Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
The plan is that after Highway to hell, I will return to Vis and upgrade it. That means an improved story, graphics, and features to enhance the experience as it should have been.
Lets be honest, that right there is years of work just to get to where it already is in the story.
No one wants "features", they just want a solid story and decent renders.

No one is clamoring for sandboxes, mini-games , quick-time-events or any other crap.

Just doing a decent story/plot and decent renders is already years of work for one person.
Just do those two core things well is all anyone really wants.

May 15, 2022
Lets be honest, that right there is years of work just to get to where it already is in the story.

No one is clamoring for sandboxes, mini-games , quick-time-events or any other crap.

Just doing a decent story/plot and decent renders is already years of work for one person.
It won't happen anyway. No matter how much work there is.

His other game, Vis Origins, was put on hold so he could finish Vis first then return to Origins.

Now this is put on hold so he can focus on Highway to Hell but he'll finish Vis once that one is finished.

Sensing a pattern? He can't complete one. He puts it on hold, starts another, puts it on hold, etc etc...

I give it a year or two before we hear that Highway to Hell has been put on hold until he finishes New Game Name.

Which is a shame. I really enjoyed Vis.

popopopopooop

Oct 18, 2019
Hi all!

Thank you for your messages! First, Vis is not abandoned, at least not for me. F95 moderators have set the tag.
The plan is that after Highway to hell, I will return to Vis and upgrade it. That means an improved story, graphics, and features to enhance the experience as it should have been. I made mistakes, but I plan to fix them, and Highway To Hell is a break for me to deliver something good (at least how I see it) and prepare the Vis upgrade.

To all those who are saying that I will abandon my games, I have two words:

View attachment 3051052

Yours,
MK
Playing through 1.6 now and I don't really see much that needs to be changed. Story and prog seem top notch, perhaps maybe just animations?

Were you thinking character models or some such?

Reactions: Alex20232077

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019

Unpopular opinion but I actually prefer sandboxes over vns. Kind of makes them feel more like a game and give a lot more freedom when it comes to presuing love interests. VNs often force you to sit through scenes involving characters you don't care about just to get to ones you do. The only issue I have with them is that a lot of devs don't know what to do with the sandbox so they just add a bunch of grind in order to prevent you from progressing to fast.

Like minigames are fine, but the player shouldn't be forced to do them in order to progress.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Unpopular opinion but I actually prefer sandboxes over vns.
Yes, it is an unpopular opinion and there are very good reasons for that.

Kind of makes them feel more like a game
No.
A sandbox VN is just a glorified scene selector with a bunch of wasted clicking for zero gain.
You're clicking location icons on a map, most of which have nothing going on at any given point in the story, in stead of just making a decision that leads directly into the next scene like a normal VN does.
It is functionally the same as making a list of currently available scenes and letting the user click on them, except you waste time clicking around locations with nothing going on.

Then it goes worse when some idiot decides that not only should you click location icons but then also only at a specific time of day would a scene be available.

It only feels like a 'game' to people who lack critical thinking skills.

give a lot more freedom when it comes to presuing love interests. VNs often force you to sit through scenes involving characters you don't care about just to get to ones you do.
Wrong, you're confusing VN with KN.

VN is the digital version of a CYOA book with images that paint the scene behind the text.
KN is what you're describing, where you don't have choices, it's just a story with images.

There is nothing that a sandbox achieves that can't better be served by a standard VN choice/decision system.

There is a reason why sandboxes are universally unpopular.
You'll see many requests for a non-sandbox remake but you'll never see people wishing that a Vn was a sandbox, except as a joke.

Even in the best sandbox VNs, like Love of Magic, the sandbox is tolerated, not lauded.
Also even in a VN like that with loads of content and that is now finished, the majority of locations have nothing new going on most of the time.

No VN has ever been improved because it turned into a sandbox, the reverse is almost always true though.

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
Yes, it is an unpopular opinion and there are very good reasons for that.

No.
A sandbox VN is just a glorified scene selector with a bunch of wasted clicking for zero gain.
You're clicking location icons on a map, most of which have nothing going on at any given point in the story, in stead of just making a decision that leads directly into the next scene like a normal VN does.
It is functionally the same as making a list of currently available scenes and letting the user click on them, except you waste time clicking around locations with nothing going on.

Then it goes worse when some idiot decides that not only should you click location icons but then also only at a specific time of day would a scene be available.

It only feels like a 'game' to people who lack critical thinking skills.

Wrong, you're confusing VN with KN.

VN is the digital version of a CYOA book with images that paint the scene behind the text.
KN is what you're describing, where you don't have choices, it's just a story with images.

There is nothing that a sandbox achieves that can't better be served by a standard VN choice/decision system.

There is a reason why sandboxes are universally unpopular.
You'll see many requests for a non-sandbox remake but you'll never see people wishing that a Vn was a sandbox, except as a joke.

Even in the best sandbox VNs, like Love of Magic, the sandbox is tolerated, not lauded.
Also even in a VN like that with loads of content and that is now finished, the majority of locations have nothing new going on most of the time.

No VN has ever been improved because it turned into a sandbox, the reverse is almost always true though.

The reason why sandboxes are insanely unpopular is because too many of them are grindy as fuck. Sandboxes done write are pretty popular which is why some of the msot popular games on this site are sandboxes. And no I'm not confusing visual novel with kinetic novel. Sandboxes often let you peruse any love interest you want in any order. Vn force you to sit through content your not interested in or characters your not that interested in just to get to ones you are. Your only option in most of those vns at best to avoid that content is to simply do something that cuts off all future content with that character instead of just not wanting a scene with them at that moment. Sandboxes feel more like an rpg with character quests and side quests.

As for clicking locations on that map. I really don't see what's wrong with that. Or really understand your points. Very and I mean very few sandboxes actually had moments where you click a location and nobody is there. Most sand box games always have a character that at a certain time and the map is basically just click to go to a persons house. Most games either tell you where a person is at a certain time and when somebody is there or rarely have the characters go more than like two locations(usually just their job and their home).

There has never been a time when I'm just looking around clicking trying to find something. And that goes back to what I was saying about having more freedom with perusing love interests. Map says that Cindy is in the part I'm going to click on the park and see if I can advance her storyline.

Really most of your complaints about sandboxes have never applied to most of the sandbox games I've played. Maybe one or two crappy ones but far from the majority. And honestly that complaint isn't even that bad. I hated the sandboxes that forced you to repeat content over and over again to get something new more than I have ever hated having to use a map to get around.

Reactions: Xanjuro

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
Hi all!

Thank you for your messages! First, Vis is not abandoned, at least not for me. F95 moderators have set the tag.
The plan is that after Highway to hell, I will return to Vis and upgrade it. That means an improved story, graphics, and features to enhance the experience as it should have been. I made mistakes, but I plan to fix them, and Highway To Hell is a break for me to deliver something good (at least how I see it) and prepare the Vis upgrade.

To all those who are saying that I will abandon my games, I have two words:

Yours,
MK
Hi all!
Vis is not abandoned, It is on hold which means only one foot is in the grave while other is still out waiting,
F95 mods have seen this entire show of devs working on new games while leaving the earlier ones half baked and on hold many times before and each time it is the same ending :Abandoned" so yeah the tag is suitable.

The plan is Highway to Hell will probably take a few to years complete lets just say 2-3 years (unless it gets screwed too)and that too depends on how long the game will be, gaps between updates and how many updates will be dropped on time. By the time it is done, there ain't gonna be any returning to Vis.

Lets assume even if you continue Vis after 2-3 years and then start the rework and upgrade of it and then create further episodes the entire shit will take another year or more. So give or take at the minimum Vis ain't getting anything for next 3-4 years.

See dude its all about rep, has the statements you gave were given by Ocean or DPC or DreamNow, every one would have believed it cuz these folks have that rep. The same way if money milkers like Icstor or Irpheaus or Stoper give such statements you know that's bullshit.
The similarity between you or Ics or Irhp is you all started with great games with hella potential but your games met similar fates, be it abandoned or On Hold or 1 update every 1-2 years.I am not comparing you with them but just saying that try not to say things that you can't do as it might end up putting you in the leagues of them.

To all those who are saying that Dev will abandon his games, I have three words:

eventually-it-will-will-happen.gif

I apologize in case anyone reading be it dev or patrons or pirates got immensely offended,
If you are only mildly offended or not offended at all then its cool.

Not really Yours,
GT

Last edited:

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi all!
Vis is not abandoned, It is on hold which means only one foot is in the grave while other is still out waiting,
F95 mods have seen this entire show of devs working on new games while leaving the earlier ones half baked and on hold many times before and each time it is the same ending :Abandoned" so yeah the tag is suitable.

The plan is Highway to Hell will probably take a few to years complete lets just say 2-3 years (unless it gets screwed too)and that too depends on how long the game will be, gaps between updates and how many updates will be dropped on time. By the time it is done, there ain't gonna be any returning to Vis.

Lets assume even if you continue Vis after 2-3 years and then start the rework and upgrade of it and then create further episodes the entire shit will take another year or more. So give or take at the minimum Vis ain't getting anything for next 3-4 years.

See dude its all about rep, has the statements you gave were given by Ocean or DPC or DreamNow, every one would have believed it cuz these folks have that rep. The same way if money milkers like Icstor or Irpheaus or Stoper give such statements you know that's bullshit.
The similarity between you or Ics or Irhp is you all started with great games with hella potential but your games met similar fates, be it abandoned or On Hold or 1 update every 1-2 years.I am not comparing you with them but just saying that try not to say things that you can't do as it might end up putting you in the leagues of them.

To all those who are saying that Dev will abandon his games, I have three words:

View attachment 3066024

I apologize in case anyone reading be it dev or patrons or pirates got immensely offended,
If you are only mildly offended or not offended at all then its cool.

Not really Yours,
GT

Hi all,

I somehow love the 'fatalistic' way of seeing this. The following rows are for those who have a similar opinion as Golden Trump.
Ever since I announced the status of the game, the sheer amount of negativity was somehow above my expectations, even if I clearly stated the reasons, showed statistics and ended up apologizing for my mistake. So here we have the failure (if we can name it like that) on my part. What do we do with the failure? What is the failure policy? Well, for some is similar to total destruction. Failure is not acceptable! But if it occurs, then you are deemed to follow the path of others. It's not an accurate prediction, but we will make it to be accurate.
You said that for me is all about reputation, because what? I don't want to give up. I want to amend my mistakes. This is why is for my reputation? Honestly, it is for me, as I want to know how to face failure, and it's for the people who trusted me. Again, I could have rebranded, and my dear Golden Trump, you would probably, have been a player of a game that I made without your knowledge, and instead of this satire, maybe, you would have been praising a game created by a shadow dev.
But returning to our subject. One thing is for sure. The amount of people who are going to bomb threads of games that are on hold or abandoned. It's starting to become predictable.
So, sometimes I wonder, was my game so good that I triggered emotions in some of the users, and therefore they had this desire to condemn my work, my mistakes, and so on, leaving no way for turning back? Maybe I have, and I know that there were people that got upset. Also, I know there were a lot of people who supported me, and I am grateful. But it intrigues me the amount of effort of people who will criticize me, my work, and my choices, for my mistakes. And I ask myself, are these people so involved in this community that they want other people to not get involved in this game (even if the game has an abandoned tag), and they warn and warn in the hopes that the new blood shall not walk the path of the veterans?!
And, my dear Golden Trump, I will take the liberty of making a remark as you did by assuming I value my reputation more than anything.
Do some 'critics' care so much if a guy/girl they never met, from the other part of the world, tries this game for the first time?! Are these meant to be warnings to them?! Or are these meant to make others who want to be supportive change their views, hoping they will see these 'critics' as oracles? I think it is all about validation. I think some people are pushing and pushing, with all the negativity, involuntarily (or not) for the dev to give up. Why? Because of that last phrase that they will write after the developers retire. That final push of ENTER. That final pressure on the keyboard will seal their "I told you so!" in the heartbeat of this forum and others. But what is more important is that it will carve a new story in their ego.
In the end, I want to say this. Some things are not meant to be shattered and will resist the test of time. Sadly, or not, egos are not one of them. They will be long gone before creativity dies (if it will ever)
I hope I didn't offend anyone, that was not my purpose. I hope that in the end, we will meet again in Colonia, idolizing Morrigan.

Yours (if not for you, Golden Trump, for others for sure)
MK

Last edited:

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hi all,

I somehow love the 'fatalistic' way of seeing this. The following rows are for those who have a similar opinion as Golden Trump.
Ever since I announced the status of the game, the sheer amount of negativity was somehow above my expectations, even if I clearly stated the reasons, showed statistics and ended up apologizing for my mistake. So here we have the failure (if we can name it like that) on my part. What do we do with the failure? What is the failure policy? Well, for some is similar to total destruction. Failure is not acceptable! But if it occurs, then you are deemed to follow the path of others. It's not an accurate prediction, but we will make it to be accurate.
You said that for me is all about reputation, because what? I don't want to give up. I want to amend my mistakes. This is why is for my reputation? Honestly, it is for me, as I want to know how to face failure, and it's for the people who trusted me. Again, I could have rebranded, and my dear Golden Trump, you would probably, have been a player of a game that I made without your knowledge, and instead of this satire, maybe, you would have been praising a game created by a shadow dev.
But returning to our subject. One thing is for sure. The amount of people who are going to bomb threads of games that are on hold or abandoned. It's starting to become predictable.
So, sometimes I wonder, was my game so good that I triggered emotions in some of the users, and therefore they had this desire to condemn my work, my mistakes, and so on, leaving no way for turning back? Maybe I have, and I know that there were people that got upset. Also, I know there were a lot of people who supported me, and I am grateful. But it intrigues me the amount of effort of people who will criticize me, my work, and my choices, for my mistakes. And I ask myself, are these people so involved in this community that they want other people to not get involved in this game (even if the game has an abandoned tag), and they warn and warn in the hopes that the new blood shall not walk the path of the veterans?!
And, my dear Golden Trump, I will take the liberty of making a remark as you did by assuming I value my reputation more than anything.
Do some 'critics' care so much if a guy/girl they never met, from the other part of the world, tries this game for the first time?! Are these meant to be warnings to them?! Or are these meant to make others who want to be supportive change their views, hoping they will see these 'critics' as oracles? I think it is all about validation. I think some people are pushing and pushing, with all the negativity, involuntarily (or not) for the dev to give up. Why? Because of that last phrase that they will write after the developers retire. That final push of ENTER. That final pressure on the keyboard will seal their "I told you so!" in the heartbeat of this forum and others. But what is more important is that it will carve a new story in their ego.
In the end, I want to say this. Some things are not meant to be shattered and will resist the test of time. Sadly, or not, egos are not one of them. They will be long gone before creativity dies (if it will ever)
I hope I didn't offend anyone, that was not my purpose. I hope that in the end, we will meet again in Colonia, idolizing Morrigan.

Yours (if not for you, Golden Trump, for others for sure)
MK
Hey Mad King. I don't have too much investment except for a having played the game a long time ago. I remember coming back to play your game and you were turning it into a Sandbox. This is JUST before you started working on it, and people warned you, and you said "It's fine." And a lot of people were saying "But, really you shouldn't-" and you said "It's fine, really?" Then again the audience said "You're making a mistake-" you interrupted and said "No. You are the one's wrong here."

Then you implemented it slowly and added the features. Then the story with the three letter word. Then people kept talking about it and it was just a slow decent that we could all see. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion. We could do nothing to stop it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I respect your decisions to do what you wanted, but after seeing the results it's really hard to see people that encouraged you, only for you to ignore them, come back and say "Alright! We trust you 100%."

To be clear, I know that you're not asking that, but it should be pretty expected that the response here had to be overwhelmingly negative. Cause it confirmed that the audience was right, and that it ended as a lot of people expected.

I'm not saying this to give you grief. I'm actually relieved that you're moving on for now and cooking up a proper place for your game and then putting this game on the pan to slow cook for a while. I just wanted to show you why even as a passive observer even I have negative feelings on the subject.

Lastly, don't let it get to you. In the end, mistakes happen and lashing out at haters is gonna do no more than fuel more bashing. When people are upset about your game, it's like they are letting out a frustration. It exercises a demon of contempt and let's it go. At least it works that way for me. Keep your chin up and good luck on your next game and hope that you go far with this one in the future.

P.S. I once gave you a message a while back that you didn't respond to, so I'll poke you for that :p <3

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hey Mad King. I don't have too much investment except for a having played the game a long time ago. I remember coming back to play your game and you were turning it into a Sandbox. This is JUST before you started working on it, and people warned you, and you said "It's fine." And a lot of people were saying "But, really you shouldn't-" and you said "It's fine, really?" Then again the audience said "You're making a mistake-" you interrupted and said "No. You are the one's wrong here."

Then you implemented it slowly and added the features. Then the story with the three letter word. Then people kept talking about it and it was just a slow decent that we could all see. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion. We could do nothing to stop it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I respect your decisions to do what you wanted, but after seeing the results it's really hard to see people that encouraged you, only for you to ignore them, come back and say "Alright! We trust you 100%."

To be clear, I know that you're not asking that, but it should be pretty expected that the response here had to be overwhelmingly negative. Cause it confirmed that the audience was right, and that it ended as a lot of people expected.

I'm not saying this to give you grief. I'm actually relieved that you're moving on for now and cooking up a proper place for your game and then putting this game on the pan to slow cook for a while. I just wanted to show you why even as a passive observer even I have negative feelings on the subject.

Lastly, don't let it get to you. In the end, mistakes happen and lashing out at haters is gonna do no more than fuel more bashing. When people are upset about your game, it's like they are letting out a frustration. It exercises a demon of contempt and let's it go. At least it works that way for me. Keep your chin up and good luck on your next game and hope that you go far with this one in the future.

P.S. I once gave you a message a while back that you didn't respond to, so I'll poke you for that :p <3
Hi there!

I responded to your message (my bad) and thanks for the feedback! I understand what you think, and what others are thinking as well, related to the outcome and I understand that there were people that felt betrayed by my decision. More than accounting for my mistakes and keep going on, I don't know what I can do. Related to NTR, I understood how it is defined and what is the general feeling about.
For Vis, my ambitions and ideas were way above my resources. That is to sum it up.
My message was mostly towards the people that didn't really have an allegiance to the game, but rather to their egos. Again I am not referring to the people who liked the game and then saw how it was put on hold. I respect all the players and non-players as long as we have a bit of respect and decency.

Thanks for the feedback,

Yours,
MK

Dec 13, 2019
dear mad king: don't pay the slightest attention to what they will write, there are people here who are used to eating for free and then defecating on the plate from where they saturated themselves. don't expect gratitude from anyone here, it's a life lesson I learned very early on in this site: you put your heart and soul into your jobs and you don't even get a thank you in the end and indeed! at least they shut up: instead no, they even take the piss out of you after eating for free!

thank you for the pearl you gave us! it doesn't matter whether you want to continue it or not: thank you for what you gave us! it is a masterpiece and will always remain so! cheers!

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
dear mad king: don't pay the slightest attention to what they will write, there are people here who are used to eating for free and then defecating on the plate from where they saturated themselves. don't expect gratitude from anyone here, it's a life lesson I learned very early on in this site: you put your heart and soul into your jobs and you don't even get a thank you in the end and indeed! at least they shut up: instead no, they even take the piss out of you after eating for free!

thank you for the pearl you gave us! it doesn't matter whether you want to continue it or not: thank you for what you gave us! it is a masterpiece and will always remain so! cheers!
Hhe. Look, I get you're a dev...but really?

He got a lot of gratitude in this thread, especially before the sandbox crap. It was very...well...liked...then he started taking it in a strange direction, people questioned it. Then he started doing the origin story rubbish...then both got abandoned for a myriad of reasons (some just plain silly)...THEN...he starts another VN.

Sorry, but as far as VN devs go...his track record is not looking very good, at all. I say this as an ardent supporter of this game once upon a time. I still love the story...but I doubt it will ever see the light of day again. All fine defending a fellow dev, I get that, truly, but don't be blind to all the mistakes, errors and self importance that came before the abandoned tag. People here are pretty passionate because it was an amazing VN....once....

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hhe. Look, I get you're a dev...but really?

He got a lot of gratitude in this thread, especially before the sandbox crap. It was very...well...liked...then he started taking it in a strange direction, people questioned it. Then he started doing the origin story rubbish...then both got abandoned for a myriad of reasons (some just plain silly)...THEN...he starts another VN.

Sorry, but as far as VN devs go...his track record is not looking very good, at all. I say this as an ardent supporter of this game once upon a time. I still love the story...but I doubt it will ever see the light of day again. All fine defending a fellow dev, I get that, truly, but don't be blind to all the mistakes, errors and self importance that came before the abandoned tag. People here are pretty passionate because it was an amazing VN....once....
Hi,

First of all, I know that people appreciated the game and/or were committed to giving well-structured feedback, and I think trinciapapere wasn't referring to them, and neither was I. Origin was supposed to be a 'satellite' for Vis, to understand the story, but again my time and resources were insufficient back then. It's on hold, as it is Vis. On F95, mods put games on abandoned after they have been on hold for months. I never said I would abandon any games, yet I am having these conversations here as if I said I would from where God knows. It's the opinion of some. People who will understand what I am saying will continue to stay and see the work I do, and for the others who are assuming, I can say they can stay, or it is a free world, and they can invest their energy in other games (hoping that aren't made by a dev that previously abandoned games and then rebranded :whistle:)

Again, I want to say that this burst is not doing any good for anyone. For the devs, they will probably abandon a game and rebrand or quit before saying that the game is on hold, and for the community, they will end up with more abandoned tags (the irony).

Yours,
MK

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
just gonna throw this out there as one of the critic (and fan) of you madking. i actually respect you for owning your mistakes. even more so in a time where most devs would just throw in their hat or make a new account in their vain efforts to dodge hate. likely repeating the same mistakes again anyways. i'm personally fine with vis going on hiatus for a while, but i do think you could've stuck with it and remade stuff if needed. i can only speak for myself on this, but i prefer quality over quantity. and this includes 'fast' updates. so taking an extra month or 3 to redo a chapter or so was the desired outcome of my criticism. *shrug*

but hey it's whatever, there's a learning curve to everything in life. and you chose to put a hiatus on it instead of rushing an ending or abandoning it entirely. so just remember that the opposite of hate isn't love, but apathy instead. the sheer fact that you got as much hate as you did is proof you made something people loved to an extent. you did some really good things, and i hope you use the experience of what works just as much as what didn't work.

Shehreyar111

Dec 22, 2018
After reading paragraphs and paragraphs about this and that, Ill just say my opinion and that is all i want to play the fcking game. I am invested in the game stories i play and i want to see it complete. I dont care about mistakes or other projects. Let me complete the story and move onto next.

Reactions: Goleking and Grelk

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Hi,

First of all, I know that people appreciated the game and/or were committed to giving well-structured feedback, and I think trinciapapere wasn't referring to them, and neither was I. Origin was supposed to be a 'satellite' for Vis, to understand the story, but again my time and resources were insufficient back then. It's on hold, as it is Vis. On F95, mods put games on abandoned after they have been on hold for months. I never said I would abandon any games, yet I am having these conversations here as if I said I would from where God knows. It's the opinion of some. People who will understand what I am saying will continue to stay and see the work I do, and for the others who are assuming, I can say they can stay, or it is a free world, and they can invest their energy in other games (hoping that aren't made by a dev that previously abandoned games and then rebranded :whistle:)

Again, I want to say that this burst is not doing any good for anyone. For the devs, they will probably abandon a game and rebrand or quit before saying that the game is on hold, and for the community, they will end up with more abandoned tags (the irony).

Yours,
MK
For once I say ,I am liking highway to hell better than vis(atleast what it becomes at the end). although it didn't make a impact as vis did in first release. But after last update I am looking forward to the next update.renders have improved story looks it has layers to it and we are barely scratching the surface.

About VIS it was great at release.Medieval settings is my favourite gener so it was no brainer to try it . we play as a prince , a badass . A good support structure around him helping him climbing the ladder. Stroy progressed with intent till Mc ascend to the throne .then fighting demons.

What made me loose interest? First vis origins from a creator prospective it might make sense to have another pov of same game . Another MC .but for a player it didn't make much sense to play as a female protagonist .it could have been compressed and added to the main game so we get most of lore and past events .you didn't have render just as a journal might have worked.
The sandbox ? Why I mean as always it was out of the blue till that point people played it as vn . For me sandbox is downgrade to vn .it takes too much time to make increases chance of bugs .and it's a nightmare mare to restart the game from beginning.i have dropped sandbox games in the past ,half way through save was broken and required a restart. If stroy was weak I would understand but that's definitely not the case here .

Then comes the Three latter word which I think one of the main reason it killed my interest.i understand as a developer you don't care about that,but as a player that tags matters. Ntr/sharing /cuck game have their audience which is polar opposite of all every other normal fetishes .there are very very few games out there that succeeded with both at that point it just becomes a fetish war .I definitely thought It could have been done with out those fetishes. And from someone who played from the start it felt I was blindsided by the ntr/sharing stuff. A lot of player simply would have passed this game up if these tags were mentioned from the beginning .most players see the tags and don't even open the game ,I do that for all the new games tbh.

A vn turned into a sandbox then side quests which make very less sense ,main story was crawling at that point. Made an entire different game with a different protagonist to show past events that adds even more delay to main game .added ntr/sharing stuff in mid development. It was the perfect Strom.

how many would support a game which they don't like fully that goes for both ntr and non-ntr fans . that's a big downside for optional fetish games.vis is not a ntr game but it has ntr content in it ,no man's land. in an ideal world this stuff shouldn't matter but development costs money .

anyways waiting for the next episode of Highway to hell.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 86 Votes