Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply & looking forward to see how the game develops! From what i played so far, i really enjoy the writing of the MC with her engineer "can-do"-attitude, and also sarcastic/black humor in the face of adversary and even defeat.
Glad to hear!
More is to come for sure, and fingers crossed that the combat feels better with each update. Hardest part is always, sometimes it feels too easy, sometimes too hard, quite tricky to find the perfect spot where everything feels good and where the enemies are doing what they should and don't do someone dirty with RNG.

Reactions: hermesh

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
i think it was mtool i replayed with out it and it didnt crash at all
Thanks for the confirmation, I did look into it and the issue is coming from something being different in the flash screen function which we didn't touch.

kopeiko

Dec 20, 2019
What should be done in a room with 4 screens red, blue, yellow and blue, on the second run by the dog there?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
What should be done in a room with 4 screens red, blue, yellow and blue, on the second run by the dog there?
Do you mean the room where the dog went through a ventilation shaft?
Or which one do you mean exactly?

If you mean the room with spaces/regions of different colors in each corner where you control the dog, then all you need to do is to activate the levers near the colors.

Last edited:

kopeiko

Dec 20, 2019
Do you mean the room where the dog went through a ventilation shaft?
Or which one do you mean exactly?

If you mean the room with spaces/regions of different colors in each corner where you control the dog, then all you need to do is to activate the levers near the colors.
I have already activated the levers, I was thrown back to the character, I started walking towards the fog, a dialogue passed, I was thrown again into a dog, I can’t interact with anything. Is this a bug or am I just dumb?

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I have already activated the levers, I was thrown back to the character, I started walking towards the fog, a dialogue passed, I was thrown again into a dog, I can’t interact with anything. Is this a bug or am I just dumb?
Yeah that is a bug, thank you very much for reporting it!
To continue don't walk towards the mist because the event trigger there isn't deactivating itself like intended, but instead interact with the previous locked door and it should allow you to continue like usual.
If you don't have a save to roll back to, please upload your save here and I will fix your save file real quick.

kopeiko

Dec 20, 2019
Yeah that is a bug, thank you very much for reporting it!
To continue don't walk towards the mist because the event trigger there isn't deactivating itself like intended, but instead interact with the previous locked door and it should allow you to continue like usual.
If you don't have a save to roll back to, please upload your save here and I will fix your save file real quick.
Thanks for help

HyperSummoner

Apr 8, 2020
The first boss is a big brick wall. Farming for mods is kinda shit too because if you want to save coilshot ammo and repair kits you can easily be unlucky and get oneshot. Combat is too punishing and there's no power progression like leveling to help with it

dazzlesp31

Jan 6, 2018
Stuck in the "mind level", when she is back to spores planet, and some parts of the screen are blured. No idea what the hell should I do. just went throug all the level and nothing happens :(

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
The first boss is a big brick wall. Farming for mods is kinda shit too because if you want to save coilshot ammo and repair kits you can easily be unlucky and get oneshot. Combat is too punishing and there's no power progression like leveling to help with it
Hey, sorry that you have troubles with that boss, combat is under heavy revisions, so it will get better in the future.
Some tips that I can give towards that boss, you can consider take off your secondary weapon and work mainly with your blaster only, that decreases your overall weight which give you more turns then the boss and enemies.

If you combine that with turrets and shields, as well as your PSI buffs, he should be defeatable.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Stuck in the "mind level", when she is back to spores planet, and some parts of the screen are blured. No idea what the hell should I do. just went throug all the level and nothing happens :(
In the mind dungeon where you go back to Xaide(spore planet), you have to retrace your steps that you did when you were there first.

I'm gonna put in spoilers:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope that helps, if it doesn't let me know where you currently are and I will try my best to walk you through it.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021
Hi, I'd like to offer my feelings on the combat system (yeah, I know, very original), in case you folks needed more feedback:

Personally, combat feels sluggish and un-engaging. The weapons and abilities provide options, but I always end up feeling like I'm on the back foot, unable to do anything but react even if I had the advantage. I don't feel confident taking risks because that could open me up to the enemy dogpiling me with attacks (especially since I'm almost always in a numbers disadvantage). This probably leads to my feeling of the enemies being too tanky to deal with.

The secondary weapons' also feel unrewarding. Yes, they can one- or two-shot enemies, but that means having to stand by as each enemy takes one or more turns before I can react, restricting my choices for countering them. The ammo system also made it me tend to save my secondary for the big, scary bosses (although this isn't that big of a deal considering I can now replenish ammo in shops).

My suggestion is to allow the player to feel more proactive in combat: maybe add a way to replenish AP so I can do devastating combos, or perhaps add a special skill that pushes enemies back on the timer, or maybe allow us to do more multi-enemy attacks.

Hope this helps!

PS. I like the positive character development in the mind area, that's something you don't tend to see much in this genre.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Hi, I'd like to offer my feelings on the combat system (yeah, I know, very original), in case you folks needed more feedback:

Personally, combat feels sluggish and un-engaging. The weapons and abilities provide options, but I always end up feeling like I'm on the back foot, unable to do anything but react even if I had the advantage. I don't feel confident taking risks because that could open me up to the enemy dogpiling me with attacks (especially since I'm almost always in a numbers disadvantage). This probably leads to my feeling of the enemies being too tanky to deal with.

The secondary weapons' also feel unrewarding. Yes, they can one- or two-shot enemies, but that means having to stand by as each enemy takes one or more turns before I can react, restricting my choices for countering them. The ammo system also made it me tend to save my secondary for the big, scary bosses (although this isn't that big of a deal considering I can now replenish ammo in shops).

My suggestion is to allow the player to feel more proactive in combat: maybe add a way to replenish AP so I can do devastating combos, or perhaps add a special skill that pushes enemies back on the timer, or maybe allow us to do more multi-enemy attacks.

Hope this helps!

PS. I like the positive character development in the mind area, that's something you don't tend to see much in this genre.
Hey, thank you very much for the feedback.

We are always in need for feedback on the combat system or general feedback, so don't worry about it, the more the better.

Currently we are in the middle of adjusting/updating/adding the systems and new system to give it more depth and options to play it differently. As you said, currently it feels sluggish and while there are different ways to approach certain aspects, there isn't really a reason to do it. So that is something we are currently trying to figure out how can we solve it in a way that it doesn't feel too hard or too easy and is still fun.

To say it simply, we are happy about the base we created for the combat system and the features, but not so much on how it feels or is balanced.

During our next few patreon releases, we will experiment a lot with smaller changes to see how does impact the combat, while also deploying new mechanics to see if these changes would make the combat more engaging.

Maybe even the small change that we are currently working on about adding different elemental bullets/magazines to the weapons might help in shifting the tempo around, but that is sadly all things that take time to see how well does it work or is it even liked by the audience.

Reoma

Jun 11, 2018
Getting EPERM errors specifically at the bar. If I try to work there, I immediately get hit with that specific error. Giving full permissions did not change the result either.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Getting EPERM errors specifically at the bar. If I try to work there, I immediately get hit with that specific error. Giving full permissions did not change the result either.
Does it create a crash log?
Can you provide a screenshot?
The more information you can provide the better.

It's possible that your antivirus is blocking some pictures from being loaded in causing that error.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 20 Votes