storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
So, the dev needs ~ a year for an update with content for ~ 10 minutes of gameplay. This is a quite a bitter pill to swallow, especially with the hard contest out here.
Do you guys really finish the updates in 10 mins? The last two took me a lot longer to get through

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
Do you guys really finish the updates in 10 mins? The last two took me a lot longer to get through
If you skip through all the dialogues just to see the new "lewd" scenes -- maybe.

But if you enjoy the game, read the dialogues, try to complete the little puzzles all by yourself, basically: if you play this game as it is intended to be played and enjoyed, it'll take a lot longer than that.

arkopand

May 7, 2018
I mean, the new update obviously won't be ten minutes, but it turning out to be a disappointment because it wasn't worth a 9 month wait is not really outside the realm of possibility. I don't think it's likely, either, given how the previous updates were, to my surprise, pretty extensive in terms of content, but the more and more this goes on, the more it reminds me of Oko's last game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

arkopand

May 7, 2018
Oh, and knowing firsthand the cost of living in Spain and seeing their Patreon earnings, I can't help but feel a bit disgusted. These guys can absolutely do this full-time, then hire someone to help out, and still be pretty well-off(way wealthier than average). What they're making is great, mind you, but to say they're not milking this on purpose at least in some part would be delusional.

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Oh, and knowing firsthand the cost of living in Spain and seeing their Patreon earnings, I can't help but feel a bit disgusted. These guys can absolutely do this full-time, then hire someone to help out, and still be pretty well-off(way wealthier than average). What they're making is great, mind you, but to say they're not milking this on purpose at least in some part would be delusional.
WaL is my favourite game on this site and everything about this game was absolutely brilliant so far and i expect the new update to be of the same quality. Brilliant developer so far no doubt about that.

But to be fair the respect for them shouldn´t cloud the judgement of what´s going on and your 2 last post are pretty much spot on.

There is definitely something going wrong with the update schedule. The game will be finished in 15 years from now if this downhill updates continues. I feel something will go wrong along the way.

And it´s respectable that some fans are defending the dev, they mean good, but i think blindly shutting down any critisism like "game is free, shut up!" (it isn´t free really, they are accepting patreons or development will stop) or "you dont like it get out of here" don´t change the very very simple fact that the updates take longer and longer to finish.

It will hurt the game in the end............. it´s like a publisher leaving the dev to do whatever he wants.......the working morale will go downhill.

To sum up: I always had the opinion the this dev does an absolute brilliant job with this game and should make it in the timeline and the way he wants to.
If he wants to put out the next update in 1 year from now.......i wont like it but its ok with me......if he puts out the next one in 2 years from now.........ok with me......if he wants to stop development completely........ok with me too, i´ll still respect them for the brilliant game he made so far.

But it´s not fair to tell people to fuck off when they have justified critisism. Arkopand pretty much nailed it with what he wrote: "What they're making is great, mind you, but to say they're not milking this on purpose at least in some part would be delusional"

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
Yup. It's cruel how they are releasing this game for free instead of locking it behind a paywall like most other h-games and even offering refunds to their patreons
Yeah, and let´s be honest the type of people supporting on patreon are 99% not the type that´ll do the refund. But offering it will look good ;-) And that´s probably the goal. All respect to the dev. But we don´t have to be naive because we respect him.

Also "the game is free" is also naive. I for example wouldn´t have played this game in a hundred years if it wasn´t for free, but when i played it, i was thinking "damn, that was good, i want to support this guys financially". And obviously a lot of other people thought that too as seen as the patreons.

AND THAT`S THE EFFING GOAL OF GIVING THE GAME FOR FREE.......... it´s a very simple concept, really that hard to grasp???............ I give you something for free that you wouldn´t have tried otherwise and if you like it you support me financially...... very fair deal as i see it.

Last edited:

robbiej691

Oct 7, 2020
So, the dev needs ~ a year for an update with content for ~ 10 minutes of gameplay. This is a quite a bitter pill to swallow, especially with the hard contest out here.
i did it in 9mins and 56 seconds.
Yeah, and let´s be honest the type of people supporting on patreon are 99% not the type that´ll do the refund. But offering it will look good ;-) And that´s probably the goal. All respect to the dev. But we don´t have to be naive because we respect him.
and the people who support this game by paying, well they voted for the updates this way. did you vote?

Reactions: hrimthyrs

Ocean75

Apr 18, 2022

Also "the game is free" is also naive. I for example wouldn´t have played this game in a hundred years if it wasn´t for free, but when i played it, i was thinking "damn, that was good, i want to support this guys financially". And obviously a lot of other people thought that too as seen as the patreons.

AND THAT`S THE EFFING GOAL OF GIVING THE GAME FOR FREE.......... it´s a very simple concept, really that hard to grasp???............ I give you something for free that you wouldn´t have tried otherwise and if you like it you support me financially...... very fair deal as i see it.
I respect your opinion

Reactions: reees754

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
i did it in 9mins and 56 seconds.

and the people who support this game by paying, well they voted for the updates this way. did you vote?
No, i´m not on patreon (for reasons), but i was thinking i´ll have to send this guys a fat (and discrete) Amazon-coupon once they´re finished....
Well that was 2 updates ago when i thought they´ll finish the game in maybe 2023. :-( LOL It´ll be more like 2035 if at all ;-)

Though i think the majority of patreons of any game not just WaL wont notice beeing milked (and some even dont care if they notice) as long as the devs give them some breadcrumbs along the way.....

Well whatever.....i wish the WaL devs as before good luck with this game and i hope they have a good time doing so.
It´s just that i think that not noticing that something is going wrong with the update schedule would be very naive.

Last edited:

reees754

Jul 17, 2021
I respect your opinion
Thanks.

I just think it´s weird when i see one side defending anything, anyway beeing done and the other side just wants the next update in stellar quality beeing done in one month.

Either extreme side is funny to me, when the truth is somewhere in the middle :)

Reactions: johndoe19
4.70 star(s) 448 Votes