geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
I have a serious question to the MOD who keeps deleting posts on this topic. Why are my posts which talk about Waifu academy being deleted from this thread? I don't actively rail against this game and I only make OCCASIONAL POSTS JOKING ABOUT THIS GAME? This thread is SUPPOSED to be a thread to talk about the game called "waifu academy", so in what WORLD are posts talking about "Waifu academy" "off-topic"?!
If this thread was only supposed to be a discussion about an UPDATE THAT IS NOT COMING, then this thread should be locked until the update is released, to stop others from bashing the game (and god forbid warn people from supporting a dev who seems to "be bad at keeping his promises"). But the deletions that are going on are 100% arbitrary. No consistency at all.

I made one post yesterday, that seemed to get a positive response, deleted for OT.

I made another post, again like 2~3 weeks ago, deleted again for OT (so not exactly spamming here).

Is Irphaeus part of the mod team or can someone give me a serious response to why are mods running damage control for him?

I can understand if someone starts talking about different games in this thread, and making ACTUAL off-topic posts. But these deletions are all completely false and BS, and the person who seems to be deleting the posts with the tag "OT" is just being blatantly dishonest.

Edit: I just want to know what rules we need to play by to be able to make posts in this thread without them being removed? I think that isn't too much to ask. What are the exact rules, because "OT" is being enforced 100% incorrectly right now by the very definition of the word "Off-topic"? If we cannot make posts saying anything negative about a game (Which I know for a fact isn't part of any rules on this site) then at least that's something we TRY to adhere to. We could use sarcasm and stuff to make posts that aren't directly negative or offensive against this game (My previous post didn't say anything directly negative about Waifu Academy, didn't complain about any delays either, you could say my previous post was POSITIVE about this game in a sense).
If the rule is that spamming isn't OK then I am sorry but I would like my message reinstated because I know for a fact that I don't spam, or do anything that would qualify as spamming. If you call making 2-3 posts in this thread in 3 weeks spamming, then I have a loooooot of people I need to report for "spamming".

Either this thread needs to be locked entirely until the next update "to limit the discussion to talking about an update" or specify the rules mods act by. If there is no consistency to how mods moderate things, no rulesets they need to act by, that will piss more people off than not.

Last edited:

chatwin049

Jan 19, 2018
I have a serious question to the MOD who keeps deleting posts on this topic. Why are my posts which talk about Waifu academy being deleted from this thread? I don't actively rail against this game and I only make OCCASIONAL POSTS JOKING ABOUT THIS GAME? This thread is SUPPOSED to be a thread to talk about the game called "waifu academy", so in what WORLD are posts talking about "Waifu academy" "off-topic"?!
If this thread was only supposed to be a discussion about an UPDATE THAT IS NOT COMING, then this thread should be locked until the update is released, to stop others from bashing the game (and god forbid warn people from supporting a dev who seems to be "being bad at keeping his promises"). But the deletions that are going on are 100% arbitrary. No consistency at all.

I made one post yesterday, that seemed to get a positive response, deleted for OT.

I made another post, again like 2~3 weeks ago, deleted again for OT (so not exactly spamming here).

Is Irphaeus part of the mod team or can someone give me a serious response to why are mods running damage control for him?

I can understand if someone starts talking about different games in this thread, and making ACTUAL off-topic posts. But these deletions are all completely false and BS, and the person who seems to be deleting the posts with the tag "OT" is just being blatantly dishonest.

same here :) I was asking when is the next delay and my post got deleted.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
A "Delayed"-tag could, in all seriousness, make a lot of sense in this and similar cases.
On other sites this game is tagged 'On Hold' and imho that seems fair to all.

That tag allows the Dev to keep making and breaking promises, but the viewers/users are not misinformed or misled by the Site. With the 'On Hold' tag the Site maintains the mantle of an honest broker_ and Users are made aware the game is-not being updated and they should play and support accordingly. And no, it isn't being updated. Because why? Because lip service is not an update and you can't play promises .

Last edited:

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
Similar as my post witch was answer to

was count as OT but the post above wasn't OT

as u can see everyone here are equal but some are more equal then another ;)
tbh I think the mod only look from time to time and delete batches of messages, mine aswell go to the trash for being OT :unsure:
Anyhow I wouldn't hold it against the mods, it's one thread in the whole forum, surely they have other things to do than to watch this single thread

• Angry
Reactions: DarkinScythe

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
If this thread was only supposed to be a discussion about an UPDATE THAT IS NOT COMING, then this thread should be locked until the update is released, to stop others from bashing the game (and god forbid warn people from supporting a dev who seems to "be bad at keeping his promises"). But the deletions that are going on are 100% arbitrary. No consistency at all.

Edit: I just want to know what rules we need to play by to be able to make posts in this thread without them being removed? I think that isn't too much to ask. What are the exact rules, because "OT" is being enforced 100% incorrectly right now by the very definition of the word "Off-topic"? If we cannot make posts saying anything negative about a game (Which I know for a fact isn't part of any rules on this site) then at least that's something we TRY to adhere to. We could use sarcasm and stuff to make posts that aren't directly negative or offensive against this game (My previous post didn't say anything directly negative about Waifu Academy, didn't complain about any delays either, you could say my previous post was POSITIVE about this game in a sense).
If the rule is that spamming isn't OK then I am sorry but I would like my message reinstated because I know for a fact that I don't spam, or do anything that would qualify as spamming. If you call making 2-3 posts in this thread in 3 weeks spamming, then I have a loooooot of people I need to report for "spamming".

Either this thread needs to be locked entirely until the next update "to limit the discussion to talking about an update" or specify the rules mods act by. If there is no consistency to how mods moderate things, no rulesets they need to act by, that will piss more people off than not.
Preach my Brother. Preach.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019

Tbh, to me this thread is kind of a running gag thread. I find the delaying issue, kind of sad and funny at the same time. it might be just me but at this point i really enjoy reading it for the jokes and the meme (that's the only thing we got after 8 or 9 months to talk) of course some people are venting their frustration but nothing came to me as some sort of bashing. So, i don't really get thread being locked or OT delete. Some moderation is necessary but the man with his attitude is being a good sparring partner for joke, it's a shame to not enjoy it.

Apr 5, 2018
I've had all my posts deleted from here that even remotely poked fun at Irpaheus and this farce of a situation. Whichever of you lame mods feel like deleting every funny comment because it's not strictly game related content discussion, why not just lock the thread down until there is something new to discuss?

The developer is playing us all for fools and repeatedly stringing us along and we expect to sit here nice and polite and just talk about character development from eight months ago and not mock the situation even a little bit? Makes perfect sense.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
Replies keep getting deleted because they are repeated gags that add nothing of value to the thread. Yes, some posts are funny, but most are trash. This thread should honestly just get locked until it gets updated since people clearly can't behave.
It might get locked for a while..following that logic. I say, let's just locked it all the time and open it 2 times a year (for one day) the day there is a release :WeSmart:

• Haha
Reactions: V-red

Tiagolop

Sep 28, 2017
Judging people for being "freeloaders" on a pirate site :ROFLMAO:
I'd imagine many supporters simply forget about their pledge and don't really notice $1-5 less on their account every month. Apparently there's a dev that died and his patreon is still active with plenty of subscribers.

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
The nurse is gonna the redracted person from the court case correct? Why else would she be so invested with you.
Maybe she see you as a changing force/wild card?
Some people just wanna see others stir trouble in the plans of others

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
I have a serious question to the MOD who keeps deleting posts on this topic.
basically, because the thread turned into 100 pages of the same thing "update complaints", etc they want that to stop. Anything that's not talking about actual game content has grounds for them to mark as OT. They want the thread to be clean for new people playing the game to be able to easily find answers to questions they may have, rather than having to scroll past 20 pages of people asking/complaining/making fun of updates/delays.

even this explanation of why things are getting marked OT will probably get deleted as OT

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
basically, because the thread turned into 100 pages of the same thing "update complaints", etc they want that to stop. Anything that's not talking about actual game content has grounds for them to mark as OT. They want the thread to be clean for new people playing the game to be able to easily find answers to questions they may have, rather than having to scroll past 20 pages of people asking/complaining/making fun of updates/delays.

even this explanation of why things are getting marked OT will probably get deleted as OT
For new Waifu Academy players there are search functions if they want to get help with something. And we all know that new players generally don't even use that, and even if there was an answer to their question on the last page, they will not see it.

If they want to discuss their experiences, they can still do it, there being less pages doesn't make a difference, it's not likely new players will start going through pages anyway. There's no way that'll ever happen.

If there are people who attack new players and mock their positive experiences with this game, I can understand removing those posts (Though joking about the newbie being there for a rude awakening should be ok, as long as insults don't fly at the newbie). The newbie also isn't a child, and having someone mention that "Great you could join us, I hope you will be OK with there's no more new content coming up, the only updates we get from this dev are new release dates" might save that newbie a pretty penny.

And lets not forget that this game will likely not have a new update releasing any time soon (Or I guess if it will release, it will have content that some other dev could put together in a month), the only entertainment that Waifu Academy is able to consistently provide is this thread. I have seen so many interesting posts on this thread, and losing them to the "removal wave" is a loss for the entirety of humanity.. Or at least the "Waifu Academy Community".

Can't wait for the update though, I will likely play the shit out of it once it releases! It will be a glorious 20 minutes to look forward to!

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
I really don't understand why so many people feel "entitled" to updates. I imagine a lot of the angry/impatient people are folks that have invested no money into the game or the development and are just angry that they don't have an updated game to play that they like.

The people that SHOULD be annoyed are the folks that have invested significantly in the development, yet for some reason many of them are seemingly eternally patient with the dev, which I certainly don't understand. But the freeloaders? Just shut up and sit on your hands. Go play something else. It's not like there are financial implications for you
This kind of mindset is very interesting to me, would you say the same things of people giving positive opinions?

Of course you wouldn't, the opinions of "freeloaders" (ironic considering that you are just as much a pirate as any of us) are perfectly relevant and good when they're praising the dev. But the moment the opinions of pirates become negative then piracy suddenly becomes a terrible character flaw that erases all justification for contempt regardless of how deserved it is or isn't.

It's oh so convenient.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes