Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
The only grinding part(s) that I'd like to see looked at, is for the cooking/gardening/alchemy skills. Nothing overboard, just a minor increase to skill gains for those three*.
Aside from that, the other grinds are fine enough.

*Cooking with Samantha does increase the cooking skill faster, so maybe something similar with other characters for the other two skills could be more beneficial than simple skill-gain increases.
Certainly I wouldn't be opposed to a way of speeding up the rate of learning, perhaps a new type of plant to be foraged (but only with a hoe), or a new type of elixir (which needs extra ingredients)

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
not listening to/knowing your audience tends to result in bad games
Completely correct statement
Thing is BG clearly has an audience he listens to
You can find lots of his direct responses in this thread
And lots of the audience think his game is brilliant

My personal opinion (cos I know people won't search to find the umpteen previous times I've said so): Warlock and Boobs is by far the best game on this site and really does not need any game play style modifications.
My recommendation is try playing it all the way through without walkthroughs, cheats, editing save files, scum saving ... because that is the most enjoyable and fulfilling way.

And now you can all officailly hate me for being smug

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
I agree with everything you said except this part.

It's not what I want. It's about him following basic game design and story writing principles. The most rudimentary fundamentals of game design; proper quest logs and tutorials, and story writing concepts. Also using the correct terminology.

For example, he incorrectly uses the term erotomaniac when describing Krowly, when I think he actually means to say that Krowly is satyromaniac. Then if Krowly becomes highly feminine, he'd be considered a nymphomaniac. Which can then explain why he isn't seeking any kind of relationship building, intimacy or connection with any of the girls, just wanting empty casual sex.

Is expecting him to use terminology that makes sense really too much to ask? :unsure: I'm not faulting him harshly for this,I don't think english is his first language, it's not his fault and he's probably overwhelmed with lots of work, so his fans can help him, that's no big deal right?

If Krowly was hypothetically an erotomaniac, then he'd be thinking that Fina is in love with him; especially since she's in a position of power (study erotomania psychology), and he'd be trying to actively pursue a romantic and intimate relationship with Fina, because he thinks that Fina is infatuated/in love with him; erotomania. But that's not the case, so it's annoying that the game implies one thing, but then doesn't follow through due to writing problems.

EDIT: if boobsgames is russian, then I think erotomaniac = satyromaniac in russian, but in english erotomaniac has a different meaning, so that threw me off when playing the game.
I'm beginning to feel a bit like King Cnut (I have checked and I have spelled that correctly)

OK - going through the thrust of this:
It's not what I want. - err yes it is
It's about him following basic game design - a subjective opinion
and story writing principles. - a subjective opinion
The most rudimentary fundamentals of game design; - a subjective opinion
proper quest logs - a subjective opinion
and tutorials, - a subjective opinion
and story writing concepts. - a subjective opinion
Also using the correct terminology. - a subjective opinion

All of these are subjective issues (even the terminology one because of the different definitions of terminology you can get from different sources).

It is fine that you don't like the way Boobsgames does things and that you express your dislike. But you really cannot assume a position as some type of representative for all gameplayers based on your personal preferences. I for one disagree with a number of them (and I am a gameplayer).

I would add Wikipedia is based on the idea of an encyclopaedia rather than a dictionary so it is not always the best place to look up the common usage meaning for words. It is much more likely to give you a description of the way a word is used professionally. Erotomaniac is commonly used to describe anybody who has an unusually high sexual drive.

dupefrog

Nov 17, 2019
Any help appreciated i went with krowly on a new quest and asked about the church ruins i put pushed over the statue to enter the church and put the gem in the painting now im stuck in the bottom of the basement and i dont know where im supposed to go next any ideas? i walked around the room a bunch but only found this tiny crack in the floor not sure if theres anything to interact with

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Any help appreciated i went with krowly on a new quest and asked about the church ruins i put pushed over the statue to enter the church and put the gem in the painting now im stuck in the bottom of the basement and i dont know where im supposed to go next any ideas? i walked around the room a bunch but only found this tiny crack in the floor not sure if theres anything to interact with
There's something in that room you need. That's the reason you went there in the first place. Afterwards, Erik will get you out.

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
To whom it may concern, it appears that if for some reason you revisit the hidden cellar beneath the church ruins, this time Erik won't get you out. You'll need to use the return spell (or reload a save if you don't have enough mana)

jems666

Jun 22, 2022
I finished the tea party quest, talked to that priestess long long ago yet I can't start the fina letter quest, talking to her in her house does nothing

also how do i get to the bandits wasteland

Last edited:

boobsgames

May 16, 2020
To whom it may concern, it appears that if for some reason you revisit the hidden cellar beneath the church ruins, this time Erik won't get you out. You'll need to use the return spell (or reload a save if you don't have enough mana)
If Eric Keeps suggesting to go there, I recommend to update the game. Current version is 0.400.0.3

Last edited:
Reactions: PBS666

bibandrius

May 5, 2021
I only have four questions. First - can I bring Volt a screwdriver in the latest version of the game? Second - when will the orc camp be ready? Three - can't I put my dick in the empty dragon's eye socket in the goblin dungeon? And four - will I ever be able to join Rose under the waterfall? 74.png 76.png

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 174 Votes