Others Weinende Rose [v0.2.04] [ZetRayan]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ZetRayan

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Too hard... those blue monsters always kill me and then I start at the very start so I deleted the game.
this is strange. The game must be saved on transitions between levels and on two checkpoints. Regarding the complexity, I can not independently evaluate it. It all looks too simple to me. It's all about regular tests of the game. For example, I recorded a video the first time without dying and without splices. In addition, the game has a huge number of items with which you can restore HP, which I thought would greatly simplify the game.

Probably key bindings, and something like a target lock so it’s easier to swing around? or something to like, move the camera focus (so you can see above or below your char for easier “viewing” where you can “switch” from for ”swinging”... Well I know this stuff can be linked to “difficulty” of the game but there are times when there’s just a split second where you can “target” another one of those points or when you swing, the game would auto-target the one you are on before. But seriously, I missed swinging around like spiderman xD (though honestly, this could be an issue if you are gonna use something like those ”platforms” disappearing or reappearing in intervals, but then again, other games aren’t always perfect in executing such stuffs).

Oh, also a mini-stun for some, maybe lesser mobs when using the hook for attacking (and pulling them in) so mobs like the slime don’t get a free ride to H-attack you (actually this is kinda optional IMO)
Ean has told me about this many times, but it all turned out to be very impractical and inconvenient for me. The game has this function, but it has a different type of chain. I thought it wasn't very comfortable, but by the next update I can get it back without any problems and adapt this aiming mechanics.
Slime is a special enemy that does not deal damage and tries to throw the player into the abyss. However, much has not been thought out yet. We are all self taught and don't know much about game design

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Ean has told me about this many times, but it all turned out to be very impractical and inconvenient for me. The game has this function, but it has a different type of chain. I thought it wasn't very comfortable, but by the next update I can get it back without any problems and adapt this aiming mechanics.
Slime is a special enemy that does not deal damage and tries to throw the player into the abyss. However, much has not been thought out yet. We are all self taught and don't know much about game design
Well current “targetting” isn’t really outright hard, though there are times it feels like it’s acting up, since the “chain” tries to “automatically” hook-up on these ”hook points”, at times it fails to grasp the right one (one example are the three (?) points with a pit fall down under pass the 2 dryads (?) some place under) Imma try again there later after trying this patch.

ZetRayan

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Well current “targetting” isn’t really outright hard, though there are times it feels like it’s acting up, since the “chain” tries to “automatically” hook-up on these ”hook points”, at times it fails to grasp the right one (one example are the three (?) points with a pit fall down under pass the 2 dryads (?) some place under) Imma try again there later after trying this patch.
It selects the optimal target based on the angle, direction keys pressed, and distance to the target. In other words, the closest in angle and distance will be the chosen target.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Wooh... surprised I got attacked by a doppelganger right of the bat out of nowhere xD

Hmmmm... it combined with the spear-throwing goblin (?) surprise me at first (and I fell from their combined knockup and knockback attacks a few times).

Also weird that sometimes I jump on those short wooden platforms and then “passes through” them and falls. (Good thing there is a landing below)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, lol, seems like the hook points I was try to go through is a dead end, or atleast, a shortcut kinda thing, but only downwards (wastrying to go upwards xD)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also just found out you can use Shift+Direction Arrow to for “Camera View” to view things further which solves my problem when not knowing if there is any other hook spot near my vicinity xD

Edit: Still having troubles with switching between hook points specially if the distance between you, the hook point you are in, the one you are aiming for is almost close to each other (I think it was the 3rd to the last and 2nd to last hook points going upwards in the first check point as a good example? (Forgot to take pic lol)

Edit 2: Imagine dying when trying to grab hold on a hook point and a rolling slime suddenly lunges at you, so you auto-hooked on it instead and you fall into a pit fall together :KEK:

Last edited:

ZetRayan

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Also, lol, seems like the hook points I was try to go through is a dead end, or atleast, a shortcut kinda thing, but only downwards (wastrying to go upwards xD)
At this point, it is impossible to pass by swinging. Only using a different method. Open F1 and scroll to the mechanics tab. There it is shown on gifs and a description of how to use it. You can also open the video that is in the very first post of the thread.

The game also has a small level map, but it is not perfect.

Скрин 2.png Скрин 3.png

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
At this point, it is impossible to pass by swinging. Only using a different method. Open F1 and scroll to the mechanics tab. There it is shown on gifs and a description of how to use it. You can also open the video that is in the very first post of the thread.

The game also has a small level map, but it is not perfect.

View attachment 704778 View attachment 704779
Yeah.. all-in-all game is currently good.. waiting for more (specially the H-scenes hehe)

D

Deleted member 2166807

Giving to this patreon was an easy decision. Looking forwards to seeing it expand, with pixel art quality of this caliber it will absolutely blow up in supporters when there is more meat to it.

• Hey there
Reactions: ZetRayan

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
I went through the door next to the Probirka and as i was swinging up, i got sniped by a slime and fell through the side of the map.
Pressing R did nothing, so i assume the game softlocked.

ZetRayan

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
I went through the door next to the Probirka and as i was swinging up, i got sniped by a slime and fell through the side of the map.
Pressing R did nothing, so i assume the game softlocked.
This is strange.Checking both versions of the game I tried to find a bug, but everything works as it should. If the R button doesn't work, it means the game is probably frozen. Anyway, I'll see what else might be wrong. Thank you for your feedback.

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
This is strange.Checking both versions of the game I tried to find a bug, but everything works as it should. If the R button doesn't work, it means the game is probably frozen. Anyway, I'll see what else might be wrong. Thank you for your feedback.
I haven't been able to replicate it myself, so i guess it's just a one-off bug.

D

Deleted member 606724

This game misses music when will you add music?

ZetRayan

Game Developer
May 18, 2020
We have frozen development indefinitely to rework everything. Sound and music should appear in the next version.
Hey Hey, we did not freeze development, but only the request for funds on the patron and simply do not inform what we are doing and do not update the demo yet. Development is going on as before, just slower and not informative.

bluudes

Jan 24, 2020
This has everything we love in erotic games ! Excited to play more when it's a little more complete. Keep it up this is great, also fighting mechanics are heckin' amazing well done !! :D

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: ZetRayan
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote