Max...

Oct 20, 2018
I was following him through Patreon for a whole year from 2018 to 2019 Sep, and he was posting the update of the game every 2 months. However, after the 2019, the game became 4 months an update, and then 6 months an update. now, the time gap between each update became longer and longer. I believe the people, who is following him right now, thinks they could get "the loyalty package", but the condition is "after the game finish". I stop following him because I know he would never finish the game with this paces. I asked him, "when could he finish the game", he answered "waifu academy has 4 updates left" and "he may able to post the waifu hunter near 2020 Fall". it seems none of those goals met. Yet, I still hope he could continue the game updates of waifu academy. Since now he has over 1400 patreons following him, he should hire a new programmer to help him up the speed. That is what he promised on the Patreon page, and I hope he could make his promise and speed up the game update.

Reactions: Banish and User327

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
It is, just googled it. Now he have the whole two projects to mismanage. Yay.
I think there might be some confusion here - Waifu Hunter is a game that has been around on Steam since 2018, so definitely not a new creation of his. If Irphaeus is working on it, i surmise that is most probably as a freelancer/wage slave.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I think there might be some confusion here - Waifu Hunter is a game that has been around on Steam since 2018, so definitely not a new creation of his. If Irphaeus is working on it, i surmise that is most probably as a freelancer/wage slave.
Hm, I think you're correct. What have Irphaeus been doing all this time then?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Are u sure u mean the same game ?
There is a Waifu Hunter game on steam since 2018 but that doesn't look even remotely like the one Irph is making on his patreon (also since 2018 thought)...

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Are u sure u mean the same game ?
There is a Waifu Hunter game on steam since 2018 but that doesn't look even remotely like the one Irph is making on his patreon (also since 2018 thought)...
I know, it's confusing. He mentioned that he was writing for this game for 2 weeks or something like that, so maybe the pics he posted were kind of a fanart.

• Sad
Reactions: Kamip

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Does anyone in this thread actually paying this guy and goes to his discord? I'd like to know as well.
I'm in the discord and a couple days ago he said he was finishing up a script. A month ago he posted his progress and said that it'd take a week to finish dialogue, another week for proofreading, and another week for sound and beta testing so if he just finished the script then we probably have another month at least.

Reactions: akselx

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
I'm in the discord and a couple days ago he said he was finishing up a script. A month ago he posted his progress and said that it'd take a week to finish dialogue, another week for proofreading, and another week for sound and beta testing so if he just finished the script then we probably have another month at least.
We talking the discord that's in the signature in the first page or a different one? Cause I'd like to keep updated as well.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I know, it's confusing. He mentioned that he was writing for this game for 2 weeks or something like that, so maybe the pics he posted were kind of a fanart.
I think he did cite his art was for a Halloween special or something, no?

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
We talking the discord that's in the signature in the first page or a different one? Cause I'd like to keep updated as well.
No it's the one from his patreon. I think you have to pay at least $3 to get access since I couldn't find a free way to do it. I've been in it for a month and don't think it's worth it. Since I joined it just seems like he goes back and forth on dialogue and renders. Like he says he's done with renders then he goes to dialogue then he realizes he wants to improve some renders then goes back to dialogue. All the important updates seem to get posted here so I'd just watch this thread instead of joining the discord

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
No it's the one from his patreon. I think you have to pay at least $3 to get access since I couldn't find a free way to do it. I've been in it for a month and don't think it's worth it. Since I joined it just seems like he goes back and forth on dialogue and renders. Like he says he's done with renders then he goes to dialogue then he realizes he wants to improve some renders then goes back to dialogue. All the important updates seem to get posted here so I'd just watch this thread instead of joining the discord
Glad to know that. I always wondered what the actual discord was like.

Reactions: longsuper1

Lisse and Amy

Jan 12, 2021
Ok, so about the waifu hunter (which is not from steam) it was actually a coincidence (check the patreon for more details).
The dev Irphaeus is actually making both rn that's why the updates were really slow.
He doesn't want us to know about the current status of the new game but I heard that he's releasing it after he finish making the waifu hunter game.
It was supposed to be a surprise but thank me for spoiling it

Richpry69

Aug 9, 2017
Ok, so about the waifu hunter (which is not from steam) it was actually a coincidence (check the patreon for more details).
The dev Irphaeus is actually making both rn that's why the updates were really slow.
He doesn't want us to know about the current status of the new game but I heard that he's releasing it after he finish making the waifu hunter game.
It was supposed to be a surprise but thank me for spoiling it
You are setting yourself up for supreme disappointment if you think he's working on 2 games at once. He's mentioned it twice in the past year when it got announced almost 3 years ago.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes