Viressa

May 24, 2018
I blame Picasso for making it okay for 'artists' to not be able to make the images they paint and draw look anything like how the models for the images actually appear. Just imagine if people really looked the way he painted them to look. Nowadays you don't even have to be able to make your 'art' look like anything at all, just tell those that don't like it that they aren't smart enough to understand it and those desperate enough to fit in with the crowd they want to fit in with will go along with anything to be accepted.
Y'know, nazis are obsessed with Realism, because they think that art is all about showcasing the technical skill of the artist and thuswise prove the superiority of their culture over others through technical achievement. They despise (post-)modernism, decrying it as jewish influence attempting to destroy white civilization, because they can't see why anyone would value art *except* for this display of racial chauvinism.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Y'know, nazis are obsessed with Realism, because they think that art is all about showcasing the technical skill of the artist and thuswise prove the superiority of their culture over others through technical achievement. They despise (post-)modernism, decrying it as jewish influence attempting to destroy white civilization, because they can't see why anyone would value art *except* for this display of racial chauvinism.
Are you seriously trying to argue for "modern art" by justifying this direction with how much it was hated by some of the worst criminals in modern society?
Those guys were wrong in the worst way with pretty much everything in regards to their racism... can't say the same about their art taste though.

Last edited:

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
I mean, I kind of understand part of it. Nowadays you can draw a red line on a white canvas and sell it for a million pounds (in fact, there's a painting that it's exactly that). The author can just say that the freaking line represents whatever bullshit they make up on the spot and give their work a value it may not have otherwise. At least Picasso's works have actual meaning, but some current paintings are literally bullshit. I understand people wanting to see technical skills. In fact, artistic preferences change from time to time precisely because people are tired of it, so it wouldn't be strange to go back to realistic artworks again in a few decades.

Reactions: AnotherAnon9999

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I mean, I kind of understand part of it. Nowadays you can draw a red line on a white canvas and sell it for a million pounds (in fact, there's a painting that it's exactly that). The author can just say that the freaking line represents whatever bullshit they make up on the spot and give their work a value it may not have otherwise. At least Picasso's works have actual meaning, but some current paintings are literally bullshit. I understand people wanting to see technical skills. In fact, artistic preferences change from time to time precisely because people are tired of it, so it wouldn't be strange to go back to realistic artworks again in a few decades.
Given that humanity trends towards takeing the easier road it's more likely that the digital art will become the new haute de couture... or what ever that crap is called.
Drawing normally is a dying art in it self sadly

Viressa

May 24, 2018
Let me tell you a secret about the art world: Those plain white canvases that sell for millions at auction? They don't sell for that much because the ultra-rich are really into dadaism, they sell for that much because the ultra-rich hate paying taxes.

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Let me tell you a secret about the art world: Those plain white canvases that sell for millions at auction? They don't sell for that much because the ultra-rich are really into dadaism, they sell for that much because the ultra-rich hate paying taxes.
Everybody hates paying taxes, we just do because we have to .

Reactions: AnotherAnon9999

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Given that humanity trends towards takeing the easier road it's more likely that the digital art will become the new haute de couture... or what ever that crap is called.
Drawing normally is a dying art in it self sadly
Most likely, but what I mean is that the art, even if it's digital, will change again. Eternally flowing, like the ocean of time.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Most likely, but what I mean is that the art, even if it's digital, will change again. Eternally flowing, like the ocean of time.
I was reffering to the "unique art" that had been auctioned off on the internet recently for some crap, when an A.I. mixed pixels in some algorythm and called it "Art"

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Everybody hates paying taxes, we just do because we have to .
Not because we have to... Because an organize system maintain by violence that have kidnapped the justice obligate a majority of people to do it while it is justify because of the "neutral - arbiter" services it offers (and doesn't care if those services are just full of shit).

Reactions: Lewyn Collins

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Not because we have to... Because an organize system maintain by violence that have kidnapped the justice obligate a majority of people to do it while it is justify because of the "neutral - arbiter" services it offers (and doesn't care if those services are just full of shit).
I mean, yeah, that's a better explanation alright

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
What's currently released is v0.5, and from what shows in the crystal ball in game we have:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This sex epic (sexpic?) has only just begun.
And all of that is subject to change (especially the additional LIs part, as I'm sure there will be more than two) so I'd expect far more content than just what is currently in the crystal ball.

Reactions: hrimthyrs

DAVID132

Aug 24, 2017
I blame Picasso for making it okay for 'artists' to not be able to make the images they paint and draw look anything like how the models for the images actually appear. Just imagine if people really looked the way he painted them to look. Nowadays you don't even have to be able to make your 'art' look like anything at all, just tell those that don't like it that they aren't smart enough to understand it and those desperate enough to fit in with the crowd they want to fit in with will go along with anything to be accepted.
Why Picasso, you big twerp? Literally the CIA financed most "abstract" art to counter the more "realistic" art from the USSR, and most art today is used to laundry money. Picasso has very little to do with all of this, whatever your feelings towards contemporary art are.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes