TeePee23

Nov 15, 2019
really dont care about your thoughts on the game and the development. I dont think 7 months for an update is good by any standards. now please go on ranting its all good. my opinion stays the same
You're allowed to voice your opinion, just don't try to back up your opinion with stuff that is false or misleading like saying "there will probably only be 2 scenes" That's how rumors are spread whether you intend that or not.

If you don't like the length of development that's fine you can continue to not support the dev and move on to other games.

Sasori21

Apr 5, 2020
I just don't get all the hate, Magicnuts is one of the most hardworking devs team in the business that produces quality content consistently. I was proud to be able to support them and not just the peanut tier either, regrettably personal problems prevented me from supporting and funding the game further or I would still be a Patreon. This game is simply the best hand drawn game in the adult scene, period and Magicnuts is a great dev. I honestly don't get all the vitriol specially from people that has never supported. Ludicrous.

TeePee23

Nov 15, 2019
I just don't get all the hate, Magicnuts is one of the most hardworking devs team in the business that produces quality content consistently. I was proud to be able to support them and not just the peanut tier either, regrettably personal problems prevented me from supporting and funding the game further or I would still be a Patreon. This game is simply the best hand drawn game in the adult scene, period and Magicnuts is a great dev. I honestly don't get all the vitriol specially from people that has never supported. Ludicrous.
It's a largely vocal minority, for every one person who comes here to make these negative comments there's 10 people who will defend the devs. And then another 100 people who play the game and love it and never say anything and just patiently wait for the next release. This is true in all corners of the internet so it's never going away, it's just something that most reasonable people just have to put up with sadly. I'm also a Patreon supporter and know how incredible the devs are personally so sometimes I come here to defend them but it's honestly a waste of my time.

Aug 9, 2016

I think the biggest problem is that Magicnuts literally states, even now, in their Patreon that the expected release schedule is every 3-5 months, when the gap between "recent" updates was:

0.3 (Sept 2020)->0.4 5 months (Feb 2021)
0.4->0.5 7 months (Sept 2021)
0.5->0.6 7+ months (probably no sooner than May 2022, which would be 8 months)

Maybe they do honestly intend to get back down to 3-5 month updates in 0.7 and beyond, but that will be like, a year and a half or more where their patreon description doesn't reflect the reality. I'd suspect at least some people will be less salty if they made it clear on their Patreon description that people should adjust their expectations, but yeah, a lot of people will just continue whining no matter what.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I think the biggest problem is that Magicnuts literally states, even now, in their Patreon that the expected release schedule is every 3-5 months, when the gap between "recent" updates was:

0.3 (Sept 2020)->0.4 5 months (Feb 2021)
0.4->0.5 7 months (Sept 2021)
0.5->0.6 7+ months (probably no sooner than May 2022, which would be 8 months)

Maybe they do honestly intend to get back down to 3-5 month updates in 0.7 and beyond, but that will be like, a year and a half or more where their patreon description doesn't reflect the reality. I'd suspect at least some people will be less salty if they made it clear on their Patreon description that people should adjust their expectations, but yeah, a lot of people will just continue whining no matter what.
I kinda agree with you. And even they already that said that updates can take longe depending of the amount of content, devs also said sometime ago that 0.6 won't be as big as 0.5. Even so, 0.6 will take more time than 0.5 (don't forget that after total content reach 100%, still there is the debug/polish to reach 100%). I'm not doubting dev's words or work ethics. I'm just saying that i also think that their statements about updates frequency should be changed because is clear that 6 months or more to updates is the new norm right now.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Absolutely love this game. If it takes a while for updates, so what...go on and play something else for a while. I have a collection of 30+ of these games and two of those came out with a new release and didn't like my saves for some reason, so I need to go back to square one (probably 3 months play just there). I'm always scoping out 'new' games to have a play with - this is one of the funniest I've found, so I'm quite happy to wait for the next release. Don't know how long but looking at stats on Patreon could be 2 months, could be three or more. Bug checking can be a bitch...you think everything is done and you find something at the end that needs a long re-write...it happens.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
I'm gone for a few months and I return to find people complaining again. What is it this time? The long waiting time again? I'm too lazy to actually read previous posts but I reckon it is.

Anyways, I'm really starting to get excited again as the release for the new version finally draws near and I absolutely can't wait to see what Magicnuts have in store for us this time around!

Cheers~

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
I did semi complain about if the game was dead. I didn't know it was 6months per update. I just wanted to know if it was dead. A lot of games have been abandoned lately.

Tlaero

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2018
I'd suspect at least some people will be less salty if they made it clear on their Patreon description that people should adjust their expectations, but yeah, a lot of people will just continue whining no matter what.
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people who complain here have never been anywhere near MagicNuts' Patreon page...

Tlaero

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people who complain here have never been anywhere near MagicNuts' Patreon page...

Tlaero
Exactly what I was going to post. Congratulated MagicNuts in private on their Patreon page for their last update, was expecting a bot reply but nope, discussed a few things, overall just great people who loves what they do, and it shows in the quality of their games.

Bitches who complain about a quality, free game, because it takes too long between updates, damn, get the fuck out of here.

robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
the quality of this game is what sets it apart, that takes time. its the same with everything that you can buy. you want to lower the quality, reduce the time to manufacture. magicnuts, do not rush this, you and your wife have made a rolex of a game. keep your pride and passion visible in your efforts

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The hate is likely due in part to people like Icstor, DarkCookie, and UberPie. Devs who used to make consistent updates that began to slow down as they made more and more money. We're a couple of weeks shy of it having been seven months since the last update of What a Legend, people are bound to become impatient and there exists tons of examples of devs who started to take advantage of the patreon system after a year or so of regular updates. No patreon developer is above reproach.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The hate is likely due in part to people like Icstor, DarkCookie, and UberPie. Devs who used to make consistent updates that began to slow down as they made more and more money. We're a couple of weeks shy of it having been seven months since the last update of What a Legend, people are bound to become impatient and there exists tons of examples of devs who started to take advantage of the patreon system after a year or so of regular updates. No patreon developer is above reproach.
I get what you mean, but the whole mental process behind that kind of behavior you're describing is just silly and extremely unfair, especially coming from pirate forum users. First, the milking issue. Nobody is forcing patrons to keep paying a monthly fee when there's nothing new to download, yet they freely choose to keep supporting the dev; this can only mean they are happy with the way dev is doing things and are satisfied enough with what they're getting in exchange (or have gotten in the past). So not really a reason to complain when you personally aren't paying a dime: if anything, complaining only shows your selfishness for not being able to play for free something you like at the pace you'd like to. Now, of course there are devs who lie to their patrons. That's totally unacceptable and unprofessional, and it's fine to warn potential patrons of what are they risking if they choose to still support that dev. But it's not fair to use those blatant cases to raise doubts about every other dev. That's a toxic attitude.

Then, leaving aside those obvious milkers that actually exist (and are way less numerous than you may believe just from reading these forums). From a general perspective, why a honest dev can't take advantage of their past work and earn some money with it? Why can't they try to monetize their own work the way they want? Are they less honest for deciding not to work 15 hours a day just to push the new update a couple of weeks earlier? Why can't they enjoy a comfortable schedule? I just don't see people shitting at Lamborghini for making just a few cars per year and selling them clearly overpriced when other brands can sell millions of units per year: no one goes to the Lamborghini's factory to tell them 'hey guys, your cars are amazing but you should produce more of them and sell them way cheaper, you lazy milkers!' You don't even see such criticism on the internet, it just doesn't happen: you like their cars, you just assume they are not made for you, you just walk away. But, for some reason, shitting on game development is fair game.

Now, coming to this particular case, I can't think of any valid reason to criticize Magicnuts. They offer their game totally free just one day after releasing it for patrons, and their 7 months development time seems reasonable considering the amount and quality of those updates: you can't take the last update and honestly say that you don't believe the only artist in the team has worked 7 days per week during at least 3 months, as they said she did. It's obvious they have worked all that time, they have not delivered a piano simulator. They are transparent and communicative over the whole development process. I do want their game to be updated more frequently, but it seems they just can't do it faster if they want to keep this level of quality, which we all want too. So I just patiently wait.

edit- typos

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes