3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Mr. Foreman

Mar 31, 2020
The AI model generally is stupid as fuck.
She thinks my name is her name, she's a guy and everything is a The Big Lebowski reference.
With some right-wing extremist logic and reason I quickly managed to convince her she's a girl though.
View attachment 1357169
Even though I've only talked to her for a few minutes so far it was surprisingly fun.
Looking forward to newer versions with a better AI model.
you call that extremist logic? knowing men are not women is very basic stuff

also by your own logic you're a right wing extremist

YeetnYolo

Dec 4, 2020
Two things:
1. Don't know how to navigate the outfit and background
2. what type of pugins and mods can i add? do any exist rn?

Hornyrhino89

Jan 26, 2019
GOFILES, and NOPY are dead links.
File to large to download in one shot for free MEGA account.
Anonfiles so slow it'll take 5~ish hours.

Please provide alternate link, such as Google... Thank you.

Reactions: Erunamo

bobcate

Jan 11, 2017
really need new download sources, i will not pay mega
Use Mega desktop app. When it reaches the quota, close the app, reset your router and continue.
Edit: I'm using v4.2.5. Newer version might prevent this.

Last edited:

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
Yes, there is! You just have to press the button showed below from the quickball menu. Alternatively, and much faster, you can just use the Esc key.
View attachment 1355910
The entire control scheme can also be seen when she is hidden. :)

Well, we will be very honest with you that in its current state, ours is probably nowhere near it (though that is for the users to judge). According to this , Replika have about 10.9 million USD in funding and a large team, whereas we are just a very small group of people who have been working on this as volunteers, with a patreon funding of less than 50 USD (as of my writing this post) and our main AI developer has spent about 50K CAD in development time on this project.

What we currently have is basically a MVP (minimum value product) so we can gauge the interest on this, however, we are eager to receive feedback from the community, since that is what motivates us to continue and keep working on this to make it like how we envisioned it. :)
Man it's crazy that Replika has so much financial backing and even though they are really pushing the "sexy avatar" and dress up thing for premium. They can't seem to give people avatar customization even comparable to Sim's 3 or the mobile Ver.
Or any game with character/avatar customization that's been around for the past decade.
They legit have 1 body type. No way to edit it, not even a range of body type options.
You can edit the face. That's it. And even that is fairly limited.
It wouldn't be such a ridiculous thing if the company was still putting effort into making the AI chat learning algorithms better. And most importantly the insanity of the "sexy pics" ads they push.

Like regardless of how many people think it's cringe, or pathetic to have interest in it.

If Replika had the avatar customization of say SIMs4(or even 3) the ads actually would work on me I think.
Even more so if the AI could learn to not just converse, but control the avatar model itself.
And hones

Reactions: TheH34th3n666

TheH34th3n666

Sep 4, 2020
Man it's crazy that Replika has so much financial backing and even though they are really pushing the "sexy avatar" and dress up thing for premium. They can't seem to give people avatar customization even comparable to Sim's 3 or the mobile Ver.
Or any game with character/avatar customization that's been around for the past decade.
They legit have 1 body type. No way to edit it, not even a range of body type options.
You can edit the face. That's it. And even that is fairly limited.
It wouldn't be such a ridiculous thing if the company was still putting effort into making the AI chat learning algorithms better. And most importantly the insanity of the "sexy pics" ads they push.

Like regardless of how many people think it's cringe, or pathetic to have interest in it.

If Replika had the avatar customization of say SIMs4(or even 3) the ads actually would work on me I think.
Even more so if the AI could learn to not just converse, but control the avatar model itself.
And hones
yeah, but customizable avatars actually take skill and effort, unlike training existing ai models, where all you have to do is rent a fuckton of gpus

UsagiSabita

Aug 10, 2017
the actual program that does all the ai stuff
So the ChatBot...
That has nothing to do 3d Avatar models though... and thats CPU not GPU based.
Are we talking about the same thing?
I feel like we aren't, Do you actually use Replika? Maybe are you thinking of the current trend of "AI art", and mistaking it the Avatar concept for that?

Mar 1, 2019
So the ChatBot...
That has nothing to do 3d Avatar models though... and thats CPU not GPU based.
Are we talking about the same thing?
I feel like we aren't, Do you actually use Replika? Maybe are you thinking of the current trend of "AI art", and mistaking it the Avatar concept for that?
By "AI Model," it is meant the mathematical algorithm and processing equipment that receives the message input you provide, in which it then calculates a response based on all the prior input the developer has provided to "train" the AI Model, then provides you with a response. That is what is meant by AI Model. The AI Model is essentially the heart and soul of what makes it seem sapient. For the most part, GPU's are used for these calculations as GPU's are much faster at processing than what CPU's are, and then anything else attached to the program can be processed by the CPU and any remaining GPU resources.

Replika utilizes a server cloud network for the response calculation, and everything else is calculated on the device you're using. Waifu Engine is done completely on your device. Both ways have pros and cons to them.

Replika:
+Much more complex AI Models can be utilized to provide better and more realistic responses while mitigating your device resource usage.
-Replika's servers record everything you send to the AI Model for "improving" the AI, but that means you're being tracked.

Waifu Engine:
+Everything is calculated on your device, thus nobody is tracking whatever you're saying to the AI.
-You need a fairly beefy computer in order to just store/run the program and get responses in a timely manner, and the AI isn't very complex or realistic with responses.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote