Mod Ren'Py Vis [v2.0.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Akifai

May 8, 2017
Sancho1969

It was my mistake, the files that I had for vis had an old version of someone else's obsolete cheat mod installed, that's why there was a cheat button on the bottom right corner of the game screen. I thought that this cheat was also a feature that you had implemented.

I downloaded a new fresh current version of vis, and after installing your mod, the cheat button is gone. Everything works fine. Like I said, it was my mistake.

Apologies for the late reply, I was busy with work, and didn't get a chance to check this thread.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969

It was my mistake, the files that I had for vis had an old version of someone else's obsolete cheat mod installed, that's why there was a cheat button on the bottom right corner of the game screen. I thought that this cheat was also a feature that you had implemented.

I downloaded a new fresh current version of vis, and after installing your mod, the cheat button is gone. Everything works fine. Like I said, it was my mistake.

Apologies for the late reply, I was busy with work, and didn't get a chance to check this thread.
Hey, it's no problem, no apology required at all. I'm just glad you were able to get it sorted. Once we all figure out where the dev is likely headed in future installments I'll be able to implement new/revised/improved features without wasting many hours "guessing" and creating code that wouldn't actually make any sense. Stay well and kindest regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 New version out v1.5, let us know when we can expect an update. Thanks.
Good evening.

Dev threw a curve ball. W/ and w/o sandbox DLs on VN's OP. I don't have any intention of modding two different versions of this title so I need to download both and figure out why the dev chose to split it. I can only assume before actually seeing it that the sandbox mode is either redundant as it was in the previous version or the dev is trying to satisfy two groups of folks which is almost always a losing battle. We'll see. I'll post updates once I figure out what is what later after downloading them. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Decided to work the mod for the VN version. Sandbox is still a WIP by the dev so there's really nothing much there yet. See my posts in the VN's OP regarding stat changes made in the code. I'm advising you to continue your playthroughs no later than the end of v1.2 (beginning of v1.3) as that's when changes start. v1.4 of the script is almost a complete re-write so you'll be setup for it anyway. If it's a PITA then just start fresh. I'll get back to it and will keep y'all posted on progress. So far I've ported the mod over to the end of v1.4 and need to verify no bugs, then start v1.5 which shouldn't take too long. I probably won't port this over to the new SanchoMod core as that will take a couple days. I'll try to get y'all something for now and take a look at porting my real advanced mod to this title once "sandbox" is ever figured out. We'll see how it goes, I'm subject to change my mind as always :p

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning folks. I'm up after a few hours rest and grabbing a fresh pot of coffee. I ended up having unexpected company over later last night so I got busy with real life things for a bit. I'm back at it this morning. I'm verifying the port of the basic mod now and making minor tweaks. I really want to add some features so if I can work efficiently today I'll toss a few in from the newer SanchoMod Core that some of y'all may have seen recently. Otherwise this VN will be a basic mod for now until the dev fleshes it out more. Reckon y'all could use a file description feature and maybe a custom gallery too if I find the time today. OK, I'm back to it. Have a great morning and I'll keep y'all posted. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The same as before - like vn!!
That's indeed the plan. I've completed the ChoiceGuide and played through all routes (it's bug free). Now I am adding a few features from the newer SanchoMod. It would take me too long to port the whole new core version of the mod over to this VN but I'll give you folks some new features to enhance your experience with the title just a little more though. Regards.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI, I'm removing the SanchoStat button off the QuickMenu and placing it in bottom-right corner as shown. The QM is off by dev's default and interferes with the dialogue box anyway. I'll refine it later. As previously stated I am not currently porting this title over to the newest SanchoMod Core (as seen in my latest releases) due to time constraints and other projects that must be finished first. I will port this over fully in time though.

Currently working on adding a few new features here and there to satisfy folks. Regards and I'll keep you posted as always.

1636829407649.png

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Latest progress update can be found here. Regards and hang in there. We're in the final stretch.

RabidSloth

Dec 4, 2018
Just to voice a minority opinion: I actually do enjoy the sandbox format in games if it's done well. I hope the mod gets supported for it as well, since that's the version "intended" by the dev apparently. But would understand if it wasn't due to extra work and unpopular demand.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just to voice a minority opinion: I actually do enjoy the sandbox format in games if it's done well. I hope the mod gets supported for it as well, since that's the version "intended" by the dev apparently. But would understand if it wasn't due to extra work and unpopular demand.
I will support it once it's out of Alpha. There's nothing for me to mod in the Sandbox in it's current form tbh. We'll get there in due time I'm sure. I got your back, no worries.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I'll find out more when I get to my nightly gaming in a few hours, but first look, looks great, thank you so very much for doing this!!!

TurtleTacts

Apr 21, 2020
Looks great, just want to be sure if the IPatch is working as intended because I get scenes like this even though it's on

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
am i doing something wrong i put the mod in the script folder and its not showing the mod options and whatnot does the sanchomod rpa and key need to be in the game folder or the script folder?