VN Others Abandoned Wet Nightmares [v3.4] [erkerut]

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes

sonicmaste

Sep 10, 2018
2 years.
2 years waiting for new story content, and we got... NOTHING?!
Oh, yeah 75%, so maybe in 6 months we will see chapter 2, then maybe in my life time I'll see the end of the story?

I know it's not that easy to develop, as a really small team, a good story with all required assets, but I'm just done discovering good games that we know we will never see the end of it...
itchIo is literally the One Piece at that point

Nekuta61

Mar 25, 2024
2 years.
Oh, yeah 75%, so maybe in 6 months we will see chapter 2, then maybe in my life time I'll see the end of the story?

I know it's not that easy to develop, as a really small team, a good story with all required assets, but I'm just done discovering good games that we know we will never see the end of it...
Yeah i agree, a lot of those games are great, the art, design, stories, but unfortunately those kind of games either get very slow updates and then get abandoned later on or they will take between 5 to 10 years to be finished but at this point people aren't interested anymore or don't have the time to play those games (or even loses interest of hentai games in general).

And yeah, a lot of those games are made by either a single person or a small group of 3 to 6 people, and most of those people doesn't have a IRL job so their only revenues are from patreon and stuff, and when they don't get enough support/money, they disappear.

Reactions: sonicmaste

Tiwazfaust

Nov 7, 2017
2 years.

I actually went back to play the old early release to see what changed and it's amazing how little changed. What, pressing 'esc' doesn't automatically close the game anymore? They finally got the same system to work? There's still no rollback and the only story changes were a handful of static images.

It's laughable that it took them 2 years to implement features weirdos who want to share their obese furry fetish have coming out the gate. Why would I invest in any of their other projects if this is their standard of the work? Never mind that their PR guy is an absolute twat to everybody.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Like the work or don't, no big deal. We will continue to build the game and make sure it works as we want, afterall we don't make the game for you. The team has 1 artist and 1 programmer doing it part time. The last patch was a year ago. Since then, erk has created two chapters worth of art for chapter 1 and remastered all the assets, not only that but he has made all the assets for chapter 2 and we are finalizing the polish needed there as well.

For people not even paying for the game you sure complain a lot. Oh and me being a jerk here on a forum that is designed to take my labor and give it out to you for free, consider that your cost of entry. Take the karma on the chin.

Nekuta61

Mar 25, 2024
Like the work or don't, no big deal. We will continue to build the game and make sure it works as we want, afterall we don't make the game for you. The team has 1 artist and 1 programmer doing it part time. The last patch was a year ago. Since then, erk has created two chapters worth of art for chapter 1 and remastered all the assets, not only that but he has made all the assets for chapter 2 and we are finalizing the polish needed there as well.

For people not even paying for the game you sure complain a lot. Oh and me being a jerk here on a forum that is designed to take my labor and give it out to you for free, consider that your cost of entry. Take the karma on the chin.
It's not against you, but you too can't be mad at people for not paying to play an unfinished game that takes several months/years before a big update. If the games are being regularly updated or just fully finished, more people would buy those games. I understand too that being alone or with 1 or 2 person isn't helping at finishing a game faster, but then to fix that you either recruit more people into the project or you stay like this and have to deal with impatient people, sharing your game for free for not wanting to wait several years until the game's story and gallery is finally done.

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
It's not against you, but you too can't be mad at people for not paying to play an unfinished game that takes several months/years before a big update. If the games are being regularly updated or just fully finished, more people would buy those games. I understand too that being alone or with 1 or 2 person isn't helping at finishing a game faster, but then to fix that you either recruit more people into the project or you stay like this and have to deal with impatient people, sharing your game for free for not wanting to wait several years until the game's story and gallery is finally done.
Let's be real for a moment, not paying for something aka voting with your money, and pirating something are not the same thing. I don't suggest anyone buys games in development unless they really want to, that's how it should work, you vote with your wallet. But that also does not entitle you to pirate the game and act like it's a service being done on behalf of those making the game.

We won't be "fixing" the dev speed of the game, this is Erk's personal project, and he works hard on it, making it the way he wants to make it. I just make sure it gets put in front of customers and does not fail as a product in terms of UX and presentation. A massive part of this undertaking was correcting everything broken with the game itself, fixing menus, fixing logic, correcting save systems, optimizing content, English copy work, fixing assets to establish continuity, building the game to be more suitable for classic storefronts, hell we even ported the game to a new engine. That work is done now, and it won't need to be touched again. The only exception to that would be the logic scripting for endings. The game is fully written, what needs to be done is asset production. That is one man. It is his style, it won't change.

I see it like this, you all have a couple of choices now. Accept the fact that you're pirating my game and quit moaning about how long professional production work takes, or do as you have been and receive nasty comments from me calling out the bullshit - and before you think otherwise this is not directed at Nekuta even if I am replying to their comment, its more a blanket statement to anyone thinking about complaining.

sonicmaste

Sep 10, 2018
Ok, I have to answer to all of that...

For people not even paying for the game you sure complain a lot.
First of all Henley, we are not complaining to you here, we're talking between us of what we think about the project state, nobody even tried to aim you at any point, you are on this website by your own will, and I think I'm not wrong saying that everyone here always hope for the best relation between this website's users and the creators, even if we try to give access to those games to everyone. (personally for different reasons each time I work on it)
That's like a weird situation where we want at the same time to give all support to projects we like, and still give access to everyone, because it's not something people can easily put money into sometimes.

Now that it was said... I'll now aim to you, and not Erkerut.

Like the work or don't, no big deal. We will continue to build the game and make sure it works as we want, afterall we don't make the game for you.
I'll be as clear as possible with you there: yeah, we didn't bought the game, and each of us have our reasons to do so...
We still are passionate and keep an eye on your work, THEN some of us will buy it to support developers as soon as we can, or at least try to promote it as much as we can.
(let be honest, except if something good happen, personally I'll not give you a dime after that, but I'll be really happy to tip Erkerut, they deserve it a lot)
, and

I just make sure it gets put in front of customers and does not fail as a product in terms of UX and presentation. A massive part of this undertaking was correcting everything broken with the game itself, fixing menus, fixing logic, correcting save systems, optimizing content, English copy work, fixing assets to establish continuity, building the game to be more suitable for classic storefronts, hell we even ported the game to a new engine. That work is done now, and it won't need to be touched again.
That update just, for me, made me realize that you are not trying that hard...
The first screen, the FIRST THING YOU SEE already have issues in that update, just by clicking anywhere else than the buttons... Nothing important, but how can we take your 2 years of work seriously after that...?

You seems good willed, but what you show us is not worth the wait, and even less our money after that...
And sorry, but a project with a Patreon aside, then a Merch link directly put into the game's menu is a huge red flag to me after 2 years.
I don't have enough money to bet on all those projects that I like that seems to never move forward, I'll wait for the full release and hope people that trust you enough will help you with money.

Hope you the best, hope Erkerut even more, but my trust is gone for now.

EDIT:
Don't know if "pirating" players' feedback is worth your read, but now that I really tried the new version here, there is still some UX issues:
- Skip function can just stop working after some menuing
- Exiting the game can lead to save menu, with "do you want to save?" prompt on top, glitching out the menu fully
- like I said, clicking anywhere else than the language buttons skip it, and the "development statut" page too

Last edited:

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Ok, I have to answer to all of that...

First of all Henley, we are not complaining to you here, we're talking between us of what we think about the project state, nobody even tried to aim you at any point, you are on this website by your own will, and I think I'm not wrong saying that everyone here always hope for the best relation between this website's users and the creators, even if we try to give access to those games to everyone. (personally for different reasons each time I work on it)
That's like a weird situation where we want at the same time to give all support to projects we like, and still give access to everyone, because it's not something people can easily put money into sometimes.

Now that it was said... I'll now aim to you, and not Erkerut.

I'll be as clear as possible with you there: yeah, we didn't bought the game, and each of us have our reasons to do so...
We still are passionate and keep an eye on your work, THEN some of us will buy it to support developers as soon as we can, or at least try to promote it as much as we can.
(let be honest, except if something good happen, personally I'll not give you a dime after that, but I'll be really happy to tip Erkerut, they deserve it a lot)
, and

The first screen, the FIRST THING YOU SEE already have issues in that update, just by clicking anywhere else than the buttons... Nothing important, but how can we take your 2 years of work seriously after that...?

You seems good willed, but what you show us is not worth the wait, and even less our money after that...
And sorry, but a project with a Patreon aside, then a Merch link directly put into the game's menu is a huge red flag to me after 2 years.
I don't have enough money to bet on all those projects that I like that seems to never move forward, I'll wait for the full release and hope people that trust you enough will help you with money.

EDIT:
Don't know if "pirating" players' feedback is worth your read, but now that I really tried the new version here, there is still some UX issues:
- Exiting the game can lead to save menu, with "do you want to save?" prompt on top, glitching out the menu fully
- like I said, clicking anywhere else than the language buttons skip it, and the "development statut" page too
Good, give Erk money. This is his game. I pay him to make the game so he can continue to live and make the game without worries. He also gets money from sales. Let me get into your nonsense.

you are on this website by your own will
I'm here because you're pirating the game I work hard on, the same game that supports the income of several people. SO yeah no, free will has nothing to do with it.

How noble of you. Don't confuse yourself though, you might not be taking money out of our pockets (because I doubt you would actually ever pay for your entertainment to begin with), but you do cause all manner of stress and issues due to your entitlement. You want all the privilege that comes with being a customer without wanting to support the projects. I have said this many times before on this site, you can communicate as much as you like about the game process, but if you pirate my games, I will have zero respect for you and your opinions.

And it isn't just me, I communicate with a LOT of adult game developers on the daily, as we generally like to support one another as much as possible. F95 in general, is viewed with a lot distaste and mockery due to how people tend to act here. It would be one thing if you were all willing to be self-aware about what it is that happens here, but generally, you don't.

If you don't have the money to buy our games, that is fine, real life always comes first. But again, you're pirating the game which the sale of supports people who need income to live so there is nothing to discuss on that matter. The only reason you keep an eye on our work is because, to you, it's free entertainment. I know for a fact no one here reads our official news or pays attention to the community aspect of our games and development (both of which are free) because the same questions get repeated here, over and over. So that "passion" is just another veil of poppycock to justify being here.

Also, you taking away the money you never would have paid me or Erk is meaningless, like "oh I would have given you money for the game you spent months building but because you called me thief now I won't", naw dawg don't kid yourself with that kinda talk, no one is buying it lol.

If you think we are not trying hard. Make a video game, then we can talk. The feedback on the language screen we will take on though as that is a good observation. I don't need you to take my work seriously, because you have proven you already don't. Bro please, don't hold your make-believe money above us like bait. You never buy games, don't pretend you do.

The whole argument here is wrong on so many levels. Let's say you as a pirate really like our game (strange to think about right?) by your logic, having a Patreon is bad because we want to give people an option to support us. And the merch link is a red flag? Kid that is there to give people like you who like the work and want something extra.

If you pirate our game and then choose to buy merch or join the Patreon for a month to get ALL our games, then the system works. But you just complain, you think because there is a way to click off the language selection page that the whole game is trash.

I read all feedback.

- skip options are based on your selection of the options menu. Unseen text, Dialogue choices, etc.
- the save prompt shows up if you leave the game while playing the story. if you say no, its won't take you to the save menu.
- the dev cta has no buttons, so that is working as intended. The language page feedback we will take on.

Lyingbastard

Sep 5, 2020
You know what? Fair enough. I'ma sign up for the itch.io and discord and when the next version comes out, I'll buy it.

One thing from this version, and it's a minor thing, but it's kind of funny to have the narrator mention how much the girl's "red panties" are turning him on, when we're getting a close up of her clearly black panties.

Reactions: sonicmaste

Henley

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
You know what? Fair enough. I'ma sign up for the itch.io and discord and when the next version comes out, I'll buy it.

One thing from this version, and it's a minor thing, but it's kind of funny to have the narrator mention how much the girl's "red panties" are turning him on, when we're getting a close up of her clearly black panties.
Wait really? I've poured over this script for months. You sure he didn't talk about her leggings and not her panties?

3.20 star(s) 19 Votes