Aug 2, 2020
I
I don't know yet if cheating will do any good but here is what I have found so far.

It maybe best not to use cheats because it could break your saves.

Some of the cheats work and some get reset to what the game gives you so use as you see fit.

xx= number you want.

Mother
mot_love = xx
mot_lust = xx
mot_corruption = xx

Twin sister.
mor_love = xx
mor_lust = xx
mor_corruption = xx

Younger Sister.
lil_love = xx
lil_lust = xx
lil_corruption = xx

MC

leader_stat = xx
seducer_stat = xx
warrior_stat = xx
lover_stat = xx

There is also these 2 but there set to zero at this time and I have not found a use for them yet, I am still in the beginning of the VN.

coins = xx
royalgem = xx

I will add to these if it is needed.

Hey Bro,
Are there any cheats now for coins, after the latest release, it seems possible to progress a bit in the game....

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I

Hey Bro,
Are there any cheats now for coins, after the latest release, it seems possible to progress a bit in the game....
I have not played in a long time but coins are listed at the bottom of the list.
Don't know if it works or not though.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Also it says something like "Renp'y Script Enabled"
Some cheats work and some are reset to 0 on there own so I have no idea what is going on and I will wait till the game/VN is complete before I play again.

Aug 2, 2020
I don't know yet if cheating will do any good but here is what I have found so far.

It maybe best not to use cheats because it could break your saves.

Some of the cheats work and some get reset to what the game gives you so use as you see fit.

xx= number you want.

Mother
mot_love = xx
mot_lust = xx
mot_corruption = xx

Twin sister.
mor_love = xx
mor_lust = xx
mor_corruption = xx

Younger Sister.
lil_love = xx
lil_lust = xx
lil_corruption = xx

MC

leader_stat = xx
seducer_stat = xx
warrior_stat = xx
lover_stat = xx

There is also these 2 but there set to zero at this time and I have not found a use for them yet, I am still in the beginning of the VN.

coins = xx
royalgem = xx

I will add to these if it is needed.
Some cheats work and some are reset to 0 on there own so I have no idea what is going on and I will wait till the game/VN is complete before I play again.
That's Cool..... I understand it might be a hassle to change it again and again for every new version of the game..... Thanks, Take care bro....

ElTioPaco

Apr 8, 2018
Well, I have already played it, the story as always, with a high level, is what we expect from this game, and it is what Mad King offers us as always.

The sandbox, well, I think it has a huge concept flaw, which is that it forces you to watch time go by, every time you enter a menu, to upgrade or change taxes, time stops, so if you want to spend 4 months , you're going to have to look at the screen without doing anything ..... 4 months, with all the events and interruptions that come, but 4 months yes or yes.

That's fine when you play X-Com, because there are events almost all the time, but here with no events, it's ... well, it's to keep it minimized and watch something on Netflix.

I understand that it is an alpha, that there is only the engine and the events and that little by little it will improve, I will keep trying to find the fun in the next updates, for now, I will reach 5k population, I will save all the money, and I will see what happens in the future.

On the other hand, I see well what Mad King has said about a update with Sandbox and another only VN, but ... would that mean that what happens in the sandbox will not have an effect on the story?

That is to say, if it is going to matter to have a great army or not, because whatever history does, is it going to follow the same path? the VN path without sandbox?

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Mad King
remember when i reccomended a turn by turn sandbox, i think i better understand why. it's a renpy issue, i think it overworks the engine it uses. along with the auto save feature causing other bugs.

but anyways, i recently found and played this game... which is pretty much a turn by turn version of what you're trying to enact. (without the kick ass story and damn good graphics you have)
https://f95zone.to/threads/kingmaker-v0-10-1-kingmaker.40888/

that said i worry about your split focus on both a sandbox version and VN version... i really wish you chose VN only instead. but hey, good luck with the endeavor and see ya around every few updates. :)

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Well, I have already played it, the story as always, with a high level, is what we expect from this game, and it is what Mad King offers us as always.

The sandbox, well, I think it has a huge concept flaw, which is that it forces you to watch time go by, every time you enter a menu, to upgrade or change taxes, time stops, so if you want to spend 4 months , you're going to have to look at the screen without doing anything ..... 4 months, with all the events and interruptions that come, but 4 months yes or yes.

That's fine when you play X-Com, because there are events almost all the time, but here with no events, it's ... well, it's to keep it minimized and watch something on Netflix.

I understand that it is an alpha, that there is only the engine and the events and that little by little it will improve, I will keep trying to find the fun in the next updates, for now, I will reach 5k population, I will save all the money, and I will see what happens in the future.

On the other hand, I see well what Mad King has said about a update with Sandbox and another only VN, but ... would that mean that what happens in the sandbox will not have an effect on the story?

That is to say, if it is going to matter to have a great army or not, because whatever history does, is it going to follow the same path? the VN path without sandbox?
Hey mate,

Thank you for playing the game and for the feedback. Related to the sandbox and the things to do in it, as you mentioned, it is in alpha, and with each update, I will add animation/side activities to do. Related to the events from sandbox influencing the story, well actually it will be the other way around. The story will trigger milestones in the sandbox as it will progress. There will be indeed a condition for players to succeed at some milestones in the story, as for example, when a battle will be triggered, but the VN mode will count as if you already have the resources to successfully complete that battle. That applies for battles or for conditions that normally in the VN you couldn't fulfill.

Reactions: lTTMl and ElTioPaco

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Mad King
remember when i reccomended a turn by turn sandbox, i think i better understand why. it's a renpy issue, i think it overworks the engine it uses. along with the auto save feature causing other bugs.

but anyways, i recently found and played this game... which is pretty much a turn by turn version of what you're trying to enact. (without the kick ass story and damn good graphics you have)
https://f95zone.to/threads/kingmaker-v0-10-1-kingmaker.40888/

that said i worry about your split focus on both a sandbox version and VN version... i really wish you chose VN only instead. but hey, good luck with the endeavor and see ya around every few updates. :)

Thank you for the recommendation. Related to the game, I am trying somehow to keep a bridge between the two categories of players, the ones that love VN and the ones that love a sandbox game (me including) so that both groups can enjoy a decent story, beautiful women and Gunther.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

McCummings

Feb 4, 2019
Whats the diff between "Vis-1.4-pc" and the "Vis_Rise_of_the_Legend"? does the former have story+sandbox and the latter only has story?

Buddawg

Aug 12, 2017
The sandbox prices and incomes must have been set wrong.
pay 200k and 1000 citizens (loosing up to 5k income in tax per week) earn, 500 coins a week.

Why on earth would I ever do that? Its a loss that will continue the entire game. You will always be 4,500 coins less per week from the moment of purchase.

It will take 400 weeks to get the initial payment back, and you will in the same time have lost 1,800,000 coins in lost tax revenues. All the while the purchased item will get ever more expensive the longer you play.

The prize in citizens is so over the top you should probably shoot yourself, let the game play itself for a full day, and then buy everything at once. Because any and all purchases will not help the game lenght/grind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azsouth and Moisan4

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
The sandbox prices and incomes must have been set wrong.
pay 200k and 1000 citizens (loosing up to 5k income in tax per week) earn, 500 coins a week.

Why on earth would I ever do that? Its a loss that will continue the entire game. You will always be 4,500 coins less per week from the moment of purchase.

It will take 400 weeks to get the initial payment back, and you will in the same time have lost 1,800,000 coins in lost tax revenues. All the while the purchased item will get ever more expensive the longer you play.

The prize in citizens is so over the top you should probably shoot yourself, let the game play itself for a full day, and then buy everything at once. Because any and all purchases will not help the game length/grind.
So true. I did the math on the upgrades too. I made a save file, and then I deleted the game. It made absolutely no sense trying to play the game with such game balance. Really hope this gets fixed in the future, because right now the sandbox math for costs/benefits is ridiculous.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey Mad King, I don't mean to be rude, but I asked a question a few pages back. It's not in me to be insistent, but I thought it was an important point. I read some of your responses to others and it doesn't seem clear yet how the VN and Sandbox versions are gonna differ in terms of Content. I'll link you to my question:
https://f95zone.to/threads/vis-v1-4-ch-1-mad-king-games.22179/page-68#post-6167240

Thank you and I wish you nothing but success. Sandbox might be the scariest word on this site when it comes to VN's, I may not like it, but I part with a good luck in your direction :)

3.80 star(s) 87 Votes