Cursed Atelier

Creator Team of VoidBound
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Any thoughts on beating the boss fight after finding the chip? I got beaten once, saw the scene (which was fair enough) then had to go back and get the chip to find I have to fight them again.

From the opening dialogue, I'm guessing that we're supposed to deploy turrets and shields and take them down that way. Only I didn't have much in the way of resources left when I got there (having deliberately had way too many guard fights) and I don't have the resources to make more? Can I get out to buy some kit and maybe grind some cash and components? Or should I just reload a save from way back and rethink my approach?

Also, is that first fight scripted to lose so we can see the scene? I thought I was just about to win there and then several thousand points of damage zapped Caly to the floor. I don't mind if so, but if that first scene has to happen, I'll save my gadgets for the rematch.
The fight is not scripted to lose, that I can tell you (Unless you got unlucky with her doing a crit).
But can you give me more information on which one you see as the first fight?
Because there is one encounter with Fracas and Ricci and one with only Fracas.
Currently there is no way to go back and resupply, that is something that is going to be added by the next update as we are unlocking and expanding henosis.
The guards should drop materials you can use to craft items and upgrade your weapons.

In terms of tips:
The embassy has a new weapon you can grab that is "hidden" in the barracks.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That boss fight is easier done if you keep your distance and focus Ricci down first, because if he is next to you, Fracas can pounce down on you for quite a lot of damage.
Fracas will destroy the gadgets in one hit, but they can be used to distract her so you can take out Ricci in the mean time.
You can also always use your Psi abilities to buff yourself.
Fracas has a blue energy bar, if you deal damage to her or she uses any skills that one will drain, if it reaches 0, she will be considerably weaker and take more damage.

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
The fight is not scripted to lose, that I can tell you (Unless you got unlucky with her doing a crit).
That's probably what happened. I had a very similar thing happen with a robot fight way back before, and that wasn't plot relevant, so I know it can happen.

But can you give me more information on which one you see as the first fight?
Because there is one encounter with Fracas and Ricci and one with only Fracas.
This would be the two of them.

Currently there is no way to go back and resupply, that is something that is going to be added by the next update as we are unlocking and expanding henosis.
The guards should drop materials you can use to craft items and upgrade your weapons.
They do, but not enough to keep pace. It doesn't help that I'd picked a few fights just to watch Caly get into bother, and my resources had been running low for a while.

The embassy has a new weapon you can grab that is "hidden" in the barracks.
I found that, and I thought I was using it ... but the prompt remained for blaster and coilgun, so maybe I didn't equip it right.

Fracas will destroy the gadgets in one hit, but they can be used to distract her so you can take out Ricci in the mean time.
Good enough.

You can also always use your Psi abilities to buff yourself.
I confess, I've not really engaged with the psi stuff yet. The game tends to reward playing to lose, so I've not really drilled deep beyond the recovering Endurance and the fire modes of blaster and coilgun. (One problem I had with F&R is that they never go for combat rape, so I can't do what I like to and use the post orgasm state to recover endurance, and then jump back up and attack with Heat Wave).

I've also not dug deeply into weapon mods, which I probably ought to do at some point.

Fracas has a blue energy bar, if you deal damage to her or she uses any skills that one will drain, if it reaches 0, she will be considerably weaker and take more damage.
I figured that. I had it all the way down at one point, and then she backed off for a turn and it recharged. I just about had it down again when Ricci landed me with a massive crit.

None of which, incidentally, is intended as a complaint. You have a diverse combat system here and a little pressure to learn how to use it properly is a good thing.

Last edited:

JerichoDeath

Oct 31, 2017
So, I'm right after the first boss (felt like a scripted loss, since it killed me in the first turn before I could even move), and I'm supposed to go talk to Cava.

Problem is that the building:

That building. It might as well be a cardboard background. In no way can I possibly open the doors to enter. Pretty sure I soft locked the game somehow.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
So, I'm right after the first boss (felt like a scripted loss, since it killed me in the first turn before I could even move), and I'm supposed to go talk to Cava.

Problem is that the building:

That building. It might as well be a cardboard background. In no way can I possibly open the doors to enter. Pretty sure I soft locked the game somehow.
How are you trying to enter the building?
Keyboard or mouse?
And please describe the steps you did to get the softlock so we can try to reproduce the issue and fix it.

JerichoDeath

Oct 31, 2017
How are you trying to enter the building?
Keyboard or mouse?
And please describe the steps you did to get the softlock so we can try to reproduce the issue and fix it.
Keyboard and mouse.
I'm not sure what steps exactly. I felt that I was just playing the game. I tried going everywhere to find Cava, but I had no clue where to go. I only knew that door was supposed to open by looking it up on the forum here. I did get in eventually... by mashing every key on the keyboard at once while standing there.
I think screens like that would work a lot better if they functioned like every other exploration/movement based screen in the game, i.e. responded to mouse clicks. If the door let you in via clicking with the mouse, it would be a lot more intuitive.

Currently, I'm stuck in the embassy map with no idea where to go, being attacked by enemies that respawn in literal seconds (interacting with literally anything respawns every enemy on the map). Could really use some kind of Quest section of the Journal or something that let you know the current objective, and maybe some hint as to where to find it. I feel like I've scoured the level for the main objective, but nothing.

I'd be less bothered by the respawning enemies if combat wasn't such a slog. (not "hard", mind you, or bad... just... very... slow- especially with only one person on my team) I tried the turret, and it's just weak. I haven't tried placing more than one yet, though. I've just been "giving up" immediately in order to rush through it and get back to exploring the embassy for that elusive objective. (only faster fight than "giving up" was the first boss insta-killing me)

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Keyboard and mouse.
I'm not sure what steps exactly. I felt that I was just playing the game. I tried going everywhere to find Cava, but I had no clue where to go. I only knew that door was supposed to open by looking it up on the forum here. I did get in eventually... by mashing every key on the keyboard at once while standing there.
I think screens like that would work a lot better if they functioned like every other exploration/movement based screen in the game, i.e. responded to mouse clicks. If the door let you in via clicking with the mouse, it would be a lot more intuitive.

Currently, I'm stuck in the embassy map with no idea where to go, being attacked by enemies that respawn in literal seconds (interacting with literally anything respawns every enemy on the map). Could really use some kind of Quest section of the Journal or something that let you know the current objective, and maybe some hint as to where to find it. I feel like I've scoured the level for the main objective, but nothing.

I'd be less bothered by the respawning enemies if combat wasn't such a slog. (not "hard", mind you, or bad... just... very... slow- especially with only one person on my team) I tried the turret, and it's just weak. I haven't tried placing more than one yet, though. I've just been "giving up" immediately in order to rush through it and get back to exploring the embassy for that elusive objective. (only faster fight than "giving up" was the first boss insta-killing me)
Thank you for the reply.

- The doors on the map:
They open by using the interaction button (Z or enter, as well as the left mouse click).
The issue with that is, the game is made in RPG Maker MV, so the doors are tied to an event, and that event doesn't cover the entire door, so if you click anywhere but at the bottom row of the door it won't open.
This issue will be completely gone in the next update.

- The embassy has
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also thank you for the idea with the quest log, we will discuss that idea for sure and see when and if we are going to implement it.

- Enemies only respawn if you either knock them out from behind or you lose to them. (If that behaviour doesn't happen, then there is a bug with it, do please message us if that is how it currently behaves.)
If you defeat enemies in combat they will stay defeated.
Sorry that the combat feels like a slog, the only way currently to get stronger in combat is by modifying your weapons.
Alternatively you can also use the PSI during your turn for a sort of free buff to your DMG or Defense.
Consumables can also help you quite a bit, but they need to be crafted.
Thank you for the feedback though, we are currently working a lot on the combat system by adding new moves to the enemies and player to create a more faster paced combat experience.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Honestly, getting pretty tired of having to start all the way back from Tripteen every time there's a new update.
When you start a new game you can choose to start after tripteen. This lets you start at Henosis, which will be the corner stone of the game, that allows you to visit all planets/areas and most of the content really soon.
We are actively working on it to smoothen out the experience and that you can keep your save, please bear with us.
(Currently we are establishing the hub area, so hopefully in the future it will be a better experience.)

Last edited:

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
It should be great if not only has animation in the future the grab sex that last idk 2 or 3 seconds?,a animation for this and for the picture of the whole body of the caracther depending on the type of grip (sex,touch boobies etc etc) with the enemie corresponding and sex CGs of game over etc animated should make great this game in a future. 1653876007930.png
A lot of games hentais have only the generic 3 second animation of the grip, a generic shadow or generic thing on the character and a non-animated cg, this is very crappy,i hope it game not will be like that in a future.

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
It should be great if not only has animation in the future the grab sex that last idk 2 or 3 seconds?,a animation for this and for the picture of the whole body of the caracther depending on the type of grip (sex,touch boobies etc etc) with the enemie corresponding and sex CGs of game over etc animated should make great this game in a future. View attachment 1839225
A lot of games hentais have only the generic 3 second animation of the grip, a generic shadow or generic thing on the character and a non-animated cg, this is very crappy,i hope it game not will be like that in a future.
Thank you for the suggestions, we are working on implementing full animated scenes over Live2D, you can find a preview of that on our twitter if you are interested.
Towards the combat, we are not done with it yet, we plan to expand the sexual aspect on it (Pictures, assets etc.), if it will be animated or not, that I can't say as animations are quite time and cost intensive.
The sexual attacks when you are restrained are appearing longer, if they pop up, they stay for as long as you don't press enter, the "cloth attacks" don't behave that way as we didn't want it to stick around for too long during the normal phase of combat.
But it isn't something where we say, we don't want it, just a matter if we are able to do it.

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
I understand, if the idea of grip refers to the fact that many hentai rpgs use the grip mechanic where they restrict the protagonist and this ends up in a sexual animation or in a parasitization, pregnant style, such as tentacles, slimes etc etc.
I believe that both animated CGs and animated sex in combat is an important foundation, since if it is true that CGs are the main course, the vast majority of the time what you are really seeing is combat, but as you say the resources and if you can do it or not is important, in terms of time a slow and well-made game is preferable than a fast one that is not so good, an example would be The Fairy Tale of Holy Knight Ricca: Two Winged Sisters, which the creator even after wasting time ended up delaying the release date of his game several times and implementing the ideas and suggestions that people wanted.

Icono de Validado por la comunidad

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Cursed Atelier : can I just say: keep doing what you're doing. The thing that draws me in to the sex scenes is the writing. Caly has just the right mix of tough girl and reluctant submissive for my taste. Animation would be nice, sure, but if it's going to take a lot of time, I'd sooner see more content in the same format as you have now.,

We tend not to praise the status quo as much as we complain about stuff that isn't there. So in that vein: I like it just fine the way it is :)

Reactions: Beggarman

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Cursed Atelier : can I just say: keep doing what you're doing. The thing that draws me in to the sex scenes is the writing. Caly has just the right mix of tough girl and reluctant submissive for my taste. Animation would be nice, sure, but if it's going to take a lot of time, I'd sooner see more content in the same format as you have now.,

We tend not to praise the status quo as much as we complain about stuff that isn't there. So in that vein: I like it just fine the way it is :)
Thank you for the kind words, they really mean and help out a lot more than you can think.
Our next update is about to go into testing and it has one fully animated scene, while we love to have more, we treat the animations more as a side thing/bonus, all scenes will be drawn in the usual style first and if we have the funds, we will have them go through the animation process. And a big thank you from the writing department, we are glad you like how we designed her personality! We can't wait to show what the next update has in store for her and the cast!

Last edited:

rtccxd

Oct 5, 2021
failed to load actor_r_100_urtu during embassy fights. Also as player who has played xcoms games a lot, there is nothing more frustrating than miss mechanics. Atleast make it clearer how much is my hit chance etc. francas fight it just so fucking stupid that it takes me 2-3 turns to get enough EN for heat wave and then i get double miss, its instant restart of the fight

Last edited:

rtccxd

Oct 5, 2021
also where to go on xaide after the big room with lab tubes and getting the notepad thingy from the glass tank. i cant find the boss here

Reactions: BannedHeresy™

Cursed Atelier

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
failed to load actor_r_100_urtu during embassy fights. Also as player who has played xcoms games a lot, there is nothing more frustrating than miss mechanics. Atleast make it clearer how much is my hit chance etc. francas fight it just so fucking stupid that it takes me 2-3 turns to get enough EN for heat wave and then i get double miss, its instant restart of the fight
Thank you for the report and feedback on the combat, we will work on adjusting it/make it clearer.
also where to go on xaide after the big room with lab tubes and getting the notepad thingy from the glass tank. i cant find the boss here
If you have the stone tablet from the glass tank, you can return back to the hub/start area where the waterfall is. You can find the boss there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BannedHeresy™
4.00 star(s) 20 Votes