VN Ren'Py War of Mine [Ep. 0.1 v1.0.1] [Orange Unicorn]

Dec 2, 2020
Number of renders, music? Planned tags? Kinetic novel because? There are no choices in this chapter yet or will there be none at all?
Why don't developers want to understand that OP is an important part of marketing?

Ok, I visited devs website:

"Orange Unicorn is an amateur in creating interactive visual novel games. We have no experience in story writing, directing, or rendering. However, we have a strong interest in delivering our stories, so we try to tell them by creating visual novel games. We started self-teaching in rendering in 2020 during the lockdown and finally released our first visual novel game in August 2024."

And they are working on 4 games at the moment?!... I'll check the game nonetheless but I'm not optimistic in this case. I wish you luck. Seriously, without sarcasm.

EDIT:
Ok, I played. Quick notes:
- this is a 20-30 minute demo;
- no real background of the story;
- stiff and unnatural dialogues;
- terrible robotic AI "voice acting";
- deleted "skip transitions";
- game desperately needs a textbox and a larger font (I managed it with URM).

It's hard to say what to expect from this game.

Last edited:

Wicks99

Apr 21, 2024
Quick feedback based on the demo.

Urgent rectification needed:

- Bring back the default Renpy settings that allow users to set text speed, honestly I'm not sure why this is deliberately removed. Different people have different reading habits and you do yourself no favour by forcing one setting on everyone.

- Bigger font size and contrasting colors needed for the text, it's difficult to read even on a 35" screen for me.

Areas to improve:

- You need to bring out the gist of your story within the demo or at least create cliffhangers enough to keep players interested. Currently this demo tells us nothing about what this story is about.

- Heck we don't even know which genre it falls under... Sci-fi? Adventure? Mystery? Horror? Romance?

- Dialogue could do with better polishing. It's a bit too clunky currently in some parts the flow sounds unnatural.

Thumbs up areas:

- Character models are tastefully done. It looks very different from the typical Daz3D we see around, more on the cute side like HS and yet on the whole it still retains certain realism instead of the rugged look we often see in Daz3D.

- Good use of lighing, shadows and colour to create ambience, but again I don't know if it complements the story without knowing which direction you are going.

- BGMs are rather unique though I can't say whether it fits the story as I have no idea what sort of story this game will be at this point. But the fact they are not the usual generic boring kind is a plus for me.

Summary:

This demo is enough to catch some attention mainly because your character models are unique, I like developers who dare to strike their own paths in art and not just blindly apply Honey Select and Daz3D defaults.

But a few of those glaring problems need immediate fixing because they dampen player experience significantly. Also you need to at least provide more info on the tale you have in the game summary.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bmagada

InsaneINC

May 31, 2024
I see this have both the female and male protaganist tag can you choose which to play or do you have to play both at the same time ?

youraccount69

Donor
Dec 30, 2020
WarOfMine-EP0.1v1.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

vs2011xyz

May 18, 2021
Requested and shared by Orange Unicorn.

You can get thread ownership and/or a Developers badge by opening a ticket:
------------------------
War of Mine [Ep. 0.1 v1.0.0] [Orange Unicorn] - Compressed

Seems like the Dev changed the name of the game on short notice and forgot to change it in the script. (Unpacked the folder is named "Ghost")

Win/Linux [138 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Mac [132 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

----------------------
Is that a Star Gate? O.O
View attachment 3925027
Thnk U

Orange Unicorn

Mar 26, 2023
Thanks for all the kind messages and support!

he Dev changed the name of the game on short notice and forgot to change it in the script. (Unpacked the folder is named "Ghost")
Thanks for approving and sharing the thread! Just to clarify the naming, the game title is War of Mine. We like to name every episode, so this one is called Ghost. As for why it’s Episode 0.1, in our game, episodes with decimal numbers are preludes, interludes, or fillers for the main story.

The overview makes me feel like I'm missing so much information. Am I supposed to know who those people are? Who's the protagonist, or, looking at the tags, I guess it would be protagonists? And last but not least, what's the game even about?
Part 2 was already planned to reveal the world’s lore and setting, with Ghost serving as a prelude. We thought having this prelude would help players better understand the world before diving into Episode 1, which introduces the main character, a male protagonist. However, it seems that splitting the game into two parts might not have been the best approach, as it didn't fully achieve our goal of creating a mystery with a cliffhanger in Part 1. We’ll definitely keep this in mind for future releases. Since we’ve already divided the episode into two parts—and without giving away any spoilers—the game is set in a Science Fiction Fantasy setting.

And they are working on 4 games at the moment?!... I'll check the game nonetheless but I'm not optimistic in this case. I wish you luck. Seriously, without sarcasm.
There are two developers working on two main titles. Each developer will release their episodes alternately.

Here is a GUI and say_arguments_override file to help improve that.
Thanks for creating and sharing the text size override file. We’ll make sure to improve the font size going forward.

Quick feedback based on the demo.

Urgent rectification needed:

- Bring back the default Renpy settings that allow users to set text speed, honestly I'm not sure why this is deliberately removed. Different people have different reading habits and you do yourself no favour by forcing one setting on everyone.

- Bigger font size and contrasting colors needed for the text, it's difficult to read even on a 35" screen for me.

Areas to improve:

- You need to bring out the gist of your story within the demo or at least create cliffhangers enough to keep players interested. Currently this demo tells us nothing about what this story is about.

- Heck we don't even know which genre it falls under... Sci-fi? Adventure? Mystery? Horror? Romance?

- Dialogue could do with better polishing. It's a bit too clunky currently in some parts the flow sounds unnatural.

Thumbs up areas:

- Character models are tastefully done. It looks very different from the typical Daz3D we see around, more on the cute side like HS and yet on the whole it still retains certain realism instead of the rugged look we often see in Daz3D.

- Good use of lighing, shadows and colour to create ambience, but again I don't know if it complements the story without knowing which direction you are going.

- BGMs are rather unique though I can't say whether it fits the story as I have no idea what sort of story this game will be at this point. But the fact they are not the usual generic boring kind is a plus for me.

Summary:

This demo is enough to catch some attention mainly because your character models are unique, I like developers who dare to strike their own paths in art and not just blindly apply Honey Select and Daz3D defaults.

But a few of those glaring problems need immediate fixing because they dampen player experience significantly. Also you need to at least provide more info on the tale you have in the game summary.
Thanks for the detailed feedback!
  1. Noted on the Renpy settings, font size, etc. We’ll make sure to improve these aspects in future releases.
  2. This is our first thread, so we admit that we’ve missed a lot of information. We’ll make sure to address these issues and improve going forward.
  3. English is not our primary language; however, we use it daily and consider ourselves proficient (lol :HideThePain:) in speaking, reading, and understanding it. Although we are fluent, we’ve noticed that our word usage might sound slightly unusual to native English speakers. We’re working on improving it.
  4. Thanks for the thumbs up and your kind words! We’ve realized now that splitting the game into two parts wasn’t the best approach. Part 2 will fully reveal the world’s lore and setting.
  5. We appreciate your attention to the character models. Indeed, all our main characters are custom-designed, and we’ve also arranged the environments ourselves.

What are the planned tags?
Part 2's Tags - Sci-fi, Dystopian Setting, Graphic violence, Rape? :HideThePain:, Humiliation, Sexual Harassment, Romance and more

-------------------------

PATCH Ghost v1.0.1
  1. Adjustable font size (small, medium, large)
  2. Added text box background
- -

lukas7533

Jul 16, 2023
My biggest problem with the current 1.01 version of the game is use of AI voice. Its completely pointless, it serves no purpose and honestly I nearly shutdown the game just because of that. I literally can´t stand it.
Otherwise very promising project, so I will definitely check out part 2.