PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
Here in Spain (dev's country, btw, which is an important detail) gipsy is a word as offensive as the way you mean it when you say it. So it can be terribly offensive and despective or just a mere description, especially if the subject is a "Romani". When talking about "Romani" people, well, Romani is of course a right term, but here gipsy people are usually proud of the term gipsy and use it constantly to refer to themselves and their culture. And as destroyerofassholes has pointed out, the word can also be used to describe a lifestyle. Again, it's the tone used what could bring the racist connotations, not the use of the word itself. So I don't think they'd have any problems with Rose's character
In my country word gypsy is socially unacceptable. But onetime i was been in pub and talk to one old Romani. He talk to me: "Onemore talk to me Romani, and I cut your neck. I'm gypsy."
In this times is everything odd. I'm not rasist, but if you see man you see colour in first, what's the reason to tell you not see it. But gypsy is something about folk not only about race for me.
Any way in my country we have one old proverb: "Who didn't fuck a gipsy woman is not a man."

In any case magicnuts, you are genius. This is most beautiful game what I ever play.

dzazzer

Jan 3, 2020
bbalt
I hate to argue on such a great thread as this, but I'm going to have to argue firmly against people saying that Gypsy is a derogatory term - it is definitely not.
It *can* be used that way, just like you can use pretty much any descriptor in a negative way.

As proof that it is in no way a derogatory term, I'd like to point you to the Gypsy Lore Society:

The Guardian (the most PC newspaper ever) with a whole section dedicated to Gypsies:

and a UK government supported 'Gypsies and Travellers' organisation:

Or from the official Union of Romani people in Spain (the devs native country):

As I say, I hate to argue but I'm sure you can imagine that if you described yourself and your heritage as Gypsy, you might be annoyed if everyone thought it was an offensive term.

Reactions: Moegara

bbalt

Aug 12, 2020
I've dropped the issue. My goal was to see that the devs were aware of the irrefutable fact* that there are people who take offense with that particular term. The devs confirmed that they are aware of that fact. Case closed.

*whether or not those people are "wrong" to be offended is an entirely separate issue, and an issue that nobody except actual Romani folks have any right to decide

Let's move on.

AOI.URA

Jun 3, 2020
Albeit my limited experience with eroges, this is definitely one of the top ones I've tried. The polish really shows in dialogue, gameplay, art and the (limited) sounds. Big ups magicnuts!

Reactions: magicnuts

bbalt

Aug 12, 2020
As an actual descendant of Romani folk, I think I do have a right to decide.
I absolutely agree that you have a right to decide.

I should have been clearer that when I said "nobody except actual Romani folks", I meant including descendants of Romani folks. That mistake is all on me, sorry about that!

Pill

Aug 9, 2019
This maybe a dumb question but when I go to the crystal there is only 1 scene per girl and the rest say future content. From what I read this game is on going and not complete but almost there. Am I missing something with the mod? The version I have is the 0.2 version.

magicnuts

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2019
This maybe a dumb question but when I go to the crystal there is only 1 scene per girl and the rest say future content. From what I read this game is on going and not complete but almost there. Am I missing something with the mod? The version I have is the 0.2 version.
Hey there.
We're going to be adding more scenes gradually with each release. There were a couple in the 0.1, 0.2 added 3 I believe, and 0.3 will also add 3.
The 'almost there' you've read refers to the latest release and not the final completed version of the game.

Bernas

Mar 30, 2018
Really good game not gonna lie, i was just hoping tho is that there was the drunk elf scene in this version, but beggars cant be choosers, i guess. Really good nonetheless. Keep it coming.

Chris_Prat

May 19, 2017
Good job pointing on the good direction.. Inspiring 2dcg..All the females are hot (even the drunk elf without any makeup is hot)..

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes