3.80 star(s) 18 Votes

LunaLena

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Am I the only one to get really poor performance on my PC? I can run Half Life Alyx without any issues on max settings and this game is like a diaporama even on low settings. o_O

Reactions: koagz

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
It WILL get many testers from those that have vr headsets. It says its VR in the title. Having input from people without one is pointless.
"Many" from a tiny percentage of people with VR compared to the much much larger PC audience is literally nothing. In my opinion it's a pretty stupid business decision to make your game VR only because you are not only alienating the players, but also your own game growth and profits. You look at very successful games like Project Helius Fallen Doll, they have both Desktop support and VR. What's the point of VR only anyways? You gonna hold on to those VR hand controllers while jerking off? Sometimes people get tired of that. It's bad to limit to VR only for these type of games. Even VR owners themselves like to take a break from using it. Hence the devs are only limiting their own success.

LunaLena

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
"Many" from a tiny percentage of people with VR compared to the much much larger PC audience is literally nothing. In my opinion it's a pretty stupid business decision to make your game VR only because you are not only alienating the players, but also your own game growth and profits. You look at very successful games like Project Helius Fallen Doll, they have both Desktop support and VR. What's the point of VR only anyways? You gonna hold on to those VR hand controllers while jerking off? Sometimes people get tired of that. It's bad to limit to VR only for these type of games. Even VR owners themselves like to take a break from using it. Hence the devs are only limiting their own success.
No it's not stupid to make a game specifically for VR controls. Especially when the game is based on the interaction you can "physically" have.
The point of having VR only games is to actually have real VR games that aren't going to be limited because PC players also wants to play it in some way, because in 99% of VR games who are PC controls compatible, they are limited in their actions to not frustrate PC players to not be able to do some interactions.

It IS stupid to complain about a VR game to be VR only compatible though.
It's not because you don't have something that it is stupid.

Nobody says it is stupid to not have a manor because you don't have the money for it, then don't say it is stupid to have VR only games just because you don't have a VR headset.

EDIT: I also wanted to say, yes sometimes we, VR players wants to take a break from using our VR hardware, but then we just don't play VR games, I've never heard anyone saying it's stupid to not be able to play Beat Saber without VR because it is just not possible to make it PC controls compatible xD (Or you will have to simplify the gameplay but then it won't be Beat Saber anymore but like a Osu! Mania with a Beat Saber skin)

Last edited:

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
No it's not stupid to make a game specifically for VR controls. Especially when the game is based on the interaction you can "physically" have.
The point of having VR only games is to actually have real VR games that aren't going to be limited because PC players also wants to play it in some way, because in 99% of VR games who are PC controls compatible, they are limited in their actions to not frustrate PC players to not be able to do some interactions.

It IS stupid to complain about a VR game to be VR only compatible though.
It's not because you don't have something that it is stupid.

Nobody says it is stupid to not have a manor because you don't have the money for it, then don't say it is stupid to have VR only games just because you don't have a VR headset.

EDIT: I also wanted to say, yes sometimes we, VR players wants to take a break from using our VR hardware, but then we just don't play VR games, I've never heard anyone saying it's stupid to not be able to play Beat Saber without VR because it is just not possible to make it PC controls compatible xD (Or you will have to simplify the gameplay but then it won't be Beat Saber anymore but like a Osu! Mania with a Beat Saber skin)
Regardless of everything that you just said right now, my statement still stands true that, limiting to VR only isn't smart in terms of net return since you're limiting your game to a much much smaller audience. Already a couple people here saying, "oh it's VR only? Welp too bad it seemed good".
And there's a ton of people who don't bother to comment. Every person is a potential sale or long term patreon support.

Also, I could get a VR if I wanted, I have an RTX 3080 it's no problem. I just don't like using VR, end of story. There are others like me out there. Again, which audience are you trying to focus on? Exclusive VR is probably even less than 10% of all PC gamers. You say not doing VR only doesn't make the game as good. Hah, speak for yourself. Fallen Doll Project Helius is doing pretty damn fantastic.

LunaLena

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Regardless of everything that you just said right now, my statement still stands true that, limiting to VR only isn't smart in terms of net return since you're limiting your game to a much much smaller audience. Already a couple people here saying, "oh it's VR only? Welp too bad it seemed good".
And there's a ton of people who don't bother to comment. Every person is a potential sale or long term patreon support.

Also, I could get a VR if I wanted, I have an RTX 3080 it's no problem. I just don't like using VR, end of story. There are others like me out there. Again, which audience are you trying to focus on? Exclusive VR is probably even less than 10% of all PC gamers. You say not doing VR only doesn't make the game as good. Hah, speak for yourself. Fallen Doll Project Helius is doing pretty damn fantastic.
If you don't like VR, just don't look at VR games because they are MADE for VR, if you want to play a real PC game just play a game that isn't VR, because if it seems interesting it is BECAUSE it's a VR game.

I still don't understand your statement saying it's stupid to limit a VR game to be a VR only game because it's like saying it's stupid to limit a boat to be on water only. It just works that way, a game that is made to be played in VR will always be bad on PC controls, end of story.

When a game does not have "VR" in the title for example, I could understand you would be sad to see it's a VR game only, but when it says "VR" in the title, don't say stupid things like these.

And to reply to your statement about limiting the audience of the game by making it VR only, well it's just because if they made a mouse/keyboard version of it, it would be bad, so they're limiting the damages (ex: bad reviews) it could do to have a bad mouse and keyboard controls when the VR controls are what they want to play their game.

Some games are good even tho they're making both VR and mouse/keyboard controls, but the experience isn't the same at all, Fallen Doll wasn't supposed to be a VR game to begin with, but a desktop game with VR support which is totally different.

Let's take the example of a NTR game, which personally is a genre I like. Is it stupid to make an NTR game just because there is more people who likes vanilla games? No, they are just making games for those people who likes NTR games.
Every single person complaining about an NTR game having NTR in it are the ones who are stupid to not understand something as simple as that, and you're doing the same exact thing with VR games.

Now I don't know what I can say to make you understand how stupid your statement is, but if you still don't understand, then I can't do anything more for you. VR Hot is a really good VR game and is made for VR, so yeah there isn't mouse & keyboard controls, but hey, like you said, 90% of the games available are mouse & keyboard compatible, so just look at another game and let the devs make the games they want, they don't owe you anything, because they could just not make any games.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Dunno, but there is a HUGE following of VR. Maybe get some figures.

The point of VR Only is to allow those with full VR kits to use it fully, after all thats WHY the game was intended for in the first place. I dont mind or object to VR and kb / mouse support, but the game was or is intended for full VR, so I cannot really see the issue.

The point is that someone without VR making a comment like they did, is fairly bias and not aimed at what the game is really aimed for.

End of story really.

Last edited:
Reactions: DevSteve

loler69

Jan 13, 2020

well if you dont like vr, then dont play it. Not much to it. Plus Operation Lovecraft is a non-vr game with Vr-compatibility, and that term is very important, because Operation Lovecraft isnt a VR game at all, its just lets you enter in with VR, it has no interactions using vr nor is it optimized for it, comparing the two is kind of naïve, plus i'd argue the age and genre of Operation Lovecraft have given it its success rather than not being a "VR only" game.

loler69

Jan 13, 2020
If you don't like VR, just don't look at VR games because they are MADE for VR, if you want to play a real PC game just play a game that isn't VR, because if it seems interesting it is BECAUSE it's a VR game.

I still don't understand your statement saying it's stupid to limit a VR game to be a VR only game because it's like saying it's stupid to limit a boat to be on water only. It just works that way, a game that is made to be played in VR will always be bad on PC controls, end of story.

When a game does not have "VR" in the title for example, I could understand you would be sad to see it's a VR game only, but when it says "VR" in the title, don't say stupid things like these.

And to reply to your statement about limiting the audience of the game by making it VR only, well it's just because if they made a mouse/keyboard version of it, it would be bad, so they're limiting the damages (ex: bad reviews) it could do to have a bad mouse and keyboard controls when the VR controls are what they want to play their game.

Some games are good even tho they're making both VR and mouse/keyboard controls, but the experience isn't the same at all, Fallen Doll wasn't supposed to be a VR game to begin with, but a desktop game with VR support which is totally different.

Let's take the example of a NTR game, which personally is a genre I like. Is it stupid to make an NTR game just because there is more people who likes vanilla games? No, they are just making games for those people who likes NTR games.
Every single person complaining about an NTR game having NTR in it are the ones who are stupid to not understand something as simple as that, and you're doing the same exact thing with VR games.

Now I don't know what I can say to make you understand how stupid your statement is, but if you still don't understand, then I can't do anything more for you. VR Hot is a really good VR game and is made for VR, so yeah there isn't mouse & keyboard controls, but hey, like you said, 90% of the games available are mouse & keyboard compatible, so just look at another game and let the devs make the games they want, they don't owe you anything, because they could just not make any games.
on top of all that, he doesnt consider that making it desktop compatible wastes resources just for people to complain about the clunky controls, Ive seen so many games where half the changelog is fixing bugs with desktop controls, instead of adding more content they just make the game a buggy mess and never mature it past the "beta" phase

• Red Heart
Reactions: IXL and LunaLena

drocket77

Jun 12, 2020
Every time I start it, I get to the selection screen with select height. I hit start and it sits there waiting. I take of my VR and look at PC, and it says Program has stopped working. The first release worked fine, .54 and .53 crash like this. I am running AMD 3600 and RTX2060.

**EDIT. Just updated my graphics drivers, and it loads fine now.

Last edited:

kocsognetflix

Jan 26, 2018
You say not doing VR only doesn't make the game as good. Hah, speak for yourself. Fallen Doll Project Helius is doing pretty damn fantastic.
Fallen Doll plays back canned animations. That's fine, it's fun to sit and watch, but it's a very odd comparison to go for. It's the easiest thing to add both options to, you just stick the camera to the HMD position and voila, it's the same game but in VR.

VR HOT has no content like Fallen Doll does whatsoever, you're literally not missing out on anything there. It's all about interaction, touching the character. And because you don't feel like doing that you're practically asking the dev to drop what they're doing and remake another game that currently doesn't exist.

Previous commenters have it exactly right. Just allow good VR games to exist, and join in if you want. There's a thousand monitor-centered ones for each one of these.

Reactions: Darper and loler69

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Fallen Doll plays back canned animations. That's fine, it's fun to sit and watch, but it's a very odd comparison to go for. It's the easiest thing to add both options to, you just stick the camera to the HMD position and voila, it's the same game but in VR.

VR HOT has no content like Fallen Doll does whatsoever, you're literally not missing out on anything there. It's all about interaction, touching the character. And because you don't feel like doing that you're practically asking the dev to drop what they're doing and remake another game that currently doesn't exist.

Previous commenters have it exactly right. Just allow good VR games to exist, and join in if you want. There's a thousand monitor-centered ones for each one of these.
Fair enough. I would of justified buying a VR if there existed enough quality VR games to have me enjoy VR content on a regular and consistent basis, but I don't feel like there is, and I don't feel like it would be a fruitful investment currently. Maybe in 3 years or so.

PonyTales

Aug 1, 2020
Just tried this new v0.5.5 out for a bit, WOW! this has improved a lot since last time i tried it! Her Ai needs a little tweaking still (misses the bed when laying down, wont sit in the chairs), but it's definitely shaping up to be a great simulator.

fearlessss

Aug 28, 2021
So how do people even get this to work properly, all the motions are bad, BJ is bugged and never even reach the mouth, intercourse is bad. How do I make this work properly?

SeriesOne

May 22, 2021
So how do people even get this to work properly, all the motions are bad, BJ is bugged and never even reach the mouth, intercourse is bad. How do I make this work properly?
I'm facing the same Problems. Especially intercourse is quite difficult when using a controller for hip movement. The hand wich is bound to the controller always gets in the way. BJ not working at all.
The physics of the girl are just too "wobbly".

I bet things are better with vive trackers, but i am using a Rift S, not gonna buy a lighthouse System and trackers just for this.

Let's see where this game will go. The basics are pretty good so far.

PaNiq

Dec 3, 2017
Found out there's another room, you can lead the girl there by making her sit in the "old chair". Now, there's all sort of things in there but are any of those actually usable (aside from dildos of course)? I can't figure out for the life of me how to make chains work. I have to cuff her obviously, but then putting her either on the table or on the wall mounts pretty much breaks her everytime. Is there any way to make her position herself on that table, or near the wall mounts? Using the wall intercourse option makes her go near the wall mounts but she's all broken and there's no way for me to chain her up.

Reactions: DarwinsTripod

McJimbo

Apr 3, 2018
To be honest, I don't understand the excitement why the game is not possible non-VR, because it's supposed to be a VR sex simulator.

What is the point of touching the hottie's breasts if you don't feel any resistance. (Vibration)

You also have to say that they only released the game in March and it will surely improve a lot in the future, because there is a new release every 2 months.

Virt-A-Mate is also a completely different branch because you can actually only switch scenes or design them yourself.

VR-Hot will also get personalities of the hotties in the future.

So I'm curious what the future of the game will bring.

3.80 star(s) 18 Votes