Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Really glad to hear there will be 2 versions.
To be honest, I will probably stay with the non sandbox version.
Reason being I am more interested in the story and I also want the sandbox to be more fleshed out and developed before jumping into it.
Currently playing another game with sandbox; castle management, army, trade, brothel/spies etc. But since it too is under development, the mechanics of it have changed as the game developed. What was crucial becomes a moot point and vice versa. So better off to just wait.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Actually, what is the problem of sandbox if there is a perfect quest log ???
A lot of people don't like the grindy elements of sandbox. Repetitive stuff that you need to do to unlock something. For many, myself included, feels like working in a game. Obviously, some are fun, but I found most of them eventually boring and unnecessary. If there is no grind, it is simply easier to give the agent choices to pick where he wants to go.

But at the same time, there is a problem that most interesting and complex stories, like this one, need an order. That is the main reason why sandbox end up being a bad signal, not by construction but by correlation. Most complex, interesting stories need to follow an order, so the sandbox is just annoying. It works in games in which each route is simply a collection of simple routes with little interaction, but most of the time that implies that story is less involved.

So far this game has focused on story, so it is understandable that even with a perfect quest long, people will dislike the sandbox, either by the potential implications on the story (which I doubt is the case here) or the grindy elements.

Munardy

Mar 15, 2018
Plunder successfull! Bah.. For something on 4 week cd. it would be nice with a less underwhelming result. Do you gain anything from doing it?

sickdude

Sep 15, 2020
I am not a big fan of sandbox modes either but I think the overall kingdom sandbox turned out good! of course it needs alot polishment and we have to consider that its just the early stage of the kingdom management.. I agree that the amount of money you have to grind for the different enactments and buildings is way too high or the options to get money way too low :D

What I am looking for are more decisions in feature updates again even tho I loved the siege battle, I would prefer to have some saying. or the scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Does anyone else have their Leader stat reset every time you chose an option to raise it? Like having Leader = 2, then choosing an option to raise Leader +1, and now Leader = 1, and not 3. This also happens once with Seducer too, while talking to Morrigan. You can have Seducer = 1, and get a choice that increses Seducer +2, but if you choose that option, you get Seducer = 2, and not 3 like it should.

Last edited:

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
Does anyone know if king ever gets sacrificed? I watching the story and I thinking to myself does he get stabbed and sacrificed at any point?

3.80 star(s) 87 Votes