (2,5k) would be pretty reasonable since it will lead to boost my "sales" and potential income.

Reactions: golewy

SuccuDev

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
My stance would be to wait until your product is provided as one-time payment and possibly more feature rich (yeah, toy support is maybe great, but I am not willing to go for those types of expenses when I have economical matters I actually have to attend to).
This is absolutely fair and many take this exact stance. The game was designed to be more actively used than what you would get out of it, so just like many others with a lesser interest, it's completely normal to not be interested in how it's currently monetized. Simply not the target audience being considered for now.

Just for clarity because a lot seem hyperfocused on this, that figure is actually 0.64% of my september income. (now fully expect a bunch of REEEing about how I earn a lot and I'm still spending time on this. fuck off, my earnings have always been public)

Hopefully that clarifies how this new approach is inevitably worth it, and perhaps some other devs will see this and make the realization that it's not as big of a thing as they've been led to think.

People are projecting the realities of mainstream AAA piracy onto this for some reason because they're really proud to be part of something. All piracy communities end up with a cringe as fuck community of people who identify with it, for some reason.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
I've actually had my comments deleted in the past for giving people shit, they just do it silently.
That's also not uncommon, from what i've seen administrators just don't like off topic, insults and fights. They don't ban, they just erase it, and people even get notified. No idea about your specific situation, but going all out here seems to just be discouraged - it's not punished too harshly. Which i also liked a lot, we could talk smack, but within reason. Or was it them that deleted ALL your messages?

Reactions: golewy

SuccuDev

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
That's also not uncommon, from what i've seen administrators just don't like off topic, insults and fights. They don't ban, they just erase it, and people even get notified. No idea about your specific situation, but going all out here seems to just be discouraged - it's not punished too harshly. Which i also liked a lot, we could talk smack, but within reason. Or was it them that deleted ALL your messages?
It was not (as said above, I had different plans at a certain point), and this is a fair enough assessment I'd say.
To be clear, it's still an absolutely dogshit environment for most on my side, because of typical dogpiling reasons. I can see why most try to be polite.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
come on guys we're lucky succudev has tolerated piracy this long and even took suggestions from here... I think its a great game (discovered it on here and following for a long time) and I'm hoping to be able to buy it when it's actually on sale. developing this game isn't an easy task especially when you have coomers having a giga meltdown on a public forum. show some respect man... after all how many times did you cum to his game lol.
It's a bit different.

I respect the game, but I do not respect the developer.
And I will never when I simply comment his lack of decency towards a person simply asking a question.
Even I got flamed just because ig.
When I support people, I usually support the developer not the game/games themselves.

This is clearly a developer that does not take criticism or anything at all that goes against his vision/what he has already done.
Innocent people asking questions get instantly flamed as if it was a league of legends ranked lobby.

But then again he can do whatever he wants and assess his community however he wants.
Despite that, thanks for making a great game.

The dev does not care about my opinion or anyone's as far as I can see but there's always room for him to work on himself.

Best of luck.

LagJIy4

Nov 16, 2020
Just for clarity because a lot seem hyperfocused on this, that figure is actually 0.64% of my september income. (now fully expect a bunch of REEEing about how I earn a lot and I'm still spending time on this. fuck off, my earnings have always been public)
Even more of a reason since it's not your TIME being spent, but only your money. I was planning on saying around 5% (for 25k income target) but even 10% in the long run will outpace expenses. It's just an economic numbers game at this point. Even with pirates, both kind.

SuccuDev

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
It's a bit different.

I respect the game, but I do not respect the developer.
And I will never when I simply comment his lack of decency towards a person simply asking a question.
Even I got flamed just because ig.
When I support people, I usually support the developer not the game/games themselves.

This is clearly a developer that does not take criticism or anything at all that goes against his vision/what he has already done.
Innocent people asking questions get instantly flamed as if it was a league of legends ranked lobby.

But then again he can do whatever he wants and assess his community however he wants.
Despite that, thanks for making a great game.

The dev does not care about my opinion or anyone's as far as I can see but there's always room for him to work on himself.

Best of luck.
You were "flamed" for trying to push your own standards for behavior upon someone you can't relate to or empathize with. Someone links an unrelated reddit thread solely to stir shit, and you pretend you can give feedback on how one should respond to people's comments and what's the best thing to do.

I'd love to see your naïve ass have to read the shit I read on a daily basis.

For every person like you who thinks this way, I've earned the respect of 5 who value the honesty afforded by the support I've had. Those I care to earn the respect of generally end up respecting my approaches.

Hint: the vast majority of the people you "respect" are talking shit about people like you or ripping their hair out behind closed doors. They just don't want to bother with these discussions, or they're scared of the consequences of engaging.

Fuck people like you who try to police others without understanding anything at all. Worse than anyone that actively antagonizes.

• Angry
Reactions: Ianuda

Z0ink

Jan 4, 2019
This is absolutely fair and many take this exact stance. The game was designed to be more actively used than what you would get out of it, so just like many others with a lesser interest, it's completely normal to not be interested in how it's currently monetized. Simply not the target audience being considered for now.
I think it's fine to go with the route you did, it's your work after all. I did buy the latest release and gave a tip alongside it, though sadly only the pc version works. The android one appears to just be a black screen. Any resources for troubleshooting this?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ianuda

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
The funniest thing is that it might have been me who started it by DMing SuccuDev about
Password: IQU272
Although I do expect people to know things before I learn of them, so I wouldn't necessarily take the credit.

Still, I honestly have no idea about this whole sperg-out/drama. And SuccuDev does seem to revel in it quite passionately, so there's probably some psychological things at work of whose nature I may only guess. Fighting piracy is all understandable, moaning about "devs getting shit" is just weird and irrelevant. Again, nobody is making you engage with this forum, but you are doing it anyway. You have your own dictatorship over on Discord, slither away there.

Reactions: LagJIy4

SuccuDev

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2020
The funniest thing is that it might have been me who started it by DMing SuccuDev about

Although I do expect people to know things before I learn of them, so I wouldn't necessarily take the credit.

Still, I honestly have no idea about this whole sperg-out/drama. And SuccuDev does seem to revel in it quite passionately, so there's probably some psychological things at work of whose nature I may only guess. Fighting piracy is all understandable, moaning about "devs getting shit" is just weird and irrelevant. Again, nobody is making you engage with this forum, but you are doing it anyway. You have your own dictatorship over on Discord, slither away there.
If only I'd been so smart as to truly be a dictator in my discord.
I would've banned you over a year ago when you first leaked the game here instead of being understanding, and now you would've fucked off and been someone else's pain in the ass. The smart thing to do, and I wish I'd learn my lesson.

Genuinely don't understand how you can engage with my stuff fully knowing this "sperg"s hand has had something to do with every little corner of it.

Goes for most people who come here and pirate it, frankly, how the fuck are you masturbating to someone's content fully knowing their stance on you? No kink-shaming but are you fuckers such self deprecating subs you're ok with that? Even I'm impressed.

Still, I honestly have no idea about this whole sperg-out/drama. And SuccuDev does seem to revel in it quite passionately, so there's probably some psychological things at work of whose nature I may only guess. Fighting piracy is all understandable, moaning about "devs getting shit" is just weird and irrelevant.

Imagine being anything but apathetic to things.
Truly wonder why you end up having to constantly be a self-deprecating incel everywhere you seem to go.

You're, quite frankly, the primary reason I'm "passionately" ranting about people being shit here.
I hope you're proud of the little attention this gives you for the little time you'll have it.

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes