illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
is there a compressed version for current update ?
You have been a user on this website for 3 fucking years and you still don't understand how to search, huh? Top right. "compressed"

How you didn't figure that out by yourself is beyond me, but your name should be "Iamstupid" instead. Like every fucking one of your posts is you asking for compressed versions in threads that already have a compressed version if you just learned how to type in the top right box "compressed" and look for yourself
3 Fucking years. No excuses.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
It's for free. Just go and get it.
If it was only for Patreons, they would be violating the agreement with Patreon. Patreon has banned Irphaeus because the game is against the rules. That's why they have a new account.
Just go on their Discord. If the server isn't open for you because you aren't a Patreon, it would be a proof this game is linked to being a Patreon which means they're violating the agreement they've with Patreon.
What are you talking about? The game is not free on the Discord server and there is no agreement with Patreon or a new account. If I remember correctly from the discussion in Discord, the last time Patreon put the page under review was because they didn't like that pirate sites linked to the Patreon page. Irph explained to them that he has no control over third party sites and so they just changed the URL to the page. I've seen it happen with another game too. He was never banned.

As for the update being available in the Discord server, it should be, but I no longer have access to download it as I'm not a Patreon supporter. I supported the game a while back, but never left the server. I can still get in to see the general discussion channels, I just lost access to those locked behind support.

I think you may be confusing the fact that the title of the Patreon post is "Update!! Waifu run FREE!!!", but that doesn't mean the game is freely available from the official source.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
What are you talking about? The game is not free on the Discord server and there is no agreement with Patreon or a new account.
Oh, Irphaeus lied again? This time about the ban from Patreon and have to give away the game for free? Hmm... why do all the people think this dude is a notorious liar and full of shit, I wonder? Could it be because he's lying about everything?

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
Oh, Irphaeus lied again? This time about the ban from Patreon and have to give away the game for free? Hmm... why do all the people think this dude is a notorious liar and full of shit, I wonder? Could it be because he's lying about everything?
I'm confused. Where/When did he ever say he was banned and/or that he was giving away the game for free? The posts I see on the Patreon page mention nothing of that, just that the page was under review, the URL and banner image was changed, and some posts where he complained that a lot of people had dropped support to just follow him (What Patreon calls a "Free Subscription" now). He said this in one of those posts: "For the foreseeable future, Wallpapers, Polls and Releases will only be available for Supporter tier and above. However, everyone will still get all the news about updates, and events, so that no one is left out of the loop."

Not trying to say that he hasn't lied in the past, but unless you have some other source of news from him, I have to believe that you just misunderstood what he said.

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
so how did irphaeus fuck us over with the "karma"? last time i played it was finally implemented with that stupid... honey bee(?) event, and locked us from picking one of the girls, for some stupid ass reason... and the real punishment that shouild have been tied to karma but wasn't was still inflicted upon us as we had to watch otaku get off with the sister. yeah, because of that last bit my expectations are rock bottom in regards to "karma".

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
I don't know anything about the Irphaeus vs Patreaon situation, and frankly don't care.

What I can tell you is that Irphaeus has to give the game away for free. Honey Select, HS2, Koikatsu and any other Illusion game are sold as games and not as content creation tools or assets. That's why you never see these VNs for sale on Steam or other sites. Patreon is a grey area in that you technically are not buying any games but supporting an artist creating content. But that loophole only works if everyone has access to it. For HS games, technically, you are creating fan art. If your HS fan art is behind a paywall that can only be accessed by paying for it then the loophole falls apart because you are now making people pay for art assets that belong only to Illusion. The staggered release dates is another loophole that creators use to encourage others to pay more for their work. But in the end, all games created with any of Illusion's software is ultimately free to the general public (well technically, it all belongs to Illusion but I don't think we'll see them trying to collect). If you want to actually own your own work that others are obligated to pay for, you need to use DAZ, Blender or any other tool that was created for that purpose.

Reactions: JLucci

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
so how did irphaeus fuck us over with the "karma"? last time i played it was finally implemented with that stupid... honey bee(?) event, and locked us from picking one of the girls, for some stupid ass reason... and the real punishment that shouild have been tied to karma but wasn't was still inflicted upon us as we had to watch otaku get off with the sister. yeah, because of that last bit my expectations are rock bottom in regards to "karma".

The Karma points are now being tracked, but still have not been implemented in any meaningful way.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
I don't know anything about the Irphaeus vs Patreaon situation, and frankly don't care.

What I can tell you is that Irphaeus has to give the game away for free. Honey Select, HS2, Koikatsu and any other Illusion game are sold as games and not as content creation tools or assets. That's why you never see these VNs for sale on Steam or other sites. Patreon is a grey area in that you technically are not buying any games but supporting an artist creating content. But that loophole only works if everyone has access to it. For HS games, technically, you are creating fan art. If your HS fan art is behind a paywall that can only be accessed by paying for it then the loophole falls apart because you are now making people pay for art assets that belong only to Illusion. The staggered release dates is another loophole that creators use to encourage others to pay more for their work. But in the end, all games created with any of Illusion's software is ultimately free to the general public (well technically, it all belongs to Illusion but I don't think we'll see them trying to collect). If you want to actually own your own work that others are obligated to pay for, you need to use DAZ, Blender or any other tool that was created for that purpose.
I agree, but I think the mindset is that its still in "early access" and as long as the final release is free then its fair game. Not that I'd really expect this to ever be completed.

Also, Illusion is gone so its whoever how has rights to their IP that would have to care.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Also, Illusion is gone so its whoever how has rights to their IP that would have to care.
That's very true. I've read comments that suggest that nobody owns the software anymore but that's not how it works. Whoever owned Illusion in the first place would still own the IP even if the company closed down. They have shown little interest in what the rest of the world is doing with their software except one press release a few years ago that reminded people that their games are not meant for creating other games.

4.10 star(s) 268 Votes