JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
I have to say this Story is amazing, can't give it enough praise. I love the mix of the paranormal, fantasy and corruption mixed in with a route system built into the story. Only games I have found that come close to Vis are Luna's Fall From Grace, Deliverance and Point of No Return. Pity Vis is on Hold but I am sure the new projects will be great too. I really like the Morrigan character but compared to the MC she might as well be Goddess while he is a insect and still she has this undying Love for him. It's endearing.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
Sadly, I always knew this game would never go anywhere. The development was always either sloppy, too ambitous for its good, or too unfocused to be properly delivered. Amist spin-offs, sandbox modes, way too much exposition early on, you knew the signs where there where MadKing was just going with his own flow and never really had much of a plan.

Reactions: prezes777

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
2 Games already on hold.... well will be abandoned in a few months, going for a 3rd one which will meet the same fate. Not really the first time I see this happening. Vis was doomed the moment that sandbox shit was added.

Now as for Highway to Abandoned Hell lets see how many updates will it survive.

Last edited:

Impostor69POS

Apr 30, 2022

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Vis is so well done it is too bad it is on Hold. I love the choice based paranormal corruption stories, especially in a fantasy setting. I wonder if Highway to Hell has a lot of paranormal elements.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi all!

Thank you for your messages! First, Vis is not abandoned, at least not for me. F95 moderators have set the tag.
The plan is that after Highway to hell, I will return to Vis and upgrade it. That means an improved story, graphics, and features to enhance the experience as it should have been. I made mistakes, but I plan to fix them, and Highway To Hell is a break for me to deliver something good (at least how I see it) and prepare the Vis upgrade.

To all those who are saying that I will abandon my games, I have two words:

daddy-chill.gif

Yours,
MK

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
I'll keep my mouth shut and not accuse of anything, but hope you prove them wrong... cause you had a lot of greatness going on with Vis...fucked it up... tried to make it into something it's not... and now it's sitting here stale.
Vis was the first game I ever developed, and yes, maybe I let my passion be above my experience and I thought I could make it more than a VN because I wanted to deliver the full experience that I had in my mind. In the end, I will make things right.

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Vis was the first game I ever developed, and yes, maybe I let my passion be above my experience and I thought I could make it more than a VN because I wanted to deliver the full experience that I had in my mind. In the end, I will make things right.
I hope so... this was really good. You were on the right path. You should at least be proud of that.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I have to agree with GetOutOfMyLab! Vis was already great and still you wanted what a studio full of coders and designers consistently fails to do. Something like Skyrim, Mass Effect or Dragon Age (the first and second ones). Even Skyrim took years of modding to reach what it is today...
Believe me, it was a sad day for me when you announced it was stopping. I told you then it was one of my all time favorites and still is. My "personal" hall of fame has around 25 titles, most of them finished, from hundreds of AVNs I played, and Vis has a solid seat there.
I really wish you get back to it and hopefully I'll be here to see it completed and support you to get there.
While waiting, I'm watching Highway to Hell with interest.

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
Hi all!

Thank you for your messages! First, Vis is not abandoned, at least not for me. F95 moderators have set the tag.
The plan is that after Highway to hell, I will return to Vis and upgrade it. That means an improved story, graphics, and features to enhance the experience as it should have been. I made mistakes, but I plan to fix them, and Highway To Hell is a break for me to deliver something good (at least how I see it) and prepare the Vis upgrade.

View attachment 3051052

Yours,
MK
clint-eastwood-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly.gif

DickoNicko

May 7, 2019
Hi all!

View attachment 3051052

Yours,
MK
Like others, kinda sad when I saw that Abandoned tag. This became a "must play" for me and sincerely, I don' t think it needs an upgrade and just updates, but I guess you as Dev must feel pleased by your product too. Don't let this die, you have something good going on here.

3.70 star(s) 86 Votes