Nov 2, 2020
Like the only problem I have with your games is that they follow canon. it isn't bad as while the game isn't for me... it is still a valid criticism. You should do games like DxD with what-ifs in mind. Because lemme say it... rn if we wanted to play canon... we'd watch the anime or read the LN dude.

Like just a though while following canon is fine... what ifs would be better as well, people can just watch the show to see it if your game does follow canon.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Like the only problem I have with your games is that they follow canon. it isn't bad as while the game isn't for me... it is still a valid criticism. You should do games like DxD with what-ifs in mind. Because lemme say it... rn if we wanted to play canon... we'd watch the anime or read the LN dude.

Like just a though while following canon is fine... what ifs would be better as well, people can just watch the show to see it if your game does follow canon.
That's my audience which I have built over the years: Canon but with no cockblocking (Sudden heroine interrupting the other), actual relationship (no overly oblivious MC), and of course sex (Which canon doesn't have). Just by including relationships the plot does shift towards other directions (Such as with Legacy of Hestia), in other cases I simply include those alternative scenarios by putting choices, so you can follow the canon OR do something differently (Such as Overlord H).

With Vox Gremory, I want to do something similar to Overlord H, so following the canon while adding choices that shift the main story towards another direction. Up to R6, I've already included quite many custom scenes that aren't part of the canon, and even added an important choice regarding Raynare, she'll get her own episode too which goes in depth with MC's trauma before it's "fixed".

However, in the near future I'll be making a companion game (Smaller scale, single heroine) for either Grayfia or Venelana (I'll be making a poll to let patrons decide in a week or two), that one won't be following any canon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: youmustbejoking
Nov 2, 2020
That's my audience which I have built over the years: Canon but with no cockblocking (Sudden heroine interrupting the other), actual relationship (no overly oblivious MC), and of course sex (Which canon doesn't have). Just by including relationships the plot does shift towards other directions (Such as with Legacy of Hestia), in other cases I simply include those alternative scenarios by putting choices, so you can follow the canon OR do something differently (Such as Overlord H).

With Vox Gremory, I want to do something similar to Overlord H, so following the canon while adding choices that shift the main story towards another direction. Up to R6, I've already included quite many custom scenes that aren't part of the canon, and even added an important choice regarding Raynare, she'll get her own episode too which goes in depth with MC's trauma before it's "fixed".

However, in the near future I'll be making a companion game (Smaller scale, single heroine) for either Grayfia or Venelana (I'll be making a poll to let patrons decide in a week or two), that one won't be following any canon.
still not enough to stop most from just reading the Ln or watch the anime... like Raynare so far being the only one is so off that while a good idea don't get me wrong... like I'm saying that people want to have bigger choices than what canon does. Like what if you chose to not forgive what the orc did ganging on you?

many people would hate it and not reciprocate them and thus all the people are friends and never get higher such as bro or lovers.

like let me ask you... what will your game do total that gives players what they want and they don't need to watch the anime or read the LN. like if watching the anime and reading gets me the same thing then its not really that immersive. Like the only Raynare thing I can see is you using the Idea that azazel was the one who did order his death and issei not forgiving which will be cool but not letting the player choose who they are... like what your are doing is a bit worse than the persona games.

The mc in persona is mute and never says anything other than text so all his decisions are up to the player but Issei speaks meaning changing his name, and nickname is pointless... your still Issei and while many wants his harem my question is this

Have you tried a scenarios where Issei starts like canon but can change into a non pervert after the date? it is what got him killed and maybe explore other scenarios... like what if issei legit think Rias let him even if non canon? it is a fair assumption to make when you hear she owns the place with Sona and knew of the church?

like my idea if you don't mind is release another demo with what ifs that explore this when you can no rush and see which are more played... your not int a fully released game so your not losing much from having a demo what if and seeing what gets it... like sure it sounds wrong on paper but could be a good idea...

hell as a game dev myself... i included an evil path because it fits the them after many reworks is all even if was against the prototype early... just keep an open mind.