Ren'Py Welcome to the Friendship Club! [v0.5] [ZorniteB]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes

ZorniteB

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2023
thanks god, i was going 1 by 1 hopping to get the right answer
I'll put my hands up and say there was a bit of a fucky wucky on my part while doing the first version of 2p1 where the answer for the beach was accidentally changed to Kanoi Beach instead of Kosei beach. I was writing Kanoi scenes and...well you can see what might have happened as I went through some code.

That does bring me to realize that I should point that there is an updated patched with that fixed (alongside one event that just lost an image for some reason.)

Honestly didn't point out the patched version on this site cause I forgot. I'll try to remember to note this place as well in the future.

TheViagron

Sep 29, 2022
I'll put my hands up and say there was a bit of a fucky wucky on my part while doing the first version of 2p1 where the answer for the beach was accidentally changed to Kanoi Beach instead of Kosei beach. I was writing Kanoi scenes and...well you can see what might have happened as I went through some code.

That does bring me to realize that I should point that there is an updated patched with that fixed (alongside one event that just lost an image for some reason.)

Honestly didn't point out the patched version on this site cause I forgot. I'll try to remember to note this place as well in the future.
not a big thing tbh, i got the beach right actually, what got me was the "which number did (forgot the name) said to be friend", and at that point in the game history, i didnt had yet meet that girl, anyways the game is fun and i like the humor

HELIO CESAR

May 30, 2018
Bro, played the game and really liked it, only suggestion i think about is perhaps an indicative to when a person has seem all the available content, like, check if after an event is over and if all events are seen a text shows saying that.
And i wanted to know, are you brasileiro? That Maria Silva and the Palmeiras shirt couldn't come from a non brasileiro kkkk.
Good luck with the game, really diging it's vibe!

ZorniteB

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2023
Bro, played the game and really liked it, only suggestion i think about is perhaps an indicative to when a person has seem all the available content, like, check if after an event is over and if all events are seen a text shows saying that.
And i wanted to know, are you brasileiro? That Maria Silva and the Palmeiras shirt couldn't come from a non brasileiro kkkk.
Good luck with the game, really diging it's vibe!
Yeah with the V.03 update I do plan on adding a thing that only shows up when you have completed all events in that current version.

Also, mainly I just have a large interest in various sports. I do own a Palmeiras jersey myself hence it's inclusion lol.

Blueshirt616

Nov 2, 2021
The opening of the game states that it's recommended to have the sound on and that this may be important for the advancement of events
As someone with hearing difficulties, will their be alternative ways to progress?

Reactions: 69ztare

ZorniteB

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2023
The opening of the game states that it's recommended to have the sound on and that this may be important for the advancement of events
As someone with hearing difficulties, will their be alternative ways to progress?
That is a good question I straight up didn't think of, sorry.

Currently there is nothing in the game that requires listening to audio to progress certain events*, but there will be in the future.
I will likely add the answers for audio ones in a small file, and alert players of potential 'audio' questions.

Reactions: ArhraCole

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Nothing in the game is written to be 'oooo spooky spooky be scared' but it does have moments of 'weird things' happening.
I don't mind spooky as much, but hate downer psychological horror that makes me feel down.

I'm ok with "weird things" as long as it doesn't make me feel like shit afterwards.

Reactions: messerschmied
Sep 23, 2021
I don't mind spooky as much, but hate downer psychological horror that makes me feel down.

I'm ok with "weird things" as long as it doesn't make me feel like shit afterwards.
adding to this topic, it's the reverse for me. jump scares seem awkward in adult game. nothings makes a boner drop faster then Pennywise popping out of the corner to come for your nuts.

Reactions: SF691

69ztare

Nov 7, 2018
Man... The protagonist looks so dead! And it's so hot! Along with the expected flat chest, he is exactly my kind of girl. It's really a shame that he is a guy... :cry:

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
Why make the same game again?
MC that is depressed goes to college miraculously to teach a bunch of girls nothing. You repeat the same empty events over and over until a unique event happens. BUT WAIT tHeReS a sCaRy pArT with existential dread as if something remotely negative happens in the plot. All while MOST of the dialogue is MC talking in his own head about how unworthy he is or how little he wants to do what he went to X location for.

We get it, DDLC exists. And the 5 other AVN Sandboxes that are doing the same exact thing.

ALSO. The window title being "A RenPy Game" is lazy and should be fixed immediately, it's actually not like that BY DEFAULT, you just had to go down SEVEN lines and make show_name False to hide the name on the main menu. That's also default, by the way. The navigation is also solely done through renpy menus which gives the game such a boring feeling. I swear you all go to the same terrible pool of information when making a renpy game and it is depressing.

Reactions: Simpgor

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
Why make the same game again?
MC that is depressed goes to college miraculously to teach a bunch of girls nothing. You repeat the same empty events over and over until a unique event happens. BUT WAIT tHeReS a sCaRy pArT with existential dread as if something remotely negative happens in the plot. All while MOST of the dialogue is MC talking in his own head about how unworthy he is or how little he wants to do what he went to X location for.
I got though a week in game and I had to quit not only are your criticisms valid id add the rest of the dialog is mc making jokes that likely wont land (cant tell if its always intentional) but on top of that other than choosing what event to see I dont thnk i made a single choice, im sure offers choices as the game goes on (or skillfully dodged the dreaded kinetic tag) but being forced to go to a bunch of locations (many have been seen in other games mostly around the school) just do to some form of

MC: *i am here for friendship club* but in many more words with self deprecation
the only girl on the screen: does the thing their character does/insults MC (every girl gets one thing as is tradition ie gaming, fighting etc)
MC: ok are you going to be in this location usually?
you feel as if you are 2 points closer to (insert name here)

this game is probably set in purgatory but playing it made me absolutely feel like i was in purgatory

Reactions: MAD6999

Chaospanda83

Mar 21, 2020
The MC in this is so unlikeable I was like.
I'm used to the MC being a dumbass. In these kinda games. Par for the course. But to litterally have him Zone out during dialogue and monologue to himself while NPC's ask him questions ...

These animations are good ... but i'm really wasting my time here huh?

I refuse to devote time to a game that actively disrespects my time. Wasn't funny if that was the intent. So i quit.

Just feedback. You're gonna build the game you build. But ... I've never had a game do that before so I wanted to say something.

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I got though a week in game and I had to quit not only are your criticisms valid id add the rest of the dialog is mc making jokes that likely wont land (cant tell if its always intentional) but on top of that other than choosing what event to see I dont thnk i made a single choice, im sure offers choices as the game goes on (or skillfully dodged the dreaded kinetic tag) but being forced to go to a bunch of locations (many have been seen in other games mostly around the school) just do to some form of

MC: *i am here for friendship club* but in many more words with self deprecation
the only girl on the screen: does the thing their character does/insults MC (every girl gets one thing as is tradition ie gaming, fighting etc)
MC: ok are you going to be in this location usually?
you feel as if you are 2 points closer to (insert name here)

this game is probably set in purgatory but playing it made me absolutely feel like i was in purgatory
Thank you for being one of the first people to not attack my criticisms in the comments on this site, if nothing else

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
The look on his face at the end of the opening conversation sets the tone. I see people complaining about it being too wordy but I don't think they get what's not being said and missing WHY there's such a (modest sized) conversation in the beginning.

The dude's at the end of his rope! Imagine talking to this guy from her point view. Those dead fish eyes looking right through you until you say he just has to befriend people and he'll get a home and free food.

The ppl who complain about how much talking there is are so entitled, go play Grandma's House or WVM if this is too much reading.

I'm interested in this game ZorniteB, I wish you luck.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
This premise sounds very much like Danganronpa lol. I wonder if people will disappear or we will meet Junko or Monokuma here XD.

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes