taler

Oct 5, 2017
But you are worng, there are plenty of well integrated main stories with optional main characters when it comes to relationships, sex talk is just kept to a minimum or none at all outside sex scenes, that way it barely changes anything for the main story and even easiere when game has no pregnancy which is why alot of games dosent have that, but some has optional harems like "A Foreign World", "Genex Love", "16 years later" all games where you can go full harem or stay faithfull to just a single one and it dosent effect main story in any way, even big harem games like "Lust Academy" that has 40+ LIs where not a single one is forced and you can choose if you want friendship or sexual relationship with any of them or none of them and still do their questlines either way.
That's what I said. You're just okay with the choice between having sex or not having sex with a character. That's not "where you can play MC the way you want to as the player". If I want to have a character beheaded I can't. You can't integrate that into the main story. The main story also doesn't take into account whether you have a big harem or not, the story just stays very small and self contained so that the harem characters are interchangable. That's not "integrated" in my book.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
That's what I said. You're just okay with the choice between having sex or not having sex with a character. That's not "where you can play MC the way you want to as the player". If I want to have a character beheaded I can't. You can't integrate that into the main story. The main story also doesn't take into account whether you have a big harem or not, the story just stays very small and self contained so that the harem characters are interchangable. That's not "integrated" in my book.
No, in some of the games i talked about the characters are integrated in the hole story like 16 years later you have a familie you live with and interact with but your free to pick who to have a relationship with or not and the characters change depending on what you do so they are fully integrated and is in no way interchangeable since they are all part of the hole main story.

The way wartribe is made is more like a full kinetic story when it comes to main story and main LIs since your forced to follow a set questline with no choices at all or you wont be able to progress the main story and that im really not a fan off.

But your right i do love games where you have a choice in relationships since thats pretty much the main and most importen thing for a AVN and your right you will proberly never see a game with 100% freedom to do what you want since you can always come up with something that cant be in there, like playing a stoneage time period and wanting to go buy a spaceship, which is why things like relationships and kinks/fetishes are the most importen part to make optional without that its pretty much just a kinetic novel.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
No, in some of the games i talked about the characters are integrated in the hole story like 16 years later you have a familie you live with and interact with but your free to pick who to have a relationship with or not and the characters change depending on what you do so they are fully integrated and is in no way interchangeable since they are all part of the hole main story.

The way wartribe is made is more like a full kinetic story when it comes to main story and main LIs since your forced to follow a set questline with no choices at all or you wont be able to progress the main story and that im really not a fan off.

But your right i do love games where you have a choice in relationships since thats pretty much the main and most importen thing for a AVN and your right you will proberly never see a game with 100% freedom to do what you want since you can always come up with something that cant be in there, like playing a stoneage time period and wanting to go buy a spaceship, which is why things like relationships and kinks/fetishes are the most importen part to make optional without that its pretty much just a kinetic novel.
You might just have a low standard for what integrated means, sounds like you're happy with Mass Effect 3 style consequences where the story is basically the same regardless of which characters survive.

A proper VN like Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime will have a completely different story depending on which choices and which girl is picked.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
You might just have a low standard for what integrated means, sounds like you're happy with Mass Effect 3 style consequences where the story is basically the same regardless of which characters survive.

A proper VN like Fate/Stay Night or Tsukihime will have a completely different story depending on which choices and which girl is picked.
Cant say im a fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age and The Witcher series was pretty good :)

As for VNs my favorite is proberly Leap of faith cece route which also has all characters integrated by your standards and outcomes depends on which girl you pick, it has alot of diffrent endings, VNs like that are rare though so you cant really expect that from every single VN, no clue how wartribe will end but you cant say its not kinetic as it is now, so kinda supprised that you even played this one if your standards are so high and your right my standards are low when it comes to intergration as long as i can deside who to fuck im happy and that would be enough for it not to feel so kinetic, but in wartribe it wouldent supprise me if MC will never be able to pick a wife, so it will proberly end with all of them becoming hes wives since you cant turn anyone down or change anything in the story so far.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Haven't played the game for a while and was wondering if I choose Isha, does the MC not get to have the other 3 as part of his harem? Or if I choose the harem route will Isha stick around and become an LI of the MC. I tried searching on the forum but didn't really find a clear answer. It kind of sucks if he doesn't get a 4 from Rahm. That seems to kind of defeat the purpose of a harem game. When I play a harem game, I get greedy and want all the women in the game.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
It seems the game contradicts itself with the whole Ezra storyline. Even after taking the potion to make Ezra a girl the MC still refers to Ezra as him. Seems like it's a coding issue in some way. Why give the MC the opportunity to change Ezra's body if the dialogue doesn't match?

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For your first question: Yes. You get all of the girls but in exchange you make their Matriarch hostile to an extent. This happens mostly because the girls know the "Dark Elves" aren't bad people so you'll get a representative from them as well.
P.S:I didn't go the "it is what it is" route so IDK if Isha leaves if you don't choose her or like Stacia/Fredrika she will come back later in the story.

As for your second question: Atm he changes at will. I believe it's because he can't permanently stay as a woman since he has trouble controlling the powers of the grand spirit. So for now the change happens only when you wish for it.
Either that or he stays the way he is for those that knew him as a man for so long.

I believe it's the former but IDK for certain.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Cant say im a fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age and The Witcher series was pretty good :)

As for VNs my favorite is proberly Leap of faith cece route which also has all characters integrated by your standards and outcomes depends on which girl you pick, it has alot of diffrent endings, VNs like that are rare though so you cant really expect that from every single VN, no clue how wartribe will end but you cant say its not kinetic as it is now, so kinda supprised that you even played this one if your standards are so high and your right my standards are low when it comes to intergration as long as i can deside who to fuck im happy and that would be enough for it not to feel so kinetic, but in wartribe it wouldent supprise me if MC will never be able to pick a wife, so it will proberly end with all of them becoming hes wives since you cant turn anyone down or change anything in the story so far.
I agree that wartribe is mostly linear and the choices are mostly fake. I was just talking about your original standard of being able to be the character you want to be, which can't really be done without AI or a system like Fiction.live. I do lower my standards and accept that most indie devs don't have the budget or the skills to do a proper VN that could match up to the professional japanese ones. It's just really hard to devote dev time to content that only 5% of players will find if there are real routes and I get that. But that effort is what makes the game actually feel immersive beyond being just a story. I still like Wartribe a lot because the individual storylines are generally very good with a couple of misses but the overall quality is still up there.

Reactions: MikesDK

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
I think while the fast travel system with the girls solves the girl (i.e. Love interest) specific events by putting it in entirely VN mode with the player seeing whether they're up to date or not, those don't take into account all the events which happen in the game that is either the main story or involving multiple characters.

So for all those non-LI specific events, player is ending up going around the clicking basically every location and try to see whether an unseen event can be triggered.

And this I'm putting forth as a constructive criticism towards MrRooster but it is definitely one of the flaws with the current sandbox.
I'd say the game should have either;

- Another VN mode which players can access those non-LI specific events
or
- A proper journal system which keeps track of these non-LI specific events in a list of sorts and instructs the player which place to go in order to trigger each event, and tells the player whether they're all up to date in terms of completed.

With the latter (i.e. journal system), games like Desert Stalker, & The DeLuca Family (really great games) uses it, and it helps the player keep track of whether they've completed all the content and what they need to do to trigger each event.

Regarding Wartribe, I finished Monica's event as well as the bathhouse event with Luce, Magda, Rhea, Joy (both which can't be accessed through fast travel), and I still have no idea whether I finished all these non-LI specific events because the game doesn't have any indicator (and as I've said before, at times one can guess which building to click in order to access events, but other times player has to blindly click on all the buildings to find any events one may have missed is no fun).

And don't get me wrong, I like the story of the game a lot.
It's just that these additional system (like the Journal or another VN mode for non LI specific events ) will go a long way in making the game feel more player friendly and less of a chore in terms of the gameplay).
totlly aggreed with you...i don't know if i have finished the Monica event or not...i'm at the point when the enemy should ttack ornge city and i can't find anymore trigger to it...it is how it ended in this update or what?

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
To be fair, there isn't all that much sandbox in terms of locations to visit. But every step of a storyline will require visiting a certain place (via sandbox) to kick off the next part of the story. But it's explained pretty well each time if (in the MC's room) you check the character logs to see what's needed next. It still might not be your style (not going to guess whether it is or not), but personally I don't find the sandbox element a big deal. View attachment 3447638
not this time, i checked all girls log and there was the same phrase for every girls.You have reached the end of 1.98 content...but then magiclly i activated Monica event cliking somewhere...this is not good... and now i don't know if i completed monica content or not..there should be some journl for main quest, cuz Monica in nowehre to be found into logs

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
not this time, i checked all girls log and there was the same phrase for every girls.You have reached the end of 1.98 content...but then magiclly i activated Monica event cliking somewhere...this is not good... and now i don't know if i completed monica content or not..there should be some journl for main quest, cuz Monica in nowehre to be found into logs
I said "it's explained pretty well", not perfectly. A few instances where an error might exist doesn't change my overall view of the hint system. I stand by what I already said. And do you mean v1.9.6 maybe? The OP wasn't updated with 1.9.8, so I haven't played that version. (Ofc, I haven't gotten to v1.9.6, either.)

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
does the update ends with Monica going to her country but being followed by someone with a knife? i think the same one that had Cherry free?

MrRooster

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2020
does the update ends with Monica going to her country but being followed by someone with a knife? i think the same one that had Cherry free?
Yes, Once you make it to that scene Monica is gone and the main storyline is paused for now.
Next update we'll have a huge party!

I want to point out that there should be content in the Brothel for

And Rhea's early content is remade. Some of their scenes have been hugely reworked. It's worth going over, because the early scenes are totally redone. About 8 scenes for each of the two paths. You can see those in the replay system, but I recommend loading an early save or starting a new game to catch Rhea's early scenes. If that is something that interests you.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
It seems like some of the storylines haven't been updated since the last time I played which was quite a few months ago or longer. A perfect example is Priscilla's storyline. Last time I played it seems the story hasn't progressed at all. Checking on the character log makes it seems like her story hasn't gone anywhere new for a long time. I'm curious if it's the same with most of the LI's in the game.

PhoenixRage23

May 24, 2020
Have any of the main LI's storylines been updated? So far it doesn't seem like there's been any new event happening with any of them. Or any major update for the main girls.

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
One thing I refused to be Taliya's master (I didn't have sex with her) but in the Characters Logs it appears as if I had accepted it, it is clearly a bug but it is only of the Log or also of the variable in the game code.
1711224115381.png

Reactions: MrRooster

Knickers2504

May 7, 2022
This has nothing to do with the game or the developer as my gripe is the f95 website but I really hate how any paid intercourse gives the game the "prostitution" tag. I am absolutely certain that anyone who is sorting by that tag is not looking for what the 95% of the website tags as "prostitution".

I guess in this game you could argue that the male MC "works" in the brothel for female clients but its annoying how sorting by "prostitution" tag has no chance of getting you what you want.

4.20 star(s) 51 Votes