dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
Solved, finished the "mind dungeon", and waiting for new areas.

The game has some bugs (sometimes it just goes to black screen), but is really nice.

I would like to see more battle options. I mean, more buffs or debuffs as enemies are matting with the girl.

But is an overall good game. :D

Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Solved, finished the "mind dungeon", and waiting for new areas.

The game has some bugs (sometimes it just goes to black screen), but is really nice.

I would like to see more battle options. I mean, more buffs or debuffs as enemies are matting with the girl.

But is an overall good game. :D
Thanks for the feedback!

More battle options are coming for sure!
I would like to ask a bit more about the blackscreens, as not many have reported them.
Do they happen randomly? Or is there a pattern to them?

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I doubt anyone cares but i keep getting an error on Linux. Based on a quick look into the code, it seems to be a problem loading an image. This is how i'm running your game natively on Linux: link. I'm using nwjs-v0.64.0-linux-x64. I disabled the extra graphics settings for lightings, particles, and map animation just in case. My best guess is that you're probably using a plugin that isn't Linux-friendly (likely a case mismatch going on somewhere since Linux is case-sensitive).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vuongs

Aug 24, 2017
I play to the point where I solved the pipe puzzle but then got stuck and don't know how to process. The nothing left beside this sealed door. Tried to kill a bunch of enemies in the area but nothing happen.
1660666909539.png

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I doubt anyone cares but i keep getting an error on Linux. Based on a quick look into the code, it seems to be a problem loading an image. This is how i'm running your game natively on Linux: link. I'm using nwjs-v0.64.0-linux-x64. I disabled the extra graphics settings for lightings, particles, and map animation just in case. My best guess is that you're probably using a plugin that isn't Linux-friendly (likely a case mismatch going on somewhere since Linux is case-sensitive).

The game is currently not developed/adjusted to be playable on Linux or Mac.
That will be done once the game is near completion, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I play to the point where I solved the pipe puzzle but then got stuck and don't know how to process. The nothing left beside this sealed door. Tried to kill a bunch of enemies in the area but nothing happen.
View attachment 1987588
You need to interact with the panels to the south of the locked door, they are located at the walls.

Reactions: Vuongs

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
The game is currently not developed/adjusted to be playable on Linux or Mac.
That will be done once the game is near completion, sorry for the inconvenience.
I realize this because you had mentioned it earlier, however i provided the information anyway so that you can handle the problems early on if you choose to (less work to do later). I'm not expecting you to follow up on it. Good luck.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I realize this because you had mentioned it earlier, however i provided the information anyway so that you can handle the problems early on if you choose to (less work to do later). I'm not expecting you to follow up on it. Good luck.
Yeah, we have started doing that already, with the new characters/sprites/pictures all being lowered cased, all new plugin additions are also written with linux/mac and windows in mind.

Just sadly something we can't focus on quite yet, but we are doing our best to get it playable on other plattforms as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and information, it's appreciated!

Reactions: F4C430

YakumoNagi

Aug 8, 2022

This might sound counter-intuitive but have you tried running it under WINE?

I haven't tried running VoidBound on my Steam Deck but I had to ditch the native build and revert to a windows executable for a different indie game due to case-sensitivity issue. Might worth a try.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017

I haven't tried running VoidBound on my Steam Deck but I had to ditch the native build and revert to a windows executable for a different indie game due to case-sensitivity issue. Might worth a try.
I can confirm that the game seems to be running on Steam deck, one of our writers played it for a bit, but I don't know how well or if it had issues.

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018

Yeah that's usually what i end up doing as a last resort, but i also like to give the feedback in case a dev is sympathetic to Linux users. I would rather not run a compatibility layer on top of an engine that doesn't really need it if possible.

Edit: I can't get it to work in wine either.

Last edited:

Reoma

Jun 11, 2018
Says it comes up with a crash log, but it keeps coming up empty.

False flag from Avast shows the executable as ransomware, but that seems to just be it, a false flag.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Says it comes up with a crash log, but it keeps coming up empty.

False flag from Avast shows the executable as ransomware, but that seems to just be it, a false flag.
Yeah the error you are experiencing is usually permission-based.
I would recommend adding an exception in your antivirus to solve the issue with the permission issue.

EmperorSly

Feb 14, 2020
Also I found a bug that when you fuck up the elevator puzzle and you are moving with the spark to your right, exactly before dissapearing your charcater will just run off map and become stuck somewhere out of bonds.
With each iteration of the game I will write feedback with the new, good and bad things I see. Very good job and Thank you for your work.
Post is from 2020, but I just had this bug happen to me. I saved the game already and it's my only save... am I screwed? I really don't want to replay the dungeon to get here again.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Post is from 2020, but I just had this bug happen to me. I saved the game already and it's my only save... am I screwed? I really don't want to replay the dungeon to get here again.
You shouldn't be, you can upload your save here and I can fix it for you.

Atl92

Sep 12, 2021
I like this game, but the combat is kinda boring. However other than that, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to future updates.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I like this game, but the combat is kinda boring. However other than that, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to future updates.
Glad to hear it!
You got any notes on why you find the combat kinda boring?
Is it the speed, enemies, skills? Any feedback is massively appreciated!

Atl92

Sep 12, 2021
Glad to hear it!
You got any notes on why you find the combat kinda boring?
Is it the speed, enemies, skills? Any feedback is massively appreciated!
Mostly the speed of the combat is slow, and the bosses just feel like giant meat shields which is never that much fun to fight for me personally.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Mostly the speed of the combat is slow, and the bosses just feel like giant meat shields which is never that much fun to fight for me personally.
Thank you for the reply, we are going to take that feedback into our combat balancing update!

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes