3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

pauk123

Aug 4, 2018
The AI model generally is stupid as fuck.
She thinks my name is her name, she's a guy and everything is a The Big Lebowski reference.
With some right-wing extremist logic and reason I quickly managed to convince her she's a girl though.
View attachment 1357169
Even though I've only talked to her for a few minutes so far it was surprisingly fun.
Looking forward to newer versions with a better AI model.
She was just trolling you : LUL:

Reactions: Em Elle

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
Hmm...Someone developing an AI bot that is in the shape of a Waifu.

I wonder if she will have preferences for stuff.
I wonder if we can somewhat mold her personality, get her to behave in some way.

I also wonder if you can pull it off, a somewhat intelligent AI chatbot with a low overhead.

Em Elle

Aug 4, 2020
Hmm...Someone developing an AI bot that is in the shape of a Waifu.

I wonder if she will have preferences for stuff.
I wonder if we can somewhat mold her personality, get her to behave in some way.

I also wonder if you can pull it off, a somewhat intelligent AI chatbot with a low overhead.
It's possible we are building out the platform so we can scale out, we just fixed the speech synthesis issues recently.
We figured out how novel ai works and are building the tooling for it, so that we can have these nice things. Though more funding to speed this up would be nice. I estimate this might take ... about .... another year or two worth of updates if I work on this on weekends.

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
For the fact that it's a digital assistant concept, I really hope it's being worked on for and android version.

Also please, please give and alternative 3d nose option.

CrowInv

Sep 14, 2018
Does someone have a Dr1ve or t0rrent link to download this game? Mega is fast but really limited.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
So, is there anything to do with the demo other than rotate the model around? If not then this was a complete waste of a release, even on a tech demo level.
It's 5gb, so I couldn't download it anyway lol, but good to read other reviews to even further my no.

morbidpenguin

Nov 12, 2017
I want to be clear on this despite my review: I like the idea of this. And I really genuinely do hope it pans out and ends up being good. I just don't like the flawed release and execution. You need to have some content. There needs to be something enjoyable to toy around with. You can't just release what is essentially a character viewer that is devoid of features if you want people to potentially drop dosh on a patreon sub to help fund your product. Locking the actual early demo behind a paywall is a surefire recipe to get your game ignored, because even if we wwanna support it, money's fucking tight right now. Why else would we be on F95 perusing free content and demos?

You don't wanna give out too much for free. You want to encourage people to drop money, so yeah, you don't put everything in. But you gotta give F2P people something to convince them. The .05 alpha I DL'd and tried at the time I wrote this review is the equivalent of handing someone a chicken bone and saying "come buy hot wings at my restaurant". I look forward to an updated release with at least some level of AI interaction, because I feel that's the main selling point. Character creation/customization is a dime a dozen in games and apps. It's a feature that's expected, so I wouldn't bother using that as a
demo". But I imagine most are interested in chatting with an AI servant/toy. So let them play with it for a bit.

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
I want to be clear on this despite my review: I like the idea of this. And I really genuinely do hope it pans out and ends up being good. I just don't like the flawed release and execution. You need to have some content. There needs to be something enjoyable to toy around with. You can't just release what is essentially a character viewer that is devoid of features if you want people to potentially drop dosh on a patreon sub to help fund your product. Locking the actual early demo behind a paywall is a surefire recipe to get your game ignored, because even if we wwanna support it, money's fucking tight right now. Why else would we be on F95 perusing free content and demos?

You don't wanna give out too much for free. You want to encourage people to drop money, so yeah, you don't put everything in. But you gotta give F2P people something to convince them. The .05 alpha I DL'd and tried at the time I wrote this review is the equivalent of handing someone a chicken bone and saying "come buy hot wings at my restaurant". I look forward to an updated release with at least some level of AI interaction, because I feel that's the main selling point. Character creation/customization is a dime a dozen in games and apps. It's a feature that's expected, so I wouldn't bother using that as a
demo". But I imagine most are interested in chatting with an AI servant/toy. So let them play with it for a bit.
Judging by the previous responses in the thread, there is AI interaction. Not fully-featured and needs some work, but you can talk to the bot and it will talk back in a semi-coherent manner. Maybe there's a "start" button you've overlooked?

IDecaX

May 26, 2020
Antivirus pinged and completely removed the whole game from my system, welp, looked like fun, pinged as a IDP.Generic :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Mar 1, 2019
AVG Internet Security
Yeah, I've used AVG before in the past. AVG is one of the more false-flag happy AV software out there. You're going to have to set up whatever folder you put Waifu Engine in to be ignored by AVG otherwise it's just going to keep deleting it.

For the record, there's no malicious code in Waifu Engine. Have had the demo installed since August and no issues so far. You just need to make sure your computer will actually be able to handle the demo as you need both a beefy CPU and a decent amount of RAM.

For reference, I'm running an Intel i7-10750H CPU and 32GB of DDR4 RAM and can load the AI Messaging System in less than a second and get near immediate responses back from the AI.

Reactions: Imouto36

IDecaX

May 26, 2020
Yeah, I've used AVG before in the past. AVG is one of the more false-flag happy AV software out there. You're going to have to set up whatever folder you put Waifu Engine in to be ignored by AVG otherwise it's just going to keep deleting it.

For the record, there's no malicious code in Waifu Engine. Have had the demo installed since August and no issues so far. You just need to make sure your computer will actually be able to handle the demo as you need both a beefy CPU and a decent amount of RAM.

For reference, I'm running an Intel i7-10750H CPU and 32GB of DDR4 RAM and can load the AI Messaging System in less than a second and get near immediate responses back from the AI.
Are dual xeon 10 core (20cores total) and 90gb of ram enough? XD ive had koikatsu eating 32gb ram at once before it should handle this

• Wow
Reactions: hentailover97
Mar 1, 2019
Are dual xeon 10 core (20cores total) and 90gb of ram enough? XD ive had koikatsu eating 32gb ram at once before it should handle this
Your system is overkill. It'll run Waifu Engine with zero lag time, just take note that some of the interactive buttons (Namely activating the chat typing field) have some very small activation areas depending on how large you make the interaction menu. It might take a few minutes to actually get the text cursor active because of how small the area is to get the typing field to activate if you scale the interaction menu to as big as you can make it.

Also, if you intend on actually talking with the AI, just know the AI is still pretty generic with responses. It doesn't know it's supposed to be female, doesn't have a set age, any preferences, or any idea that it's even an AI. Again, this is still in an alpha state demo.

Reactions: wiwem71072
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote