ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
There will be a sandbox mode AND an only VN mode in future updates!!

I think Mad King wants to give the player the oppertunity to form his own kingdom with the sandbox/management mode, sth that is more flexible than in an only VN. I dont like sandbox either but all the ppl here complaining about an first stage implemented sandbox, maybe it will be great when its finished and polished ?? Maybe we should wait and see how it turns out?? This game is in development, some people maybe forget that! The developer does deserve a little bit more trust in my opinion, so far every update he brought out was great!
Your not wrong about trust in the dev. Yet 99% suck hard and a lot of devs keep trying them, because of course they think they are the ones to make it work.

Plus introducing sandbox this late is a dick move ihmo. Had I known it was comming I wouldn't have bothered with the game. Now again I'm find myself invested in a story that, in all likelihood, will not see a satisfying conclusion.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
@Mad King maybe if it's too early to ask this but how many routes do you envision for the final build of the game? So far it looks like a choice between Morgana and Morrigan as your main LI, and whatever that means in terms of how their influence shapes the PC. More importantly, will both of the routes include a harem or will it only be for Morrigan?
Players will be able to choose from a harem route or to romance only one person.

comacchio

Mar 23, 2019
how to get more the 1000 citizens?
Go to the Edicts page (second button from the right in the scroll at the bottom of the page) click on Societal, scroll down to the bottom (City expansion), pay 10.000 coin and get to level 2. There are new buildins on the island and you can then get 5000 citizens.

comacchio

Mar 23, 2019
bruh theres any way to skip this "sandbox" shit? why they did this to their game, is there even any new scenes to 1.4? beside the useless brothel one, so i know atleast to not bother
the sandbox appears to be a stand alone, the only thing you can do is raise the level of resources in the edicts, increase the number of inhabitants to (the max) 5000 which is advisable and legalise prostitution, which is the first thing to do - that way you earn some start-up money. Eventually you can get some soldiers but that is secondary to earning coin. Other than that there is not a lot to do except swear a lot (which I do) when the sandbox lags or grinds to a halt. I have no idea when the next update is getting released, until then I am putting it on the back-burner, just earning some cash and basically ignoring it.

unfunnyguy

Jun 4, 2020
I have hundreds of games on Steam and yet this game's "sandbox" part is the one with the most grind. And it is terribly implemented, numbers are so fucked up that they don't even make sense. To upgrade the farm completely, you need to spend 240.000 coins and all you get is +600 gold, which means it would take 400 weeks for it to just pay for itself. How does that make sense? For the mine you have to put up 1.8 million coins but at least it takes 200 weeks for it to pay for itself.

ıf you are looking to play for the first time, when you reach to "sandbox" part just build the brothel and city expansion then leave the game open for a week or two, just forget that it is there because building any other economic building barely makes any sense. Developer has to take a good hard look into the numbers for buildings, OR, they have to take that "this game is not about grind" stuff out from the "sandbox" tutorial.

Oh and also, moving the time forward an hour at a tick might make sense if those hours actually had anything to do in them, but, as of now, it just makes the "sandbox" part even more tedious.

Last edited:

comacchio

Mar 23, 2019
I have hundreds of games on Steam and yet this game's "sandbox" part is the one with the most grind. And it is terribly implemented, numbers are so fucked up that they don't even make sense. To upgrade the farm completely, you need to spend 240.000 coins and all you get is +600 gold, which means it would take 400 weeks for it to just pay for itself. How does that make sense? For the mine you have to put up 1.8 million coins but at least it takes 200 weeks for it to pay for itself.

ıf you are looking to play for the first time, when you reach to "sandbox" part just build the brothel and city expansion then leave the game open for a week or two, just forget that it is there because building any other economic building barely makes any sense. Developer has to take a good hard look into the numbers for buildings, OR, they have to take that "this game is not about grind" stuff out from the "sandbox" tutorial.

Oh and also, moving the time forward an hour at a tick might make sense if those hours actually had anything to do in them, but, as of now, it just makes the "sandbox" part even more tedious.
Agreed, just a shame that if you do allow the game to run in the background, it regularly lags then grinds to a halt. Once that is obvious and the player does what is necessary to get it back up and running, any coin that would have been earned in the mean time is lost... I love the game, hate what is happening at the moment.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. you build a brothel ... does MC go and recruit fantastic babes by means of backroom casting?
bruh theres any way to skip this "sandbox" shit? why they did this to their game, is there even any new scenes to 1.4? beside the useless brothel one, so i know atleast to not bother
the sandbox appears to be a stand alone, the only thing you can do is raise the level of resources in the edicts, increase the number of inhabitants to (the max) 5000 which is advisable and legalise prostitution, which is the first thing to do - that way you earn some start-up money. Eventually you can get some soldiers but that is secondary to earning coin. Other than that there is not a lot to do except swear a lot (which I do) when the sandbox lags or grinds to a halt. I have no idea when the next update is getting released, until then I am putting it on the back-burner, just earning some cash and basically ignoring it.

Agreed, just a shame that if you do allow the game to run in the background, it regularly lags then grinds to a halt. Once that is obvious and the player does what is necessary to get it back up and running, any coin that would have been earned in the mean time is lost... I love the game, hate what is happening at the moment.
That is a missed opportunity to actually bring some action to a horrid monotonous lack luster
game mechanic. In a world where anyone else just takes babes to do what they wish to them,
why is MC so much of a stiffler?

sickdude

Sep 15, 2020
ok, maybe i am doing something wrong but it seems like the only thing i can do in the sandbox is either visit the brothel or plunder. am i missing something???
The update just an introduction of the sandbox mode, there is no more content until now

Reactions: c3p0

TrenciJack

Jun 24, 2021
This game has one of the best story-telling quality I have seen so far among adult games. But the quantity of sex scenes is too low.

Also, I have to say that the main character is too powerless. It would be good if we showed a sign of a little power from time to time.

At last, I want to ask something. What is the difference of Rise of the Legend version? I read the first message but I can't say I understand completely. In general, it is a really good game. Congrats.

Reactions: Alex20232077
3.70 star(s) 86 Votes