goodleystan

Sep 2, 2017
I'm looking forward to the second update - after being burned by other developers, I could see myself becoming a patron again if this level of polish and content became regular. I really appreciate what you've done here. Seriously, this is great stuff and I hope the income from this swells for you.

JTmon

Aug 7, 2019
Ok I just downloaded the port on an android device and checked it. You are right there is an error. The reason being that I have written the code in a way that that screen uses the text box from the gui. But since android's gui is different, the image doesn't exist.

I am really sorry for it, man. And had I known that android's gui is different I would have coded it differently. I will definitely fix this for the next release, and code it differently for all future updates.

You shouldn't have any issues doing Maple's story.
Got it. Thanks for acknowledging my report. Guess Ill wait for the next update.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Some clarifications about tracking the progress of 0.2:

We plan to change the way we track progress. The current method could be misleading due to the large number of bugs (which include editing text and correcting images). So I don't know if it is common practice in the industry, but we are going to separate the main progress from the edit/debug one. In the hope that you will have a more accurate idea of how we are going.

The debug/edit tasks will increase with time (as we keep finding things, or finish a text and have to edit it), but it should generally take less time to complete these tasks than those of the main progress tracker.

Last edited:

norali

Nov 23, 2018
Great game man! A little feedback here, the hint system should have a shorcut in the main interface, it's a bit annoying having to go to the tent, the chest and then click and click. Keep it up! Any clue when next update will be out? Thanks!

Reactions: Jarul and Tumai

allinon

Sep 12, 2017
This one is instant classic. Also i read through the comments. And found some of them to be.. Well a little petulant. Yet you kept being calm and mature, and your approach was perfect. You seem like a cool and reasonable guy, so don't let negative comments get to you. Am sure you can tell when you receive objective criticism. Now am saying that because, i did got a little pissed reading through them. :) You work on masterpiece, keep it up dude, and stay strong!

Last edited:
Reactions: magicnuts and Jarul

Gongoru

Oct 20, 2018
Looks very adorable, i hope elan of idea not end with 0.2v and this game will be whole and with regular updates (unlike other potboiler with 60k income)

• Haha
Reactions: Jarul

lostfrog

Feb 16, 2020
Really impressive for a first release. I'm sure if you keep on working hard this'll be one of the top games here in the future! Good luck.

Reactions: magicnuts

NMMMN

Feb 19, 2020
Hey thanks for making this awesome game, congrats on killing it! Great choice of gameplay, you really captured the characters expression. I noticed you even have keyframes of lip sync, which is a nice touch. It made a big difference compared to most static VN's. Another effective reusing of assets its with the poses, keeping the torso the same but using the face/arms to convey expression (well played!).
Art style is dope, its unanimous (plus you can actually tell the characters are believably adults).
The delivery of the story is great, the characters feel for the most part geniuine in this world. Minus some of the crying expressions lol, I think you were missing an emotion for sad and used the one with tears (pixie encounter for ex). This is awesome, it's like a familiar friend you like that wants to get comfy and crack jokes with you but in a fantasy adventure kind of way.
The world is beatiful and alive. From the warm candle lit tent, the smoke from the chimneys, twinkle of the water, and the animated rabbit/wolf, etc, are again simple but effective use of your resources, creating the comfy fantasy world.
If I were you, I wouldnt worry about progressing the story too quickly, I'm enjoying exploring the intricasies of the world. Talking with characters/events but one thing to add is objects that can be inspected and hidden throughtout the scenes that could give further insight in the lore/characetrs/etc.
Time to wrap up this is v long lol..
TL;DR Since my first review got rejected as inappropriate, I rate this 5/5, and everyone should sit back by the campfire and crack a cold one with the gypse while we wait for the adventure. No rush :D

Reactions: magicnuts and Jarul

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Ok, finally finished 0.1 and LOVED IT!! :love:

The art is amazing, the characters and their expressions (facial and hand gestures) are fantastic :D
The writing is funny as hell :D
and also all the girls are beautiful, but Maple, OMG, she is so f*** ADORABLE and CUTE that i couldn't handle it, she's a little angel :love:
Fantastic job on her and i hope she will never be sad again :giggle:

it's a 10/10 for a 0.1 :giggle:(y):cool:

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
This game, ladies and gentleman, is a true Masterpiece!

I usually don't play 2D hand-drawn novels, but the previews here were so tempting I had to download and play this game. And I'm loving it! This really is a Masterpiece on so many levels. First, the art is fantastic! I absolutely love all characters, backgrounds, maps, animations, everything is crafted with so much love and passion, every little detail! Then there's the dialogue: fresh, funny, entertaining, easy to follow -- again: I'm loving it! And third: the coding! I couldn't believe that this is a Renpy game, because it's so perfectly coded, all the little animations and transitions, even the navigation are so spot-on, I've never ever played any Renpy game which is close to this level of perfection!

Actually, this feels like a real game! It's funny, the sound/music is great, the art is beautiful and sexy, and so far no bugs (at least not for me).

Keep up the great work! You all did an amazing job!

An please, don't rush any updates, take all the time you need to keep this a 10 out of 10 game!

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
Great game man! A little feedback here, the hint system should have a shorcut in the main interface, it's a bit annoying having to go to the tent, the chest and then click and click. Keep it up! Any clue when next update will be out? Thanks!
Thank you for your feedback. The hint was meant to be additional help for when you're stuck. But come to think of it, when I myself play games I keep going back to the hint more than perhaps it was planned. So I completely understand what you mean with the inconvenience. We don't have any immediate plans for changing it, though, as we are focusing on the content. But the UX is important and you have a valid point. So we will rethink it in the future.

Will this game have multiple endings?
As of now, we have only one ending planned. That being said, there we are open to the idea.

Not sure if your interested but if you have a subscribe star I'd donate immediately. This look amazing.
Thank you very much for the thought, man. We don't have a subscribe star account. Maybe later. But really appreciate it.

Hey thanks for making this awesome game, congrats on killing it! Great choice of gameplay, you really captured the characters expression. I noticed you even have keyframes of lip sync, which is a nice touch. It made a big difference compared to most static VN's. Another effective reusing of assets its with the poses, keeping the torso the same but using the face/arms to convey expression (well played!).
Art style is dope, its unanimous (plus you can actually tell the characters are believably adults).
The delivery of the story is great, the characters feel for the most part geniuine in this world. Minus some of the crying expressions lol, I think you were missing an emotion for sad and used the one with tears (pixie encounter for ex). This is awesome, it's like a familiar friend you like that wants to get comfy and crack jokes with you but in a fantasy adventure kind of way.
The world is beatiful and alive. From the warm candle lit tent, the smoke from the chimneys, twinkle of the water, and the animated rabbit/wolf, etc, are again simple but effective use of your resources, creating the comfy fantasy world.
If I were you, I wouldnt worry about progressing the story too quickly, I'm enjoying exploring the intricasies of the world. Talking with characters/events but one thing to add is objects that can be inspected and hidden throughtout the scenes that could give further insight in the lore/characetrs/etc.
Time to wrap up this is v long lol..
TL;DR Since my first review got rejected as inappropriate, I rate this 5/5, and everyone should sit back by the campfire and crack a cold one with the gypse while we wait for the adventure. No rush :D
Thank you. We are thrilled that you like it so much. I like your idea about adding more lore/insights through objects that you can interact with or dialogue. We did a bit of that (the coat of arms in that, and a convo with Kevin the guard) but there's room for improvement. Cheers for the feedback.

cichy96

Feb 26, 2020
This game have a great potential! Most of "I-want-to-fuck-everything MC" are boring and recurrent, but he is well writed and really funny. Arts are amazing, I love this style, story is ridiculous (few times I laugh out loud) so... I'm waiting for more!
Only thing that broke immersion was when MC finally lost virginity with this Pixie. MC don't react by any way. But I'd hope it will be fixed in next updates.

And some technical issues - I'll say this straight, like dev to dev
- There is some performance issues, especially at tent and map. With such tempo it's not big deal, but can be annoying. Maby it's something with refreshing view? Weird loop or smth? (I've never used Ren'Py, but I had simlar problem with SFML time past)
- I don't know if its bug or not, but to spy on Princess I have to use mirror, put it down and use it again without closing chest.
- Map (and 1st unlock) is a bit unintuitive. Maby little tutorial after 1st unlucked place will be helpfull?

Tl;dr
I'm new Patron! :)

Reactions: magicnuts

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
This game have a great potential! Most of "I-want-to-fuck-everything MC" are boring and recurrent, but he is well writed and really funny. Arts are amazing, I love this style, story is ridiculous (few times I laugh out loud) so... I'm waiting for more!
Only thing that broke immersion was when MC finally lost virginity with this Pixie. MC don't react by any way. But I'd hope it will be fixed in next updates.

And some technical issues - I'll say this straight, like dev to dev
- There is some performance issues, especially at tent and map. With such tempo it's not big deal, but can be annoying. Maby it's something with refreshing view? Weird loop or smth? (I've never used Ren'Py, but I had simlar problem with SFML time past)
- I don't know if its bug or not, but to spy on Princess I have to use mirror, put it down and use it again without closing chest.
- Map (and 1st unlock) is a bit unintuitive. Maby little tutorial after 1st unlucked place will be helpfull?

Tl;dr
I'm new Patron! :)
Thanks man. Appreciate it.

- The virginity comment is on my list of things to edit for the next release so that regardless of which character MC first chooses to have sex with (right now it's sort of irrelevant since there's only Maple, but it will matter more in the future) there is an admission of having lost his virginity.

- The performance needs to improve, I agree. I don't have much coding experience (this being the only game/coding project) so I think I didn't optimize Ren'py's cache usage. I'll try to fix it for the next release.

- I didn't want to make seeing the princess's scene to grind-heavy or bothersome.

- Good point. I'll think about how to sort it out. Perhaps not for 0.2, but something to think about.

Thank you for your feedback and support.

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes