VN Unity Ren'Py WaifuHub [Season 8 Dec Build] [Bokuman Studio]

2.80 star(s) 25 Votes

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
:D That would be awesome! I really hope you'll be able to do that.

Are you a fan of gloves too? Or is it because you want previously established characters to be represented accurately?
Accurate representation. Funnily enough if somebody asked me whether something like that would bother me prior to seeing the scene play out, I'm sure I'd answer in the negative instantly.

Reactions: rommeltje

rommeltje

Feb 13, 2017
Accurate representation. Funnily enough if somebody asked me whether something like that would bother me prior to seeing the scene play out, I'm sure I'd answer in the negative instantly.
I wish more artists would care about that. There's too much art of Dexter's Mom without her gloves out there.

• Wow
Reactions: ErgoVis

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
I wish more artists would care about that. There's too much art of Dexter's Mom without her gloves out there.
Tbh I'm surprised to hear that Dexter's Mom is enough of an iconic character to have any fanart made at all. Gonna have to look for some... references.

rommeltje

Feb 13, 2017
Tbh I'm surprised to hear that Dexter's Mom is enough of an iconic character to have any fanart made at all. Gonna have to look for some... references.
Look no further. :cool:

Reactions: ErgoVis

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
While still far away from actually working on Dexter's mom interview, I generally do like to make a "proof of concept" when it comes to redraws so I've tried drawing the glove on one of her CGI. Please ignore the messy line-work as it's very much a work-in-progress, but I'd like some input on my choice of colours, especially since I'm temporarily stuck with an especially colour inaccurate display.

This version uses the same colours as the sprite at the start of the game:

013 gloves.png

However after completing the above version, I thought it looks "washed out"/under-saturated, so I've made another version for which I've picked the colours myself and also added a quick render on top:

013 gloves colored.png
I dare say my version looks a lot better, but I'm open to critique, so for anyone who happens to take a look, do chime in, or just drop a Like for "fine-ish" or a Sad face for "not so fine".

P.S. For anyone interested, I've also just posted my first redraw of Yor's CGI on the mod thread.

ErgoVis

Jul 1, 2017
Already you finished the cheleei's mod?
No, of course not, not even close. I'd say I'm done with something like 30% of artwork for Cheelai at the time of writing. I'll do the redraws for Power in a spare moment just cause she's the most recent update and it won't take much time to do. I don't want to blow my own horn, but I got pretty fast at redrawing Bokuman's art. Would be difficult not to, given the amount of redraws I've done in the past couple of months.

Also Cheelai is not slated for the next mod update, but (most likely) the following one. I always work on multiple interviews at a time. Gotta have something to jump to when I need a break from a particular waifu.

2.80 star(s) 25 Votes