RPGM Abandoned Vis Major: Awakening [2018-11-19] [Doki Ninja]

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Dez

May 10, 2017
Perhaps the dev cares more about the people paying/donating than people that are getting it for free?

What his patrons want is far more important than what people on this forum want (outside of the ones that are also patrons). If most of his patrons voted to have him do it, then he's only doing what the people paying him want him to do.
So you're telling me that people who pays money and waiting for new content suddenly didn't want NEW content and its better to REMAKE old story ? that must be some high leveled logic i cant even understand

Reactions: Danny69

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
game was fun. would like a walk-through so I knew what stat to raise to get what scene later on.

Reactions: Doki Ninja

kingscard

Mar 31, 2017
So you're telling me that people who pays money and waiting for new content suddenly didn't want NEW content and its better to REMAKE old story ? that must be some high leveled logic i cant even understand
Well, when you reached the point of not being able to continue developing a project because you had no idea it would grow this big at some point and made it messy, you should consider to make a better base material to get a better final product, don't you ?

We have to remember these games aren't made by professionnals but amateurs. So we can't ask them to give us perfects products.

But I understand you, the majority of the content isn't new and it can be frustrating after all this time. Patience is a virtue :).

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Let me give you an example:
You decide to create a book trilogy and kickstart the whole thing.
You just wrote and released your first book. You didn't start the second one or the third one yet!
You read the reviews and you read the book yourself as well.
You see that you did not do justice to some characters, other people notice that as well!
If you continue writing books 2 and 3 now - people will not care about half the content of those books.
So you ask yourself, and those who read the book:
Hey guys and gals, I think I made some mistakes here, I would like to re-write the first book. If I do - I think you will get into the story more. It will help you better remember and feel for the characters going forward, making the entire journey better. What do you think?

And thus, a reasonable answer of - "Sure", came into life.

xenos87

May 2, 2017
Different game, saves from previous game will not work.
I will just say that it looks great so far, even though the highly reduced amount of content compared to the original is a bit of a let down. But I guess you will catch up quickly, since you can reuse a lot of the old renders.

One thing, though. The new character "busts" (I don't know if that is the right word, given that they are now whole bodies) have some small glitches here and there, mainly due to how you switch facial expressions. I noticed it instantly with George. The problem is, I think, mainly due to the size of the facial expressions, because they do not include the entire head and part of the upper torso. Certain expressions will then be clipped in a jarring manner, like in the gif of George, that I have attached below:

!Busts_George_1_0.gif

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
You know what? If you can't understand our point of view, fine... I no longer care...

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Nope. He doesn't telling that. You are simply ignoring what he said so you can continue with your line of reasoning. My suggestion is to actually listen what he just said. I'm quite sure you'd like to be heard when you are saying something aren't you. So what he said, and you just have to read it yourself to see, is that if Doki made a poll or sent out an open letter to his or her patreons what they'd like.. and they opted to go with the remake than Doki is following his or her Patreon's decisions (and in this case, everything you said is just bogus if i might ad).

Those of us who have no way of seeing what kinda discussion went on about this decision before it was made among Doki and his or her patreons, through discord or open letter, or perhaps polls, would do better not to jump to conclusions like there was none. If you know better, for a fact and you have a way to prove it, feel free to give us some insight.

You seem to take it for granted that he or she just didn't give fuck. Croaker then replied that how you know that there were no discussion between Doki and his or her patreons and that they gave no consent, or at least half+1 of them? Because if they did, than Doki is doing exactly the opposite you suggest he or she is doing. And to this you replied that he is trying to tell you what Doki's patreons liked or not. No. You just putting those words into his mouth. But he never said anything like that. Its just you who are building up a reasoning on an imaginary conversation that exists only in your head because in reality, you simply ignored what he was saying and wrote something you came up with entirelly and presented as if it was his words... Its not high level of logic... its just you blaming someone without actual proof and probably will continue to do so being unable to acknowledge that you were wrong the first place. But i might be wrong in this latter.

Reactions: fauxplayer

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
One thing, though. The new character "busts" (I don't know if that is the right word, given that they are now whole bodies) have some small glitches here and there, mainly due to how you switch facial expressions.
This was done to save space, I will check other characters later as well. Here is a fix for George:

Reactions: xenos87

Dez

May 10, 2017
You know what? If you can't understand our point of view, fine... I no longer care...
OH, you dont say, i must understand YOUR point of view ? on god damn pirated games website we need new content/games, not some patron bullshit remake/bugfix ect ect, if its too hard for you and someone like you to understand - i really dont care (Btw, do you really think that majority of patrons just ordered remake of unfinished game ? are you that kind of...enlightened ?)

Dez

May 10, 2017
Let me give you an example:
You decide to create a book trilogy and kickstart the whole thing.
You just wrote and released your first book. You didn't start the second one or the third one yet!
You read the reviews and you read the book yourself as well.
You see that you did not do justice to some characters, other people notice that as well!
If you continue writing books 2 and 3 now - people will not care about half the content of those books.
So you ask yourself, and those who read the book:
Hey guys and gals, I think I made some mistakes here, I would like to re-write the first book. If I do - I think you will get into the story more. It will help you better remember and feel for the characters going forward, making the entire journey better. What do you think?

And thus, a reasonable answer of - "Sure", came into life.
holup, you decide to wrote a book, but you start remaking your book after 3rd chapter, than you release side-story of your book, that reboot of original story, than you release "rogue one" (that was OK but not great) and finaly you get

Yea...

Doki Ninja

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
This is not a reasonable discussion, you make random predictions, assume things based on nothing substantial and attempt to speak for others, when you should only speak for yourself.

If it helps you feel better, fine, think of it as milking Patrons. Your concern was heard.

berny

Jun 8, 2017
I actually didn't know this was a remake when I downloaded the game and was about to search here on the forum why I couldn't do anything when I read the comments here.
It's the dev's choice to do a remake and apparently his patrons support him. So I guess everything is fine.
As a customer speaking: It was kind of disappointing to look forward to new content after skipping several updates, only to realize that there is actually less content now (you could say this is my fault since I didn't follow the game). It has been a while since I played the original game, so my memory might trick me, but I don't think the quality of the game is so much better now, that I'd say this update was necessary.
Anyway, just my 2 cents. Right now the game isn't really worth playing if you played the old game imo. It feels more like playing the old abandoned version of a game after playing the current version instead of the other way around.

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
Someone poke me when this is at the same level as the original one.

Cause as others here... BOY was I disappointed downloading this expecting an update to the old game after having given it some time to get some more content, only to find a repeat, original story changed and being able to sleepwalk through almost non existing content.

As for myself, idc about "4K CONTENT GUYS!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!"
If it'll give the remake more content faster, by all means, stick to 720 or 1080p renderings to feed the hungering masses, and then do a 4k version as the FINAL product release, call it the "deluxe version"

If the story is good enough, and it's something I can't finish playing in less than 15 minutes then I can even live with 8-bit renderings, just give me content :)

Andy

Aug 7, 2016
hmm am i dumb or is there actually no chance to obtain the barista outfit?
You can't obtain any outfits. Unless you count obtaining literally all outfits after you finish current content.
As for myself, idc about "4K CONTENT GUYS!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!"
If it'll give the remake more content faster, by all means, stick to 720 or 1080p renderings to feed the hungering masses, and then do a 4k version as the FINAL product release, call it the "deluxe version"
What are you even talking about? There's no 4k version and likely never will be, rpg maker is not suited for that.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
game was a reboot so yeah it was the original warmed over. still it was fun, just wish it was longer.
my problem was the mother saying her house was taken by criminals. Is this the Dark Ages? If criminals rush your house the authorities show up and remove them. Being framed for misappropriation of corporate finances would be more plausible.

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
Find this iteration to be interesting, but the creator needs an editor, or just needs to make the dialogue less formal and rigid.

Reactions: RustyV

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
OH, you dont say, i must understand YOUR point of view ? on god damn pirated games website we need new content/games, not some patron bullshit remake/bugfix ect ect, if its too hard for you and someone like you to understand - i really dont care (Btw, do you really think that majority of patrons just ordered remake of unfinished game ? are you that kind of...enlightened ?)
It's important to keep in mind that most Patrons are not paying for a product. They are pledging to support a creator and developer in his efforts to make an enjoyable product. Enlightening, I know... Look, no one is trying to tell you that you are "wrong" here. It's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm just sharing my opinion for you consideration.

I was one of @Doki Ninja 's early Patrons because I really liked the first couple of releases. But the story was getting rather mashed up, there were bugs with each new release, and at least for me I had to "cheat" by editing saves to fully enjoy the scenes without replaying a long game from the beginning over and over. I was actually about to cancel my pledge when he announced he was looking at his game with a critical eye and felt it needed a major overhaul. This actually convinced me to continue pledging rather than cancel, because it was refreshing to see a dev take pride in his work, acknowledge his mistakes, and put time and effort to improve the quality of the game after realizing its flaws.

I understand why some would find that milking. I don't, however. If he wanted to milk his patrons, he could have simply continued releasing new content for a seriously flawed game he didn't even like just to keep the "new content" coming; I imagine the results would have been pretty bad. Instead, he told all his Patrons that he wanted to remake the game, and a majority of his Patrons supported that decision.

You don't have to agree with me or anyone else that is pleased that Doki remade a flawed game and improved it. I am sure some of his Patrons canceled their pledges as a result, but many stayed and he has more Patrons now than before. Of course it's disappointing that currently there is less content than the previous game, but it's a better game, and now that he has the mechanics in place I trust he'll continue with regular updates and new content. The new content will come, and it will be implemented in a far superior game. That's a good thing :).

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes