Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
This thread it was really so nice, but now it begin to become one of the worst in this forum , with a consistent number of people that are so lazy to write one post , without reading just few posts before , like for example the users wtf9191 and Jacob a gabiel made , only to mention the last two names here in this last page...
It is not necessary to read the whole thread but to lose only 5 minutes of your time to read at least the last two pages is absolutely possible ; to disturb every time people asking always the same thing that have already tons of answers ( and always the same ) it's absolutely non at all polite and rude ...

About the Update ( this is the only e recurrent question ) please take a look to last Skosha post #5,783 , he has always right and correct news ; the update it's waited to be in August and in every case , also asking every holy day when it will be, does not then do so that this actually happens ...

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017
The dev gave an update a week or two ago and during this week he had to stop because of the heat during the week so it won't be closed anytime soon (y)
To be honest that is one lame excuse to give, millions of people were doing their jobs under the same conditions last week all over Europe (he is European iirc, correct me if I'm wrong), many of them physically demanding ones and he couldn't? I'm all for giving authors due time to release their games and since I'm not paying I'm not upset or outraged, but it smells like a cheap excuse to me, because like I said, millions of other people had to go to work and I don't see how he couldn't.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
To be honest that is one lame excuse to give, millions of people were doing their jobs under the same conditions last week all over Europe (he is European iirc, correct me if I'm wrong), many of them physically demanding ones and he couldn't? I'm all for giving authors due time to release their games and since I'm not paying I'm not upset or outraged, but it smells like a cheap excuse to me, because like I said, millions of other people had to go to work and I don't see how he couldn't.
It's hardly a lame excuse when it's record-breaking temperatures do you actually expect a person to sit in that heat during his own free time? not to mention the heat that would be coming from his PC as well. We don't know his situation either some people can't cope when it gets so warm but have faith in the dev I'm sure he is on track to update next month.

giphy098.gif

Oct 15, 2017
It's hardly a lame excuse when it's record-breaking temperatures do you actually expect a person to sit in that heat during his own free time? not to mention the heat that would be coming from his PC as well.
So? Like I said, millions of other people had to go to work in the same heat as well, some doing more physically demanding jobs which is far more taxing than sitting in front of a computer and the bit of heat it gives of.

Also it can hardly be called his free time when he is making quite a lot of money from it, more than some do with regular jobs. I'm well aware that patreon is for "donations" or "support" but lets be real here, it is used as a business model by a lot of people and should be treated as such.

Like I said, I'm not a patron of his and I'm not angry or outraged, I simply find it a lackluster excuse and so far you haven't given me a good counter argument.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So? Like I said, millions of other people had to go to work in the same heat as well, some doing more physically demanding jobs which is far more taxing than sitting in front of a computer and the bit of heat it gives of.

Also it can hardly be called his free time when he is making quite a lot of money from it, more than some do with regular jobs. I'm well aware that patreon is for "donations" or "support" but lets be real here, it is used as a business model by a lot of people and should be treated as such.

Like I said, I'm not a patron of his and I'm not angry or outraged, I simply find it a lackluster excuse and so far you haven't given me a good counter argument.
He might as well be sitting in a sauna or next to a giant furnace. If he wants to take a day off because of the heat who are we to say otherwise?

Yes, but he is his own boss and he can decide if he wants to do the work or not and if people are unhappy with him taking a day off over the extreme heat then they are entitled to withdraw their support but most of his patrons would understand the circumstances.

And you not being a patron of his come on I'd understand this more if you were a patron of his but cut the man some slack you are currently on a pirating forum ;)

Reactions: Namco15 and Hally
Oct 15, 2017
And you not being a patron of his come on I'd understand this more if you were a patron of his but cut the man some slack you are currently on a pirating forum ;)
Like I said, it doesn't bother me, it just struck me as a rather weak excuse, that was all ;) I'm just looking forward to the release of the next version and its hopeful boatload of content that he hinted at.

Last edited:

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Graphic rendering is an incredibly heavy job for the GPU. The GPU overheat itself and it has to be cooled, generally with two or three fans blowing air onto it. Though if the room temperature is already high (last week I had 35°C inside the house and my country wasn't even fully hit by the heatwave) it's like trying to cool something with an hair dryer. If the GPU fully overheats it simply becomes an irreparable piece of garbage.

Even if Irphaeus was the most heat-resistant human on earth, it's simply not worth risking a setback of months (plus a damage of 1K/2K) just to brave an heatwave that will last a couple days at most.

Last week it was so hot that electric components simply stopped working. My grandma was stuck in her house a full day because her automatic gate stopped working and she didn't know how to turn it into manual. Heatwave + exposed to the sun + covered by a black iron box = 75°C and many electronic components are not designed to work over 70°C.

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
People underestimate just how difficult it can be to work under extreme heats and how taxing it is on PC's that already heat up quite a lot under normal conditions let alone when heat waves are sweeping the continent.

Oh and everyone has air conditioners they help but the heats can still become unbarring.

Reactions: Fantabaldu

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
People underestimate just how difficult it can be to work under extreme heats and how taxing it is on PC's that already heat up quite a lot under normal conditions let alone when heat waves are sweeping the continent.

Oh and everyone has air conditioners they help but the heats can still become unbarring.
I live in Arizona, and as of me typing this message (8:35 am according to my computer's clock), it's 93 degrees F (~34 C for those not using freedom units). The predicted high is supposed to be about 108-110 F (-43 C). Even with air conditioning, I don't feel like doing much. I can understand not wanting to work with a computer running full-bore in the same room. My room gets toasty enough just playing games!

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
This thread is becoming more and more ridiculous every day
i'm suprised after all this time we spent discussing if the dev was secretly the worst con artist ever (or everyone throwing in their guesses when the new update will come out, with everyone going off of zero information), you take offense when we make small talk about the weather.

I feel exactly the opposite way, this is the most civil discussion we've had lately :_D

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
i'm suprised after all this time we spent discussing if the dev was secretly the worst con artist ever (or everyone throwing in their guesses when the new update will come out, with everyone going off of zero information), you take offense when we make small talk about the weather.

I feel exactly the opposite way, this is the most civil discussion we've had lately :_D
I wasn't talking about the weather

Oct 15, 2017
I don't wanna stir up this discussion again, but just to clarify, I work with/on computers for a living, been building them for over 15 years in my private life as well and am quite well versed in computer hardware. So just to be clear, your PC won't die or have a hardware failure just because the room temperature goes up 10 or 15°C, if it is badly designed it might throttle and your performance gets temporarily worse as a result, but your hardware won't die on you unless you manually disabled the safety measures built into any modern computer.

I was working in a room with several running computers the entire week we had this heat wave and we had several days in a row with 39 to 40°C all day long (and no air condition) and I certainly agree that it isn't pleasant to work under such circumstances, but it isn't unbearable either. So my opinion was based on personal experience as well, just to put it a little better into perspective, but I agree that people react differently to such temperatures and I might have been a little harsh in my choice of words.

Agreed and I'm positively surprised that it stayed that way, I'm well aware that my opinion might irk some people so kudos to Mormont and anyone else for replying in a civil manner rather than the so often seen lashing out. But unless someone wants to drag this on, I'll refrain from further replies about this topic ;)

4.10 star(s) 265 Votes