RPGM Waifu Wonderland [Development Thread]

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
WWBanner.png

Projected Release for v0.1 - May 2024

If you're here, you're probably wondering what "Waifu Wonderland" is.

Waifu Wonderland is an adult RPG game with hand painted anime-style visuals.
Well, that was faster than I thought. Guess that's the end of the post then. If you want to know more, keep scrolling!

Basic Story Stuff -

In Waifu Wonderland, you play as a 21 year old virgin in the 90s with no job who still lives with his "landlady" and "roommate". Your "landlady" wants you to get out of her house, and wants to motivate you in any way she can. She knows you're a virgin, and thinks that maybe getting laid will motivate you, so she introduces you to two of her friends who have offered to teach you the ways of sex. That's the basic setup.

The game is designed to be open world. There isn't any specific overarching story, there's just smaller stories, and the ability to sleep with every single woman in the game. Progression is more personal, you'll unlock more areas and more seduce-able women as you do things like move out and get an apartment. One of the bigger current stories is the lab story, which will start in the first version. You'll be able to find work as a test subject at a lab. You'll be exploring different dimensions and will be able to seduce different kinds of women from these other dimensions, and by that I mean monster girls. I'm not really into furry stuff, so it'll be more humanoid succubus/demon types, rather than real monsters or furries. The game is designed to be able to be added to and shaped by what people want to see. So I'll be doing polls on what kinds of women/stories to add into the game.

Gameplay Stuff -

The game is an RPG, so there will be turn-based battles. But it's a little different than most RPGs. It's inspired by BF games. Instead of fighting monsters, in order to get a woman to sleep with you, you have to enter "seduction mode" (a battle) and beat them. Instead of attacking, you'll do things like flirt and give compliments, and they'll do things like deflect your advance and laugh at your attempts to woo them. Win in seduction mode and they'll be super horny and you'll get a scene with them. Of course, some women are going to be harder than others to seduce, so you'll need to work your way up.

You'll be able to freely explore areas to find women to seduce. Different women will have different standards, so you'll need to make money in order to increase your status. Some women wont want to sleep with someone who lives with their "landlady" still, so you'll need to find an apartment before you can enter their seduction mode. Others may only like men who wear suits, so you'll need to buy a suit. Stuff like that. Eventually you'll be able to unlock new areas as you increase your overall station in life.

There will be a cycling day-to-day system, with different women appearing on different days of the week. The initial version will just have Monday available. The idea is for each update to add a new day of the week. Then after that, updates will include another status upgrade, like a house, and then women will be added for that.

What is it going to look like though? -
Since it's set in the 90s, I wanted a somewhat retro anime look so I took some time to develop one.
The banner has a few characters and you can check out the attached files for sample scenes in the game quality. They wont have white backgrounds in game, they'll be overlayed onto the area you're in. I mainly did this to save some time. I have higher than 4k quality and black guy versions of all scenes on my patreon.

But the first character you meet in the game is Ayako, your "landlady". If you'd like to know more about her, you can check out this post (all character intros are free) -

You start in a neighborhood in the suburbs, so most of the women are MILFs starting out, but there's going to be many different types of women.

When is it coming out? -

This game actually started as a game like Haramase Simulator, because Haramase Simulator has long since died. So I basically wanted to put all of my favorite waifus with my favorite scenes from my favorite artists into a single game (which is why it's called Waifu Wonderland). I wasn't planning on monetizing it and was going to release it anonymously. After putting a build of the game together, I put it on the backburner to work on other stuff, and when I came back to it a few months later, I decided to test it out and see how much was in the game. And when I did, I liked playing it a lot more than I expected. It's pretty rare for me to like a game I've made, because I know how to break it/what all the right choices are, so it gets old fast, but that wasn't the case here. It's still fairly early on and I think it could be something special once the world has been filled out more. So I decided to replace all the CG with original CG, and turn it into real game instead. I decided to keep the characters in the game inspired by the original waifus, just as an homage to the original version and to the artists that inspire me. In the character intros, I say what the inspiration was, to try and give those artists some attention too.

So basically, the 0.1 version of the game itself is already done. I just need to replace the existing CG with original artwork.
There's currently 31 seduce-able women in the game, with 43 total scenes. I'll also need to at least make character CG for 2 more characters (the protag and one planned character that you meet early on), and 2 characters have 2 different outfits in the game. So that's a total of 35 character CG and 43 scenes, for a total of 80 illustrations. That's going to take some time. Which is why I'm posting this now, right as I get started.

I'll be posting WIP and finished scenes on patreon as they get finished, in hopes that I'll be able to get some support. Character CG will be public when they get done, but scenes will stay for patrons only. I'll also be posting higher resolution images for higher tiers. The game itself is 1280x720, but patrons will be able to get higher than 4k quality artwork. I work in 5400x3038 for scene CG, so you'll be able to see every little detail.

Why Not Release Without Artwork? -
Since there's already a working build, you may be wondering why I don't just release the game without artwork to get it out there. I had thought about doing that, but there's a few reasons that could lead to problems if I were to release without any artwork.

One, if I just delete all of the artwork in the game, the game doesn't run. I would have to go through and either make blank artwork to replace what's currently in the game, or go into the game and delete every image in every scene. Which would mean having to go back in once the new scenes are done and put them back in. Either way, it would take a lot of time.

Another reason is the sprites. They're based on specific characters right now, and aren't representative of the actual characters in game. I don't want people to see a sprite, then get disappointed if the design drastically changes.

A third reason, is that if I were to do this, the game would be largely the same for months. With just artwork being added with no new content. It would be hard for people to know once more content would be getting added, and I don't want that kind of confusion/disappointment.

On top of all of that, having a build of the game that doesn't change for so long would make it very easy to overlevel and break the game for future releases. I want the game to be relatively easy, but not faceroll through easy.

Okay, but seriously, when is it coming out? -

As with all projects, the more support I get, the more I'll be able to work on it, and the quicker it'll come out. It's hard to say exactly how long, but here's a rough estimate of how long each illustration should take.

Right now, for a portrait of a thigh up character it takes me roughly 4-8 hours, depending on complexity. The plan is for every character to have a thigh up illustration. So let's say it's an average of 6 hours for each. The only exception is the MC. He'll just have a close up face, so that should only take a couple of hours.
So we've got 6 hours x 34 for each of the thigh up character illustrations. Which is 204 hours, then we'll add 2 for the MC. That's roughly 206 hours for the character portraits.

Then for the scene CG, in order to cut down on time, I decided there wont be backgrounds. Depending on the complexity of the scene, it should be around 6-10 hours for the base scene and then variation for the finish. Let's say an average of 8 hours.
So we've got 8 hours x 43, which is 344 hours.

I'll also need to redo sprites to match the new character, each of those takes anywhere between 15min and an hour, depending on how detailed and how many I need to make. So let's say 30min for each of those. There's 36 sprites I need to make, so that's roughly 18 hours.

If I were able to work on this full time, 8 hours a day 5 days a week, it would take 85 days to do all of the illustration work. So roughly 3 months.

Of course, unless I'm getting paid enough to not have a job, I can't work on it full time. I've got to be able to pay my bills. So more realistically, with no support, I expect it to take roughly 8 months. At which point I'd finally be able to release the 0.1 version.

That's a long time and a lot of hours to be working on something. So it would be an enormous help to be able to get some support. At the very least, you'll be able to get the artwork. Even if you can't become a Patron, just commenting to let me know you're here and are interested would mean a lot. I really think this game has the potential to be great. I hope you'll join me on this journey as I bring it fully to life! You can find my patreon in my sig, next to my avatar, or if you're interested in supporting the game and getting to see the artwork as it gets made.

Current Progress -
Here's what I have done and what's left. I'll be updating this periodically. As of now, the goal is to do at least one character CG and one scene each week.

Character CG - 4/33

Scenes - 4/43

Sprites - 1/33

I'll be adding more characters to the header as I finish more and more. Eventually, it will be completely filled with waifus. I've been doing a character CG then the scene, so if they're in the banner, that means a scene should be done for them too.

CG Samples -

AyakoScene01.jpg KaoriScene01.jpg ShioriScene01.jpg

Last edited:

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Another character has been finished and artwork has been released! This is technically an older character, from one of my other game projects that didn't get off the ground. I'll be adding a storyline later into Waifu Wonderland on that was meant to be it's own game and show where the characters ended up, as a sort of nod to the few people who did play my previous games and want to know what happened. I talk about it a lot more in depth in the character intro.

This is Ms. Hartley's intro if you'd like to check it out. Character intro posts are free for everyone.

Tomorrow I'll be releasing a WIP post for Ms. Hartley's first scene that shows the sketch and talks a bit about my process. Then her first scene will be available in maximum quality on Friday. With Seika's first scene being available in 1080p Friday.

Reactions: osanaiko

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Интересно. Хотелось бы посмотреть на такой вид боя. Вроде всё прочитал но возможно чего то пропустил и если это есть в описании значит так и есть но всё же несколько вопросов задам.
1) Вручную нарисованная графика это хорошо. Это всегда большое старание. Хоть это и может занять некоторое время но будет ли в игре анимация, даже самая простенькая к примеру зацикленная в три- четыре кадра?
2) Наверное пропустил но на чём делается игра? renpy или RPG Maker или ещё какой то?
3) Раз будет белее менее свободное передвижение персонажа то в чём будет ограничении при взаимодействии с персонажами. Можно будет изначально со всеми взаимодействовать или для некоторых надо в чём то прокачаться?
4) Насколько внешне будут разные персонажи? К примеру будет ли у них фигура разная или только лицо и причёска?
5) Как насчёт общения? Много общения будет или в основе игра всё таки такие поединки будут?

Это не вопрос. Скорее просто пишу. У самого была примерна такая мысль про похожую игру. Сейчас напишу.
Тоже свободное перемещение, тоже поединки в стиле пошаговой РПГ.
Человека забрасывает в другой мир и там он единственный человек среди эльфов, гномов, демонов и остальными с кошачьими ушками, хвостами, рогами многим кем ещё. Вот в этом мире есть закон что кто победит в поединки девушку то может ей обладать. Это сделано в ожидании нападения из другого мира что бы заставить всех быть сильнее если такое случиться. Мужчины будут сильнее чтобы обладать девушкой, девушки будут сильнее чтоб не проиграть тому кто нападёт на них. Но это старый закон и все не такие уже сильные и им почти не пользуются но он ещё действует и никто не пойдёт против такого закона и все подчиняться. Вот в этом и игра. путешествия, бои и победы, прокачка чтобы потом победить более сильных. Делать я не стал эту игру нет возможности дальше идеи просто реализовать. Вроде всё сказал.

Interesting. I would like to see this type of battle. It seems like I read everything, but maybe I missed something, and if it’s in the description, then it’s true, but I’ll still ask a few questions.

1) Hand-drawn graphics are good. It's always a big effort. Although it may take some time, will there be animation in the game, even the simplest one, for example, looped in three or four frames?
2) I probably missed it, but what is the game based on? renpy or RPG Maker or something else?
3) Since there will be less free movement of the character, what will be the limitation when interacting with the characters. Will it be possible to interact with everyone from the beginning, or for some you need to upgrade yourself in something?
4) How different will the characters be in appearance? For example, will they have a different figure or just their face and hairstyle?
5) What about communication? Will there be a lot of communication or will the game still be based on fights like this?

It's not a question. I'd rather just write. I myself had approximately the same idea about a similar game. I will write now.

Also free movement, also fights in the style of turn-based RPG.

A person is thrown into another world and there he is the only person among elves, gnomes, demons and others with cat ears, tails, horns and much more. In this world there is a law that whoever defeats a girl in fights can possess her. This is done in anticipation of an attack from another world to force everyone to be stronger if this happens. Men will be stronger to possess a girl, girls will be stronger so as not to lose to the one who attacks them. But this is an old law and everyone is no longer so strong and almost does not use it, but it is still in force and no one will go against such a law and everyone will obey. This is the game. travel, battles and victories, leveling up so that you can later defeat stronger ones. I didn’t start making this game; there’s no way to simply implement the idea further. I think he said everything.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Интересно. Хотелось бы посмотреть на такой вид боя. Вроде всё прочитал но возможно чего то пропустил и если это есть в описании значит так и есть но всё же несколько вопросов задам.
1) Вручную нарисованная графика это хорошо. Это всегда большое старание. Хоть это и может занять некоторое время но будет ли в игре анимация, даже самая простенькая к примеру зацикленная в три- четыре кадра?
2) Наверное пропустил но на чём делается игра? renpy или RPG Maker или ещё какой то?
3) Раз будет белее менее свободное передвижение персонажа то в чём будет ограничении при взаимодействии с персонажами. Можно будет изначально со всеми взаимодействовать или для некоторых надо в чём то прокачаться?
4) Насколько внешне будут разные персонажи? К примеру будет ли у них фигура разная или только лицо и причёска?
5) Как насчёт общения? Много общения будет или в основе игра всё таки такие поединки будут?

Это не вопрос. Скорее просто пишу. У самого была примерна такая мысль про похожую игру. Сейчас напишу.
Тоже свободное перемещение, тоже поединки в стиле пошаговой РПГ.
Человека забрасывает в другой мир и там он единственный человек среди эльфов, гномов, демонов и остальными с кошачьими ушками, хвостами, рогами многим кем ещё. Вот в этом мире есть закон что кто победит в поединки девушку то может ей обладать. Это сделано в ожидании нападения из другого мира что бы заставить всех быть сильнее если такое случиться. Мужчины будут сильнее чтобы обладать девушкой, девушки будут сильнее чтоб не проиграть тому кто нападёт на них. Но это старый закон и все не такие уже сильные и им почти не пользуются но он ещё действует и никто не пойдёт против такого закона и все подчиняться. Вот в этом и игра. путешествия, бои и победы, прокачка чтобы потом победить более сильных. Делать я не стал эту игру нет возможности дальше идеи просто реализовать. Вроде всё сказал.

Interesting. I would like to see this type of battle. It seems like I read everything, but maybe I missed something, and if it’s in the description, then it’s true, but I’ll still ask a few questions.

1) Hand-drawn graphics are good. It's always a big effort. Although it may take some time, will there be animation in the game, even the simplest one, for example, looped in three or four frames?
2) I probably missed it, but what is the game based on? renpy or RPG Maker or something else?
3) Since there will be less free movement of the character, what will be the limitation when interacting with the characters. Will it be possible to interact with everyone from the beginning, or for some you need to upgrade yourself in something?
4) How different will the characters be in appearance? For example, will they have a different figure or just their face and hairstyle?
5) What about communication? Will there be a lot of communication or will the game still be based on fights like this?

It's not a question. I'd rather just write. I myself had approximately the same idea about a similar game. I will write now.

Also free movement, also fights in the style of turn-based RPG.

A person is thrown into another world and there he is the only person among elves, gnomes, demons and others with cat ears, tails, horns and much more. In this world there is a law that whoever defeats a girl in fights can possess her. This is done in anticipation of an attack from another world to force everyone to be stronger if this happens. Men will be stronger to possess a girl, girls will be stronger so as not to lose to the one who attacks them. But this is an old law and everyone is no longer so strong and almost does not use it, but it is still in force and no one will go against such a law and everyone will obey. This is the game. travel, battles and victories, leveling up so that you can later defeat stronger ones. I didn’t start making this game; there’s no way to simply implement the idea further. I think he said everything.
1) No, I'm not doing any animation. Even doing 3-4 frames means that would be at least 3x-4x the work. I'm currently doing at least one character and one scene a week. If I stay on track, that means the 0.1 version will be out in about 7 months. If I had to create 3-4 frames for every animation, that means I would only be able to do one scene every 3-4 weeks. Since one frame is the about the same as one painting if I were to do frame by frame animation, and I don't know how to do other kinds of animation without a lot more work on the back end that wouldn't be worth it. That means it would take about 14 months (1 year 2 months) or 21 months (1 year 9 months) for the game to come out with animations. And that's just to finish the 0.1 version. And that's assuming I can keep the same schedule of one frame a week. Which would be unlikely. 2D animation is a completely different skill than just painting. It requires a lot more research, planning, and time. So more realistically, adding animation would push back the game at least two years. I'm the only person working on the game. I don't have a team or anything. So animation just isn't something I can do. Maybe if the game takes off and gets a lot of support, I can hire an animator, but that's not something I'm betting on.

2) It's a turn based RPG, so RPG Maker. It's by far the easiest way to make this kind of game, and I'm primarily an artist, not a programmer.

3) I'm not sure what you're talking about. There are large maps you can freely move around.

4) I have some sample characters in the header, and more over on the Patreon you can look at. Most characters will be unique, with the only exception so far being a character that isn't revealed yet.

5) I'm not sure what you mean again, but I'll try to answer. The main part of the game is battles, since that's how you seduce women. It's not a visual novel, so it's not story heavy. There will be small stories, but I want people to be able to jump in and get to the good parts. It's more gameplay and exploration based.

That doesn't sound anything like what I'm making, but if you decide to make it, I wish you best of luck.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
A bunch of new stuff this week!

First, the monthly poll started to decide which of three characters will be added in next month.

We've got the first WIP post with Ms. Hartley's first scene. I talk a bit about my process and show how scenes can change as they get made.

Then the Maximum quality version of the completed scene is here.

The 1080p version of Seika's scene has been released here.

And of course, Ms. Hartley's character intro was added.

Everything is progressing smoothly. I'm pretty excited about next week's character, I like the design a lot and I'm hoping everyone else does too. I'll probably be updating the banner after next week's reveal to add in Ms. Hartley and the new character. I may wait only do it once a month though, I haven't decided yet.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
New stuff from this week!

First is the new character, Sandy. She's the first of the hookers that will be in the game, that are effectively an easy way to get exp. You can read more about them and see the design through the link (it's free). As of now, the hookers are the only characters in the game that will be palette swaps of each other. A few of the possible variations for other hookers are also shown. There's going to be quite a few of them, but I haven't decided how I'll decide which versions get used. It will probably end up being a poll though.

Sandy's first scene was also released in maximum quality. Included are both black and white guy versions.

Ms. Hartley's scene was released in 1080p quality. Included are both black and white guy versions.

And then Seika's first scene was released in 720p quality. Included are both black and white guy versions.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
New stuff from this week!

The new character was Alicia, the first of the "Beach Babes". Which are really just the women who appear on the beach. I talk more about her as well as one-off characters here.

There was also the second WIP post, using Alicia's scene. I talk a little bit about why I choose certain poses and the process that goes into why this scene looks the way it does.

Then we also had the release of the maximum quality version of Alicia's scene.

The 1080p release of Sandy's first scene.

And finally, Ms. Hartley's scene was released in 720p.

I've been thinking about releasing censored versions of the 720p scenes to the public a week or two after the uncensored release on Patreon. I plan on releasing the game on Japanese sites like DLSite, so I'll need a censored version anyway. I think it could be another way to advertise the game too. I'm not sure yet though.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Had some family stuff come up and had to go out of town for a few days, so this is a little late, but here's the new stuff from the last week.

I made a big post about all of the progress made so far and some changes to production moving forward. The tl;dr is that I'm cutting back to one art post a week, instead of two due to no support and having to spend that time on things that make money so that I can survive. And then also some cuts were made to the initial release of the game to compensate.
You can read the whole post here. I tried to sprinkle in some more information about the game as well.

And then last week was the introduction to the first demoness, Almiranda. She's the first boss of the lab storyline. You can read more about her and the lab storyline here.

The 1080p version of Alicia's scene was also released.

And the 720p version of Sandy's first scene was release too.

I've also updated the banner to include all of the women created for the game so far! From left to right there's Sandy, Kaori, Seika, Ayako, Shiori, Ms. Hartley, Alicia, and Almiranda.

Then lastly, I've finally decided to start releasing censored versions of completed artwork for free. There needs to be censored versions for the Japanese release anyway, so I figure I can release those versions as sort of samples. Then if anyone wants higher quality or uncensored versions, they can come over to the Patreon. The actual game will have the 720p uncensored versions, but until the release, the only public scenes will be censored. I'll be releasing one scene a week until I catch up with the Patreon releases. Then they'll be released a week after the uncensored 720p version, which is 4 weeks after the maximum quality version releases.

That's all for now. Almiranda's H scene should be coming this weekend. Then after that will be a new character intro!

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Lots of stuff this week. First is the start of a new poll to help decide which hooker variations will be in the university and downtown areas. It's a free poll open to the public, so please come cast your vote! It would be a big help.

Then there was also the results from the second character poll.

Alicia's H scene was released in 720p.

And finally, Almiranda's H scene was released in maximum quality. I ranted a lot about the lab storyline plans here for some reason. Not sure why, since no one is at this tier yet, but I talked all about the plans for the storyline and it's branching paths.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
This week Sakura's character CG was finished up and I talked a little bit about her here.

While working on Sakura's character CG I made a WIP post talking about translating from a sketch into a full illustration.

And then Almiranda's scene was released in 1080p.

The color variation poll is still going, and there's currently a 5 way tie. It's free so be sure to come by and cast your vote for your favorite! The top 2 with different skin colors will be added to the game.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Only one more week for the hooker variation poll! If you haven't voted, be sure to soon! Again, it's free for everyone. It's currently a 5 way tie. Only one of those is a non-white variation, and if no one else votes it will get into the game. It's the sexy Grunty variation, so if you're not into green women, you may want to come and vote for someone else!

I'm having my apartment inspected this week, so I wasn't able to get a scene done, and I may not be able to get it done this weekend (they can come by anytime between now and Sunday night). So instead, I shared a WIP post of the scene for free to the public. It exposes one of my secrets, how I use references. If you're into that. The finalized scene will be posted as soon as it's done, and I'll still be posting next week's art as well. So I'm not going to get behind schedule or anything.

I also shared the censored version of Seika's first scene, a TJ. It's over on my Pixiv. I'm too lazy to post it anywhere else lol.

And finally, Almiranda's scene was released in 1080p.

Next week I'll probably be doing another character. Right now I'm thinking about doing the MC. Sakura's scene has part of his head for the first time, so I figure I should probably get that design nailed down before I keep going in case I do another scene where you can kind of see him. We'll see though.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Since I couldn't do any adult work while waiting for my apartment to be inspected, I decided to finally do the illustration for the MC. I also finished up some sprites and threw them into the game. I talk a bit about the MC and show a screenshot here. I was going to save this for later in the week, but it's just a face illustration that didn't take too long, and I don't think people are really here for what the MC looks like. So it's just a little bonus post.

Also finished up Sakura's H scene and posted it at maximum quality.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Was too distracted by FFVII Rebirth over the weekend and forgot to post the update roundup for last week. And there was a lot lol.

First off, there was the results for last month's poll.

Then the art post for the week was of Angela, the main heroine from my last failed game. Like Ms. Hartley, I'm bringing her in to wrap up her game.

There was the monthly progress update. I shared everything that's going to be in v0.1, what's done, and what's left. Also changed the patron tiers a bit. I decided to make all polls public from now on, with patron votes being worth more.

And finally, was March's poll. This one is to decide on a new gameplay element to add some variety to the game.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Update roundup time. I was really distracted by Rebirth, so not too much.

First is Angela's first scene at maximum quality.

Then there was the new character, Madison. The first real dark skin character for the game. I also talked a bit about how I'm considering gutting the content planned for the initial release. Partially because the game hasn't gotten any support so far, and also because no one plays v0.1 anyway. So it's starting to feel a bit pointless to delay the initial release to put in more content.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Decided to do the monthly update a bit early to announce that I decided to strip the game to it's core for the v0.1 release. It just didn't make any sense to continue working on art alone for another 6-8 months on a game that isn't even released, and I have no idea how will be received. Very few people play v0.1 of games anyway. So I decided it was best to get the game out as quickly as possible, then just update the game every month or two with the new art that gets made. I talk a lot about it here. I also talk a lot about everything else I'm doing and how much time I currently spend working on the game. To hopefully give some context as to why dev is so slow, and possibly why you see so many games abandoned after an update or two.

Along with doing the monthly update early, I decided to end the poll early. No one had voted, and since I finally figured out how to get looping videos to work in RPG Maker, I'll be making the third idea into it's own game anyway. I wont start work on that until I have some more time and have Waifu Wonderland released though. Anyway, collectables ended up "winning". I talk a bit more about how they'll be implemented and how many will be in the game in the initial release.

Then finally there was the weekly art post. This week was Madison's BJ scene.

I've also been posting some more sample scenes on my pixiv. You can see Ms. Hartley, Seika, and Sandy's basic package scenes there. They're censored on pixiv, but wont be in the actual game. You can also get the uncensored versions of every scene on patreon, as well as at higher resolution, and with black guy versions.

Reactions: Lord Executor

Lord Executor

Nov 16, 2018
Decided to do the monthly update a bit early to announce that I decided to strip the game to it's core for the v0.1 release. It just didn't make any sense to continue working on art alone for another 6-8 months on a game that isn't even released, and I have no idea how will be received. Very few people play v0.1 of games anyway. So I decided it was best to get the game out as quickly as possible, then just update the game every month or two with the new art that gets made. I talk a lot about it here. I also talk a lot about everything else I'm doing and how much time I currently spend working on the game. To hopefully give some context as to why dev is so slow, and possibly why you see so many games abandoned after an update or two.

Along with doing the monthly update early, I decided to end the poll early. No one had voted, and since I finally figured out how to get looping videos to work in RPG Maker, I'll be making the third idea into it's own game anyway. I wont start work on that until I have some more time and have Waifu Wonderland released though. Anyway, collectables ended up "winning". I talk a bit more about how they'll be implemented and how many will be in the game in the initial release.

Then finally there was the weekly art post. This week was Madison's BJ scene.

I've also been posting some more sample scenes on my pixiv. You can see Ms. Hartley, Seika, and Sandy's basic package scenes there. They're censored on pixiv, but wont be in the actual game. You can also get the uncensored versions of every scene on patreon, as well as at higher resolution, and with black guy versions.
I think that your approach to release early makes sense, waiting for half a year is probably too long imo. Though, having just said that I do understand the initial concern of it being too bare bones. I just started making my own game, and decided to finally learn how to draw. And now, after two weeks I barely have any scenes..

Reactions: exer

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I think that your approach to release early makes sense, waiting for half a year is probably too long imo. Though, having just said that I do understand the initial concern of it being too bare bones. I just started making my own game, and decided to finally learn how to draw. And now, after two weeks I barely have any scenes..
Thank you, that really helps me feel a bit better about the decision. There is still going to be a decent amount of content for a 0.1, just not as much as I wanted.

Yeah I've learned with WW that 2D games are much slower compared to 3D. Definitely never going to have an update with 100+ new renders lol. Even after 5 months of doing 1-2 each week, I only have 13 scenes done and 14 character CG done. With a total of 44 illustrations including the variations. My game focuses on having a lot of unique characters though. If I didn't have to worry about making new character CG for every scene, and only had maybe 4-5 characters like most games do, I'd probably be at around 21-22 scenes, or roughly 4-5 scenes per character. Which is a lot. As long as you're not insane like me and go for as many unique characters as possible, I'm sure you'll be able to get something out much quicker. The more you draw, the faster you'll get too!

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Just one new post for this week, at least as of now. I'm working on a WIP post where I talk about my rendering process that will be posted later this weekend.

But for now, we have the final character introduction for v0.1, Mirai. Mirai plays a pretty important role in Waifu Wonderland, as she's the real estate agent you buy new houses from. Which will be needed to unlock more women. Since she's the last character for v0.1 I wanted to do something a little special. So I did a timelapse of the rendering process.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
This week there's mainly just the art post. For the last time I have final projects that started last week and most of them are group projects. So that's going to be a nightmare. I switched art posts from Friday to Saturday for now, to give myself a little more time to finish things up. I normally was able to work on the artwork throughout the week and then finish it up on Friday if it wasn't done yet, but I just didn't have time to even start until Friday. And things are only going to get worse as I get closer to the end of the semester. I'm also a bit curious to see if there's any difference in posting Friday or Saturday. I'm still going to do my best to ensure I do an art post every week though! If I do, I'll be finishing up all of the artwork right as the semester ends. Which means I should be able to do everything else needed to get the game released relatively quickly.

Anyway, this week's art post was Mirai's first scene. Next week I'll probably be doing one of Sandy/Ivy/Valentine's scenes.

I also updated the banner to include Mirai, and removed Almiranda. It now has all of the characters that will appear in v0.1.

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Just two more scenes and all of the assets for v0.1 will be done! The initial release is rapidly approaching. I've been working a lot on my school projects to try and get them done as quickly as possible, so that I can dedicate more time to Waifu Wonderland. I'm hoping that I'll be completely finished with one class by the end of the weekend, and another by the end of next week. Which should give me a bit more time to focus on getting the game ready. I have a specific date in mind for release in the first half of May and I'm really hoping I'll be able to hit it. It mostly depends on how many problems I run into in my school projects.

Anyway, this week's art post was the BJ scene for Sandy/Ivy/Valentine. Next week will be their HJ scene, and then after that, Ayako's sex scene.