VN Unity Ren'Py WaifuHub [Season 8 Dec Build] [Bokuman Studio]

2.80 star(s) 25 Votes

MR.Gadeki

Feb 18, 2022
Hello,
I'm adding an image below and I need your, yes your, help figuring out if the colours are right. Since I don't own a professional colour accurate display (those things are pricey) that should be used when working with graphics, the next best thing is to just ask a bunch of people to download the image and compare it to how Raven's original art looks. Doesn't matter how good your monitor is, the more people chime in, the better (although if there's someone who does have a colour accurate display that makes it all the better ofc).

The most important part is whether the colours of her skin, nipples and pussy look right.
The image below is obviously unfinished but before I sink more time into it I'd like to know if the parts I'm done with look right.

Just give this post a Like if it looks good and a Sad face if it doesn't. More precise feedback also appreciated.
I think it's very good and it's on the right track, I wouldn't complain at all if you added it like this but... if what you're looking for are the parts that need improvements: in my case it would be these
The skin tone is excellent but what I noticed is that there are small parts in a purple glow that was barely noticeable in Raven's scenes, another is that the hair could do with a bit of naturalness since I see it frozen that it is in its chest, and finally I would not give it so much importance but it would be that you mix expressions with eyes and mouth as you have done lately.

I hope and look at this comment as a point of reference and not a bad review

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
I think it's very good and it's on the right track, I wouldn't complain at all if you added it like this but... if what you're looking for are the parts that need improvements: in my case it would be these
The skin tone is excellent but what I noticed is that there are small parts in a purple glow that was barely noticeable in Raven's scenes, another is that the hair could do with a bit of naturalness since I see it frozen that it is in its chest, and finally I would not give it so much importance but it would be that you mix expressions with eyes and mouth as you have done lately.

I hope and look at this comment as a point of reference and not a bad review
You misunderstood me a little, I was always going to fix not just the hair and expressions, but redraw her entire head, the one in that image is just a placeholder.

I only wanted people to take a look at the skin colours because without a proper monitor I can't be sure if it will look right on other devices.

Overall pretty close, though after inspection in the original her nipples and pussy are a bit more open purple( matching the color of her skin). But this one looks pretty good too
Yeah it seemed that way to me too, but I wasn't quite sure. Btw, since I'm planning to add it to the game (obviously) I don't care so much whether it looks good or bad, I only care if it looks consistent with the rest of the art.

MR.Gadeki

Feb 18, 2022
You misunderstood me a little, I was always going to fix not just the hair and expressions, but redraw her entire head, the one in that image is just a placeholder.

I only wanted people to take a look at the skin colours because without a proper monitor I can't be sure if it will look right on other devices.
oh...
ok
my mistake

• Haha
Reactions: ErgoVis

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
For the season 6 Ren'py port: In the CGI, I'm planning on adjusting Megumin's and Marin's hair colours to match their icons (and perhaps more importantly the source material, which is their respective anime), but should I post the initial release with the original art or just the recoloured version?

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
For the season 6 Ren'py port: In the CGI, I'm planning on adjusting Megumin's and Marin's hair colours to match their icons (and perhaps more importantly the source material, which is their respective anime), but should I post the initial release with the original art or just the recoloured version?
For now the recolored.

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
Hello,
I'm adding an image below and I need your, yes your, help figuring out if the colours are right. Since I don't own a professional colour accurate display (those things are pricey) that should be used when working with graphics, the next best thing is to just ask a bunch of people to download the image and compare it to how Raven's original art looks. Doesn't matter how good your monitor is, the more people chime in, the better (although if there's someone who does have a colour accurate display that makes it all the better ofc).

The most important part is whether the colours of her skin, nipples and pussy look right.
The image below is obviously unfinished but before I sink more time into it I'd like to know if the parts I'm done with look right.

Just give this post a Like if it looks good and a Sad face if it doesn't. More precise feedback also appreciated.
I need your, yes your, help (again):
Take two for that new pose for Raven I'm working on. Same question, do the colours of the skin, nipples and pussy look right?

beta2.png cgi_raven_pose_013.jpg

Again, for the sake of simplicity just like the post if it looks right.​

Btw, I'm not trying to farm likes with this approach, I'm just betting most people wouldn't bother responding if I didn't do it like this. Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

The head is still a WIP. Especially ears, Raven's ears don't show in any of her original CGI so I don't really have a good reference. Every time I run into an issue like this, I'm reminded just how ridiculously out of my depth I am in terms of art with this mod project. Then again, I started it mostly to learn how to draw so I suppose it's to be expected.

Since I'm already posting, here are sample recoloured CGI-s of Megumin and Marin with the originals for reference.

Btw, since it's just a CGI swap, I was wondering if I should upload Unity version with just the hair recoloured?

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
I need your, yes your, help (again):
Take two for that new pose for Raven I'm working on. Same question, do the colours of the skin, nipples and pussy look right?

View attachment 2640299 View attachment 2640306

Again, for the sake of simplicity just like the post if it looks right.​

Btw, I'm not trying to farm likes with this approach, I'm just betting most people wouldn't bother responding if I didn't do it like this. Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

The head is still a WIP. Especially ears, Raven's ears don't show in any of her original CGI so I don't really have a good reference. Every time I run into an issue like this, I'm reminded just how ridiculously out of my depth I am in terms of art with this mod project. Then again, I started it mostly to learn how to draw so I suppose it's to be expected.

Since I'm already posting, here are sample recoloured CGI-s of Megumin and Marin with the originals for reference.

Btw, since it's just a CGI swap, I was wondering if I should upload Unity version with just the hair recoloured?
About Raven yes they look better. And yes I think you should just update the recoloured version

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
Thanks! Do you know if the assistants are a new thing in season 7 or if there are scenes with them before or elsewhere?
No, it's a new thing. With every update we get an scene for each of the assistants (with the Bocchi update we should be reaching three for each assistant)

Reactions: Gitan

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
I wanna treat this version as complete. To be honest I'm aware it could still use some work, but I've been kinda busy with other stuff recently. I don't wanna be on a "update every six months" type of schedule, so I'd rather call the redraws done and focus on writing the script. Is it passable? One of Raven's original CGI for comparison.

merged.png cgi_raven_pose_013.jpg
From other news, I'm considering not including Mina rework in my next update. Both Raven and Mina are more challenging to redraw due to their unique skin hues, so bundling them together was a pretty dumb decision on my end. I've had 2 out of planned 4 poses for Mina complete for a while now, so I expected to be done soon but what I didn't account for was how difficult the other 2 are going to be. On the other hand, in order to keep the "2 waifus per update" dream alive, I could just complete (since I'm halfway done with it) the rewrite of 2B's script. Her redraws are ready to go. Thoughts?

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
I wanna treat this version as complete. To be honest I'm aware it could still use some work, but I've been kinda busy with other stuff recently. I don't wanna be on a "update every six months" type of schedule, so I'd rather call the redraws done and focus on writing the script. Is it passable? One of Raven's original CGI for comparison.

From other news, I'm considering not including Mina rework in my next update. Both Raven and Mina are more challenging to redraw due to their unique skin hues, so bundling them together was a pretty dumb decision on my end. I've had 2 out of planned 4 poses for Mina complete for a while now, so I expected to be done soon but what I didn't account for was how difficult the other 2 are going to be. On the other hand, in order to keep the "2 waifus per update" dream alive, I could just complete (since I'm halfway done with it) the rewrite of 2B's script. Her redraws are ready to go. Thoughts?
For the Raven design yes she looks fine from my pov. Also about the other update yes replacing Mina with 2b is fine if you feel it's less messy for your schedule that way but I would like to ask you if you have checked out season 1's problem with saving ( what I mean is Galko, 2B and Menko always give an error when you try to save progress with them so maybe check that out if you have time to?)

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
I would like to ask you if you have checked out season 1's problem with saving
I've looked into it before actually. The issue seems to be caused by the gen 1 moan scene code although I'm not sure why. The other waifus in s1 don't use a repeatable function that's called every time a moan scene happens, instead the moan scenes are just straight out manually typed in their entirety in the script. If you have any background in programming you should know how weird that is.

Fun fact: There's a metric ton of such dinosaurs in WaifuHub code.

The other big one is actually also a part of "moan scenes" because for whatever reason the code just goes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

instead of just a loop:

which would achieve the same result and has the advantage of not taking up an entire f*cking screen for no reason.

As to fixing the save problem, I'm going to import my custom "moan scene" code into every season I work on which for season 1 means that Galko and Meiko will have to stay disabled until I get around to rewriting their scenarios or at least making them compatible with my code.

Sorry. My time is limited.

On the bright side, you're not gonna run into the save thing in my build ;).

Reactions: Cbcgchbbkmk

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
I've looked into it before actually. The issue seems to be caused by the gen 1 moan scene code although I'm not sure why. The other waifus in s1 don't use a repeatable function that's called every time a moan scene happens, instead the moan scenes are just straight out manually typed in their entirety in the script. If you have any background in programming you should know how weird that is.

Fun fact: There's a metric ton of such dinosaurs in WaifuHub code.

The other big one is actually also a part of "moan scenes" because for whatever reason the code just goes:

instead of just a loop:

which would achieve the same result and has the advantage of not taking up an entire f*cking screen for no reason.

As to fixing the save problem, I'm going to import my custom "moan scene" code into every season I work on which for season 1 means that Galko and Meiko will have to stay disabled until I get around to rewriting their scenarios or at least making them compatible with my code.

Sorry. My time is limited.

On the bright side, you're not gonna run into the save thing in my build ;).
Thanks a lot. That's reassuring

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
If possible, please vote for your favourite assistant on my mod's thread.

Edit: I think I should make one thing clear, I'm not considering adding a "casting" for the picked assistant. It's just about the OP/ED skits.

Last edited:

Karabesto

May 28, 2023
What's the link between Waifu Hub and Waifu Hub City ? Is it juste a reuse of the assets on the later one ? And sorry if this has been answered but is there someone who got a link to the city ?

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
Okay, initially I was planning to only release Season 6 port once I have at least 4 waifus ready, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I had to change how stuff works under the hood for season 6 port compared to season 7.

With that said, can someone playtest for me, please?

You can only pick Megumin, picking other waifus will cause a crash. I guess technically Anna will also work although you're just gonna be staring at the office entrance with no sound effects or voices through out the entire thing.

Reactions: Cbcgchbbkmk

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
Okay, initially I was planning to only release Season 6 port once I have at least 4 waifus ready, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I had to change how stuff works under the hood for season 6 port compared to season 7.

With that said, can someone playtest for me, please?

You can only pick Megumin, picking other waifus will cause a crash. I guess technically Anna will also work although you're just gonna be staring at the office entrance with no sound effects or voices through out the entire thing.
I played it ( only Megumi). Overall great job the matching hair color was nice the transitions were much smoother than the unity original version and the fix on her first anal scene was good too! As I recall you have recolored Marin too. Are you planning to do anyone else or going to focus on season 1?

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
I played it ( only Megumi). Overall great job the matching hair color was nice the transitions were much smoother than the unity original version and the fix on her first anal scene was good too! As I recall you have recolored Marin too. Are you planning to do anyone else or going to focus on season 1?
Not sure yet. Tbh porting the game is really boring to me, but it needs to be done so I can mod it. However I'm not exactly lacking material to mod given that seasons 1 to 5 exist. Maybe I'll just port Marin for now (since I already have all of her CGI recoloured) and then focus back on previous seasons.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Aereon1104

Cbcgchbbkmk

Jan 12, 2022
Alright. If you want my advice, focus on whatever interests you the most at the moment. Might be a nice change of pace.

2.80 star(s) 25 Votes