ermousa

Dec 17, 2018
Does he not mean proof reading?
maybe Irph do scenes first before making the script? thats why Irph having a ridiculous time to put together and taking so long, how the heck to script to get scenes... HAHAHA I don't know man I just connecting de dots...

• Haha
Reactions: Reese286

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
As this is true, we are screwed. The script is the backbone of a whole story and without it the rest is not done. I am not an expert but in the three years that I have been attending Image and Sound classes we always start with the script and it is the first thing that is sent to it to give it a go-ahead. Come on, he hasn't done anything as long as that message is true. Another thing, in a script each page equals one minute. So the next update will be 50 minutes and they've done 30? And I could continue talking but it's absurd. This project looks worse and worse.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
As this is true, we are screwed. The script is the backbone of a whole story and without it the rest is not done. I am not an expert but in the three years that I have been attending Image and Sound classes we always start with the script and it is the first thing that is sent to it to give it a go-ahead. Come on, he hasn't done anything as long as that message is true. Another thing, in a script each page equals one minute. So the next update will be 50 minutes and they've done 30? And I could continue talking but it's absurd. This project looks worse and worse.
Proof reading man. Proof reading. Vash is the editor.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
maybe Irph do scenes first before making the script? thats why Irph having a ridiculous time to put together and taking so long, how the heck to script to get scenes... HAHAHA I don't know man I just connecting de dots...
Feb. 15
Storyboard jumped from 130 to 150% (after I added a full event mid day and another one during night.)
-3D rendering and Animation 90% (Only one scene left.)
-Dialogue 70% (the first day and night are finished, also a major party is already in readback. )
-Scripting 60% (It progress the same pace as writing so both will be finished together.)
-Feature 80% (Chie and other Bees worked and fixed the bug you reported from the UI update... The Gallery will also be a lot more practicable.)
-Sound/Music 65% (I'm gathering sample, I have a library so it's not what that takes me the most time.)
-Proofreading/Beta testing 30%
Yep the script seems the last thing he does....however that works :WaitWhat:

Does he not mean proof reading?
As u can see he's proof reading for quite a while now

Reactions: Reese286

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
patreon should automatically pause and/or refund your ENTIRE patron list if you go an entire month without even posting on said-patreon - - Irph hasn't even made a post on his pat for over a month, not even a "hey, i'm still alive, working on this game, no idea what's going on" absolutely nothing, not even a middle finger
Irph is very active on discord. Patreon doesn't really like WA for obvious reasons (incest and rape) so officaly his patreon is for his next game Waifu Hunter. Not sure why patreon would throw away money. Patrons decided to fund the project or not based on what ever information they want to use.

If you'd like more information on the status of updates, hang out in discord. You'll also see preview pictures and story brain storming.

alexiddd

Nov 5, 2017
Sigh, from my summary, this is how he work
1) he came out with a rough storyboard in his mind
2) did the scenes
3) Add in dialogs and scripts in VN
4) scripts to Vash for translation and proofreading
5) pump the scripts into VN for final testing

Therefore, his project do not have parallel workflow (translation and scene making),
and when he is waiting for the translation, he tends to look back to his scenes,
AND will come up with new ideas, a.k.a. doing the (2) - (4) again and again...

:confused:

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
If the "on-hold" tag or "abandoned" tags do not apply here, then you are missing a tag that describes this game's current state.

There needs to be a tag for this kind of situation because it's not an uncommon one.

The simbro team also continued to say that a new version was coming right up right until the moment they "went dark" AKA collapsed under the mountain of their own ineptitude. They never announced that the game was on hold. They never announced that the game was abandoned. Despite that, the game was marked as on hold, and then later abandoned, even as the developers continued to say that updates were coming. Probably because they didn't have friends here.

If you refuse to apply 'on-hold', how about a new tag that gets applied when a game creator fails to hit multiple successive release deadlines?

I recommend: "Delayed" "Delayed x2" followed by "Perma-Delayed"

Last edited:

generalchilled

Jan 1, 2018
If the "on-hold" tag or "abandoned" tags do not apply here, then you are missing a tag that describes this game's current state.

There needs to be a tag for this kind of situation.

The simbro team also continued to say that a new version was coming right up right until the moment they "went dark" AKA collapsed under the mountain of their own ineptitude. Despite that, the game was marked as on hold even as the developers continued to say that updates were coming. Probably because they didn't have friends here.

If you refuse to apply 'on-hold', how about a new tag that gets applied when a game creator fails to hit multiple successive release deadlines?

I recommend: "Perma-Delayed"
Agreed. At this point, we're like 4 months away from being a full year without updates.

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
Agreed. At this point, we're like 4 months away from being a full year without updates.
I don't think the specific amount of time matters so much as the repeated pattern of soaring past declared deadlines. Different developers go at different speeds. However, repeatedly missing self-imposed deadlines generally implies some sort of trouble with either the product or the development team.

In the case of Simbro it was the code base, they wouldn't admit it, but the code was a mess, and the had lost the staff who had the skill to enable them to keep releasing functional updates.

Here it's... I'm not sure what. But if you miss 3 deadlines that you announced yourself, then there are clearly problems. We were days away from a release literally months ago. Then that turned into a two week delay, and those two weeks turned into a month or more. That cycle has repeated multiple times.

If a release actually manifests at some point, then, at that point, remove the tag. But right now there should be a tag of some kind.

Last edited:

TendreConnard

Mar 12, 2018
Here it's... I'm not sure what. But if you miss 3 deadlines that you announced yourself, then there are clearly problems. We were days away from a release literally months ago. Then that turned into a two week delay, and those two weeks turned into a month or more. That cycle has repeated multiple times.
I think the issue is just that Irphaeus is really bad at estimating how much time the tasks at hand will take

4.10 star(s) 265 Votes