Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
What is supposed to have changed from version 0.9.0 to 0.9.4? I just started the game and everything remains the same.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
Irphaeus I really enjoyed this update, with reading the story and going down the rabbit hole with all the crazy side paths with the dialogue. In particular, messing with Yoko through her apartment intercom was hilarious, and I appreciated how there wasn't a 'time penalty' for doing stuff like that. Story content continues to be sharp, witty, funny, erotic, and intelligent.

That being said, there are technical issues that have to be addressed.

Something on the minor end that is rare for Irphaeus' work is when MC takes the good karma path with Keiko and then takes the neutral path with Yoko, he speaks like he'd taken Keiko's bad karma path and that's the reason he won't use the potion on Yoko, rather then saying "I don't need no potion to do this." I have not looked into the script as of this post, but it breaks story immersion, and if not fixed it could mess up things down the road.

The major, glaring thing is save compatibility. This update (v0.9.4a) and the previous two updates have had save load errors that can often set players to the nearest, most stable scene if they're lucky. Otherwise, they have to go through their saves to find one, and if you are not a near-obsessive save maker like me (I make a point to make at least one save per unique render, unless there's info dialogue I feel is important to be able to jump back to) this can set back your progress by several scenarios. I've already posted here previously that I had a hell of a time finding a working save to continue forward with the previous update. There are a few earlier scene replays that don't work, which include in particular, for me, Catherine's first scene.

I've even noticed issues in this update with rolling back with the mouse wheel and being unable to roll forward to the last dialogue that was seen, and the dialogue history is not working for the update content. Currently, even going back through your saves and updating them to the latest update is no guarantee that all those individual saves with work in the next update. This is a WIP, but at this stage, after so long, save compatibility is expected to be reasonably solid. I can't possibly imagine that Irphaeus' patreons have not noticed this and said nothing to the dev.

TLDR: Story continues to be stellar, but technical errors that need fixing are dragging the game down.

Last edited:

Tk Senpai

Oct 4, 2018
Needs more milfy mom content. Only penetration scene was when he replaces her dildo on the bathroom wall. However, that was many years ago now... "Me" Still patiently waiting.......................................................................

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
There is a very serious problem in this game, (spoiler alert), when you are on the train and you can let the annoying reporter get raped after one of the rapists tells you to join them, the game does not let me advance, I had to prevent the girl from being raped in order to continue playing since I get a message saying that I have reached the maximum level of karma and that in the future update I will be able to continue down that path, someone knows if it can be solved because I already know has updated to 0.9.4 and remains the same ...

• Haha
Reactions: riserser

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
There is a very serious problem in this game, (spoiler alert), when you are on the train and you can let the annoying reporter get raped after one of the rapists tells you to join them, the game does not let me advance, I had to prevent the girl from being raped in order to continue playing since I get a message saying that I have reached the maximum level of karma and that in the future update I will be able to continue down that path, someone knows if it can be solved because I already know has updated to 0.9.4 and remains the same ...
I am not sure if game is the one that has serious problem here.

Aug 9, 2018

Let me just rip off all the band aids for you-

1. There is no choice in this game, and no alternate paths. There are many, many "locked" or "joke"choices or paths that "will be added later" but it's been like 5 years and he would basically have to remake the whole game to go back and actually add in those paths.

2. That reporter bitch is going to somehow become even more annoying, and she's still not anywhere close to the most annoying character in the game.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Kogechan

Jul 7, 2020
I've updated my mod for v0.9.4a

Waifu Academy - Walkthrough & Improvements Mod

If you don't want to use someone else's save and you're playing on PC or Mac, you can use the mod and start a new game and the mod will give you the option to skip straight to the new 0.9.4 content.
Thanks! I honestly can't play this game without your mod anymore. Getting someone else's save to play a new patch or whatever, it's all just annoying. This is exactly what I needed.

4.10 star(s) 267 Votes