• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Abandoned Vis Major: Awakening [2018-11-19] [Doki Ninja]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hey there!
Hope you had the time to try the latest / release and found it fun!

I, meanwhile, was traveling a bit for the holiday. And while I did that, it was a perfect chance for a non-stop rendering marathon to improve those lower quality renders from Halloween patch!
And lo and behold, nothing crashed while I was away and most of them are now back to their usual quality!
Besides one animation that is still rendering...

So, after having rested for a bit, I have two things on my radar now:
  • Halloween event - second part
  • Cafe mini-game*
*I hope you don't mind that I'm not prioritizing the mini-game, since we got a shiny new event that is much more fun instead, right?

I won't post a separate graphics update patch. Instead, I'll include it in the next update that'll contain second part of the event.

And that's all I have to say for now!

Thank you for your continuous support, love you all and have an awesome week!

Cheers!

Wong89

Dec 22, 2017
I must be an idiot. I can't even find out how to start New Game+. Finished all events in the story up till now...

aaronleach

Sep 15, 2017
I must be an idiot. I can't even find out how to start New Game+. Finished all events in the story up till now...
To start New game + talk to the angle thing in your bedroom and make a New Game + save then load it and play it then out side your house is a angle thing talk to it.

oulala93

Aug 30, 2017
Is it me or we start the game from the beginning for nothing? I played the game 2 times but still nothing new

Wong89

Dec 22, 2017
To start New game + talk to the angle thing in your bedroom and make a New Game + save then load it and play it then out side your house is a angle thing talk to it.
can't even find the angel in my bedroom. Man I'm an idiot somewhere.

Wong89

Dec 22, 2017
ah, then I haven't finished all quests yet. Thanks!

Now to find where I'm still not done...

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
yo i haven't played the game but just wanna ask that ...

if we start the newgame+, do we have to REPLAY the entire game AGAIN to gain access to special events of Newgame+ ?

or can we continue our progress from where we left off in the normal game ?

aaronleach

Sep 15, 2017
yo i haven't played the game but just wanna ask that ...

if we start the newgame+, do we have to REPLAY the entire game AGAIN to gain access to special events of Newgame+ ?

or can we continue our progress from where we left off in the normal game ?
No you just have to play till you can go out of the house and a angle thing will be standing right out side the door. I think I clicked skip at the beginning where you chose where to put points in to minx, innocent or neutral and right after that you can go outside.

Reactions: fromqb and yaxir

yaxir

Nov 3, 2017
No you just have to play till you can go out of the house and a angle thing will be standing right out side the door. I think I clicked skip at the beginning where you chose where to put points in to minx, innocent or neutral and right after that you can go outside.
thanks mate !

dimrodet

Feb 16, 2018
i keep getting a "error failed to load: data/Actors.json" message every time i try to start the game, any idea on how to fix it?

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Dev update #56
Hey there!

Here's what's new this week:

• Had a play-through and fixed some bugs, mostly at the Studio
  • Cafe mini-game is now independent from story events and is re-playable
  • Added new interactions with Ajax/Megan, i.e. post-George content*
  • Advanced Skip Intro functionality
*Ajax and Megan will have bigger events as well after each Boss is dealt with. "Side-character vote" will determine when this will happen.

As you can see, this will mostly be a quality of life update!
Some images are still rendering, and I don't want to pre-release lower quality images again like couple of times previously. This will save you the trouble of having to download the same thing twice AND save me rendering time.
Plus, I want to add a bit more to the mini-game and I'm not finished with the new Skip thingy - more about it below!

Currently, when you start a new game, you get an option to either Play the Intro, or Skip it!
Well... Next version will allow you to skip pretty much everything! Here are the differences:

• You can save your game right before choosing to Play the Intro or Skip it
  • Skip now has a visual element to it! It shows you an image or two of the event that you are skipping to remind you about it
  • Choose a Character and you'll see a list of events with him. Take any path you want without having to replay everything
  • There's no longer any need to keep a bunch of save files
  • It also saves me from the headache of having to keep old saves compatible with new ones

Guess that's it for now. I plan to release everything next Sunday. One day later I'll post a new Content Poll.

Stay healthy and have a good week!

Cheers!

P.S. Second part of Halloween event is on hold for now.

moogooguypan

Aug 7, 2017
Can I try and play "innocent" all the way through and still be successful, even while obviously being used and abused? Or is it better to keep a sort of "balance" between Minx and Innocent? I ask because I already have a Sheva scene I missed because my minx level was too low. Then with the first photographer scene I worried if I playing innocent with a mind manipulator might have extra bad effects, but after playing as a Minx, I can tell you I don't enjoy my character being a playful tease. Just wondering the overall mindset of the developer?

So, to summarize my basic questions:

1. Does playing fully committed to one way (minx or innocent) mean you lose access to many scenes because you aren't "balanced", or is it just that each path limits a few options while opening up others?

2. Does the developer seem OK with the idea an "innocent" can still "win" in the end, of is that a path to failing (which some players like - a version of perfect corruption -- I prefer corruption and still a path to success!)

Reactions: fromqb
2.50 star(s) 2 Votes