milicien

May 23, 2019
Ok, so about the waifu hunter (which is not from steam) it was actually a coincidence (check the patreon for more details).
The dev Irphaeus is actually making both rn that's why the updates were really slow.
He doesn't want us to know about the current status of the new game but I heard that he's releasing it after he finish making the waifu hunter game.
It was supposed to be a surprise but thank me for spoiling it
He's being super slow because he has no reason to release updates more frequently. Look on graphteon the stats of his patreon. He has barely lost patrons in 2020. At the moment I post this message he actually has reached his all time high patron count with 1406 patrons. Last time he showed his revenues he made about $7 par patron. Since the number has decreased since he had his first patron (it was about $9 at the beginning) I think it's lower than $7, maybe something like $5 per patron. Even if we consider that all his patron pay $3 it would be about 1406*3=4218 and minus Patreon's cut (5%) so about $4000.
This is assuming that every patron pays $3 of coruse, I think adding 50% more would be closer to reality.

Anyway the fact that Iphraeus is making more than $4000 releasing barely any content isn't going to convince him to be faster.
If he's smart he probably has several updates in stock that are going to be released parsimoniously when he sees that the patron count has decreased too much. In the mean time he can work as a freelancer on other projects to make more money.

Considering that his patron count is better than ever I wouldn't expect more than one update this year.
Still, Iphraeus is a small player compared to ICSTOR. That dude is probably making $40k per month (last time we could see it's earnings it was $11k with 1400 patrons imagine now with 7000) and his game isn't anything special.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max...

fearjam

May 5, 2019
He's being super slow because he has no reason to release updates more frequently.
It's absolutely this. I hope people stop being patrons blindly... You patronize someone because they're worth it and show that they care and are putting effort into it. I've hardly seen anything from him showing he cares about the game and the people playing it.
It's like pre-ordering games. You don't do it when the creator of the games showed they stopped caring about anything but money. If Irph cared about the game, he'd be posting weekly progress updates showing us what he did for the week and hyping us up for new content.

When he does work on the game, he does amazing work - but I don't think he gives a damn anymore.

CrioGenix

Jul 20, 2019
Just played it and i loved it, has a interesting plot, a good written mc, nice characters and hilarious moments, but seeing this thread is sad that this is another one of those cases were the dev gets too comfortable with the patreon money and just stalls patreon money for as long as he can without really working hard in the game

soso07

Jul 26, 2020
im kinda confused it say i have version 0.8.0b but game finish on version 0.8.0a ?i miss something? nvm i just read changelog game actually is 0.8.0a :)

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
May i suggest you to try lessons in love my refined gentleman? I could not be your cup of tea being a koikatsu game and it gets very existencial sometimes it is no good for a quick fap but as far as writting goes i think is one of the best here
Sure, i will find the time to give it a look. I love a quick fap as any other guy... But the good writting its highly appreciated

Swazdula

Apr 1, 2019
I think there might be some confusion here - Waifu Hunter is a game that has been around on Steam since 2018, so definitely not a new creation of his. If Irphaeus is working on it, i surmise that is most probably as a freelancer/wage slave.
Judging by his Patreon post regarding that game, they only share the name, art style and direction are vastly different compared to the steam game

longxa762

Mar 24, 2017
So the ETA:
Update 0.9.1a: 1 day half of gameplay
-Storyboard: 100%
-3D and animation rendering: 95%
-Dialogue: 75%
-Scripting: 80%
-Feature: 80%
-Sound/Music: 65%
-Proofreading/Beta testing: 20%

To be more clear, the overhall progress is around 90%, The update still need a week for me to write dialogue here and there, then the proof reading will takes another week(it`s still ~200pages), then 3-4 days to add feature/music and a last day to beta test everything up.
The update will obviously feel shorter that the previous one since it`s now in two parts, But you`ll have another update coming way shorter after then ^^
I took this decision because I don`t want to makes you wait again and again, thanks to my inability at handling a shedule/deadline. not by lazyness but by will of perfection for more work, still that not an excuse.
Thanks for your support and trust! I can`t wait for you to play the next update, you`ll love it!
Irphaeus.
So from the last update of last month, nothing has changed, even after splitting the update in half. He is still writing dialogue even when it's at 75%(if only it's real)

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
So from the last update of last month, nothing has changed, even after splitting the update in half. He is still writing dialogue even when it's at 75%(if only it's real)
Well he also needs to let his 200 pages proofread for a week at least 5-6 times each update...:LOL:

Reactions: Mirnation

Pedro69

Jun 26, 2018
Well he also needs to let his 200 pages proofread for a week at least 5-6 times each update...:LOL:
I'd rather have it proof read by someone who speaks English as their primary language then this game end up like some I have played with very broken English.

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
Well, I've been through here after a while. What's going on? There is supposed to be an update for summer 2020. We are almost to February 2021 and nothing.
The meme of 1 time every year has already been fulfilled.
What I do know is that there is no reason to follow this game, there is a clear case of demotivation and lack of incentives on the part of the author, as well as a faithful community.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 267 Votes