blackmasha

Jun 21, 2018
I don't think the specific amount of time matters so much as the repeated pattern of soaring past declared deadlines. Different developers go at different speeds. However, repeatedly missing self-imposed deadlines generally implies some sort of trouble with either the product or the development team.

In the case of Simbro it was the code base, they wouldn't admit it, but the code was a mess, and the had lost the staff who had the skill to enable them to keep releasing functional updates.

Here it's... I'm not sure what. But if you miss 3 deadlines that you announced yourself, then there are clearly problems. We were days away from a release literally months ago. Then that turned into a two week delay, and those two weeks turned into a month or more. That cycle has repeated multiple times.

If a release actually manifests at some point, then, at that point, remove the tag. But right now there should be a tag of some kind.
honestly after 2 months every game should have an "abandoned" or "on hold" tag on it. if a game is being paid for by fans on patron or something then a person simply can't allow himself to take 2 months off work. the people complaining here is either because they are upsad the game isn't being updated (despite being free, you know how people get) or that this game at this point is a scam. because people might still go to Patron and give this guy money for no updates for a year, and we both know that it's gonna be no updates for an entire year soon enough anyway.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I think the issue is just that Irphaeus is really bad at estimating how much time the tasks at hand will take
By all means he says 1 or 2 weeks since two months, after nearly 7 months of delaying in total, that has nothing to with being bad at estimating time anymore.
Also he develops this game since the middle of 2017 if i remember correct, and it's only since the last three updates (0.8 included) that this delay bs started...befor that he had a regular shedule.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
honestly after 2 months every game should have an "abandoned" or "on hold" tag on it. if a game is being paid for by fans on patron or something then a person simply can't allow himself to take 2 months off work. the people complaining here is either because they are upsad the game isn't being updated (despite being free, you know how people get) or that this game at this point is a scam. because people might still go to Patron and give this guy money for no updates for a year, and we both know that it's gonna be no updates for an entire year soon enough anyway.
That is nonsense, there are several of the better games, which have a regular release schedules of 3-4 months, which is known by the patrons and the people here too. And even more games which have 2 months schedules.
Good games with high quality need time to make , if a update takes longer than 2 months that doesn't mean that the dev's are slacking off.

Of course there are games like this where the 'on hold' tag would be justified after all these delays and broken promises.

Edit:
as ntentacle explained in detail, there are many factores when it cames to development time.

The 'on hold' & 'abonded' tag should be used if there is no update for a long period of time like >6 months 'on hold', >9 month 'abonded' and removing the tag if there is an actual update and not just becouse the dev claims he works on it.

Last edited:

ntentacle

May 19, 2017
I disagree. It depends entirely on the game in question, the art style, medium, and number of staff members working on it. Also this assumes that their game is their primary source of income. If it isn't, being expected to release a significant content update every 2 months would be absurd.

I would give a lone developer more leeway in having a long gap between releases. Similarly, I would give someone working with pixel art or CGs, who has to draw each new image, more leeway than someone working with 3d graphics where, once the model is created, it can be posed, animated, lighting rearranged, whatever else you want, and then rendered.

I would give less leeway still for someone who wasn't actually doing 3d modelling and instead were... say... screen-shotting/recording Honey Select, where as far as I know there are no actual render times involved and the animations come from Honey Select.

In any case, I think the real concerning issue here is the track record of promising releases and then repeatedly breaking those promises. If a developer makes promises as to specific deliverables and then repeatedly fails to deliver the goods, there should be some tag which describes that.

As I said, for other titles in the past they used "on hold" when this has occurred. For whatever reason they refuse to do that here.

Since it has been explained why they will not use "on hold" let's make a new, better, more descriptive tag and then use that instead.

"Delayed" would be a start.

Last edited:

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
I don't even know why it had to happen to this game out of all. WHY!? The Dev is also so shameless the way he addresses the delays and never apologizes for it... it infuriates me. I hope everything gets better soon with the delays and this game becomes stable again.

Digitaler

May 4, 2017
I don't even know why it had to happen to this game out of all. WHY!? The Dev is also so shameless the way he addresses the delays and never apologizes for it... it infuriates me. I hope everything gets better soon with the delays and this game becomes stable again.
that's not the first time with delays,similiar thing happened last spring,but now it's a whole new level of crap

Reactions: h4mch1k

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
yeah games pretty much dead. if only adult game developers had the work cycle as eichiro oda.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
that's not the first time with delays,similiar thing happened last spring,but now it's a whole new level of crap
yep that's when i pulled my Pledge to his Patreon and received abuse from his squad of lovers for daring to call him out on multiple platforms but hey the sixth sense must have been working at the time as i saved my self a whole bunch of cash and pledged to devs that deserve it by giving regular updates. But i have heard the update only a few days away he just got to add more stuff :rolleyes:

BTungsteno

Jul 10, 2019
Is his english as bad as my english that Vash needs some much time to proofread?

I could understand if he's rendering in a potato 2000 and the scenes are the missing pieces but one would expect that things done by others will be faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: theultragaydude

Digitaler

May 4, 2017
yep that's when i pulled my Pledge to his Patreon and received abuse from his squad of lovers for daring to call him out on multiple platforms but hey the sixth sense must have been working at the time as i saved my self a whole bunch of cash and pledged to devs that deserve it by giving regular updates. But i have heard the update only a few days away he just got to add more stuff :rolleyes:
It's magic,he managed to house a few months in his few days promises.We all see here his excuses since october-november(can't remeber exact day,sorry) Maybe situation in his is discord different and he keep patrons informed with daily progress reports about insignificant stuff,but valuable enough to keep people intersted.But I don't hold much hope to see this update in a few days,his proofreader will probably cause another delay.

Reactions: witteb
4.10 star(s) 264 Votes