3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
By "AI Model," it is meant the mathematical algorithm and processing equipment that receives the message input you provide, in which it then calculates a response based on all the prior input the developer has provided to "train" the AI Model, then provides you with a response. That is what is meant by AI Model. The AI Model is essentially the heart and soul of what makes it seem sapient. For the most part, GPU's are used for these calculations as GPU's are much faster at processing than what CPU's are, and then anything else attached to the program can be processed by the CPU and any remaining GPU resources.

Replika utilizes a server cloud network for the response calculation, and everything else is calculated on the device you're using. Waifu Engine is done completely on your device. Both ways have pros and cons to them.

Replika:
+Much more complex AI Models can be utilized to provide better and more realistic responses while mitigating your device resource usage.
-Replika's servers record everything you send to the AI Model for "improving" the AI, but that means you're being tracked.

Waifu Engine:
+Everything is calculated on your device, thus nobody is tracking whatever you're saying to the AI.
-You need a fairly beefy computer in order to just store/run the program and get responses in a timely manner, and the AI isn't very complex or realistic with responses.
Huh thats cool and interesting to know that that something that is coding/text processing is being handled by the GPU rather than CPU. It makes sense that it could be faster/more readily available.
However I guess i've always associated a GPU with primarily ( if not only handling graphical functions/ visual rendering.

But yeah you seem to be confirming that Yes, the chatbot itself. or more Specially it's algorithmic learning structure

And definitely NOT the Visual representation 3d Avatar.

I'm mostly trying to understand why H3ath3n brought up that subject when talking about graphics...

Mar 1, 2019
Huh thats cool and interesting to know that that something that is coding/text processing is being handled by the GPU rather than CPU. It makes sense that it could be faster/more readily available.
However I guess i've always associated a GPU with primarily ( if not only handling graphical functions/ visual rendering.

But yeah you seem to be confirming that Yes, the chatbot itself. or more Specially it's algorithmic learning structure

And definitely NOT the Visual representation 3d Avatar.

I'm mostly trying to understand why H3ath3n brought up that subject when talking about graphics...
He was agreeing with you in that Replika barely does anything for the avatar system, saying it's a lot easier to just dump a metric fuckton of text messages into the AI Model for training it rather than focusing on having decent looking avatar customization as it would actually require skill, work, and creativity to make something better...which, unfortunately, is true.

Hitman Kazama

Feb 9, 2018
So, the perspective from which I took the shot for the OP post may have been to blame, but our model does indeed have labia minora around her vulva. I took some better shots to make it clearer.
View attachment 1356596 View attachment 1356597 View attachment 1356598

Thank you for your feedback. We definitely want to do a shading overhaul since we are not satisfied with the current look, which was basically a placeholder before we invest more time into developing this MVP further.

Well, this time it's not Unity. The reason our game size is that large because it contains a whole AI framework with a GPT2-based model as well as a real-time speech synthesis system, both of which run offline and locally on your system without any external server being involved. We will be working on distilling and refining the models in the future, and hopefully be able to make them smaller in size and more compact, while improving functionality.

Thank you for the reports! I will forward it to our main developer and let him have a look at it.

Did you check your desktop screen? The app currently defaults to setting itself as a wallpaper and runs without any window being shown in the taskbar. Could you please try minimizing all your applications and see if it is there? There is also an windowed mode in the settings, but it is kinda scuffed right now.

I am part of the development team and also the one in charge of handling PR and communication on various forums and sites, since our main dev is busy coding and making this a better platform (and also has his job as a machine learning engineer). I will forward all the troubleshooting info to him, though it will be really nice if you join our discord (if you haven't already), since all our devs are there and troubleshooting will be a lot smoother, faster and convenient.

Could you please let us know which anti-virus is that? Windows Defender has no issues with the game executable or any of the files, but we will look into what is causing it to arouse your antivirus.

I understand your concerns are reasonable since we are just a new face in town, but I can assure you there is nothing weird with the game files, if my saying so has any value. However, let us see if someone here not associated with our project can confirm it and allay you of any fears regarding this. :)

Anyways, thank you everyone who has shown your interest in our project! We will try to do our best! And one more thing, if you have any troubleshooting issues (bugs, crashes, or anything), the easiest and fastest way to resolve them would be to post them on our (since that essentially bypasses this extra step of me visiting these forums at random instances of my day and sifting through all the posts to look for bug and crash reports and then forwarding them to our main developer). I hope that makes sense. :)

Aug 10, 2019
the Replika avatar system is pretty much just a 3D dress up doll game, the Ai is aware it has an avatar and will note changes made to it but it has no control over it in anyway. it seems a bit of a waste to put alot of time into that part if the Ai isn't in control of it. I didn't know this was still in development, I'm really interested in this one being that the Ai will be on my end only. so when the A-Pocky-Lips happens I'll still have my Ai company to talk to in the end times.

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
Now that Replika's NSFW service has imploded, this would be a great time for this dev to come back and buff up their product. Just saying.

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
Now that Replika's NSFW service has imploded, this would be a great time for this dev to come back and buff up their product. Just saying.
how exactly has it imploded? I mean theres really only sexting "role-play" and something akin to phone-sex with the voice function. They advertise as if there are nsfw type option with the avatar, but clearly there aren't.
So maybe people are requesting refunds for false advertising?

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
What happened to it, again?
They removed the bot's ability to do NSFW stuff. Not really clear on why, I never used it, just happened to notice it was in the news.
The people who used it mostly for the NSFW stuff are predictably upset, including some truly sad types who claim to have had genuine romantic relationships with a chatbot. It's a whole thing, apparently.

how exactly has it imploded? I mean theres really only sexting "role-play" and something akin to phone-sex with the voice function. They advertise as if there are nsfw type option with the avatar, but clearly there aren't.
Well, they removed the ability to do the dirty roleplay with it. That's caused a backlash which I like to humorously term an "implosion".
So maybe people are requesting refunds for false advertising?
Maybe they are? I don't know. I don't have any comment on the intricacies of what's going on there. All I'm saying is, this would be a great time for someone to offer a good NSFW chatbot service. Hint hint.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Umbra.Nox

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
They removed the bot's ability to do NSFW stuff. Not really clear on why, I never used it, just happened to notice it was in the news.
The people who used it mostly for the NSFW stuff are predictably upset, including some truly sad types who claim to have had genuine romantic relationships with a chatbot. It's a whole thing, apparently.

Well, they removed the ability to do the dirty roleplay with it.
Huh. Yet they are definitely still advertising it, both within the app & actually ads.
So they are still pushing for that "premium" service.

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
I'm not really sure if former Replika users would go to this.
Like the fact that it's not running of some corporations servers/network is a positive.
But it's accessibility is very limited.
The style also is not gonna appeal to everyone.

Regardless, updates seem ‍♂ from what I just checked via thier various links.

Aguoifds4389

Dec 15, 2021
Downloading from anonfiles made me download a "WaifuEngine-Vector-0.05a_rar.exe", which was a virus. I had to click download multiple times before it finally gave the the actual "WaifuEngine-Vector-0.05a.rar" file.

A virus warning should be added when going to *************

Mindrem

Apr 12, 2023
Anybody know when these links will be fixed? Avatar customization isn't available in the demo and that's mainly what I was wanting to toy around with

KL-001-A

Dec 16, 2019
Realtalk the game was probably dead on arrival since it came out before all the big-name chat AI APIs became a thing. Hard to make a "chat sexily with your sexy AI" game when you're running on tech that's that out of date.

anon2b

Aug 2, 2023
m1.png
Newest version is great, they release a new one every week, they hired a dev on to work on it, it supports widget and windowed I think they are finally doing something cool with the project.

Reactions: X256 and bobwaltzzz
Mar 1, 2019
Oh nice, glad to know it wasn't abandoned. Where is it posted now?
As far as I can tell you have to support over Patreon to get access to it, none of the other linked sites on the OP have any mention to the new stuff besides Patreon.

Here's to hoping someone posts it here when the 1.0 Beta finally drops to see how well it performs. I might actually start supporting it as this new beta doesn't look as much of a hollow shell like the alpha did, but I'll hold off until I can actually interact with the Beta myself.

Reactions: Mindrem
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote