walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Let be honest, we dont really care of this gomira.. it takes almost 2 years development for a character that we don't really care? cmoonn! there's more great character to develop.. Im just upset it looks look summertime saga now, better be abandoned..
I think what you mean to say is you don't really care of this Gomira. Which is fine. No character is going to be universally liked. But one thing worth noting about these Devs is that they are letting subscribers pick which characters get chapters, so not only do A LOT of people like Gomira and want content with her, it is more than likely a MAJORITY of WaL fans want a Gomira chapter.

Worth thinking about.

ginpapi_9

Aug 8, 2020
Let be honest, we dont really care of this gomira.. it takes almost 2 years development for a character that we don't really care? cmoonn! there's more great character to develop.. Im just upset it looks look summertime saga now, better be abandoned..
Fact, my two most desired characters are the brown curly hair hottie and the wife of the fat bastard who works at the gate.

Dec 21, 2021
Myrtle's story and questline is complete, and Rose's was finished last release. There may be additional scenes added, but their storylines are wrapped up. The same is probably going to be the situation with Gomira: her storyline is wrapped up, but additional scenes later.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Well... Maybe because what's left is the majority who like her... Because... Let's think about it... The problem is not Gomira or any other character... The problem is... Well, I don't remember quite well since my last play, but let's say there are at least 6 love interests... With this method of rotating a focus love insterest each update, if I'm a fan of one specific character that's not loved by the majority, it's rational for me to leave... And with those long updates... I don't know how it works, but let's say Gomira gets an update now and then she goes to the end of the queue or wait in the bench for a few rounds... If I'm a fan of her I could enjoy the update but then come back about six years later because it's when she'll get a new update (and if it's not the case she'll be benched for a while, the fans of other characters will leave because only she'll get updates... It's a Catch 22).

P.S.: I honestly don't know how this rotation of characters per update work, and I'll be glad if someone can explain me, but I only see those two options: either some characters are benched because they got recent updates or you can choose among all charactes. Of course, the specifics of the benching may vary.
It's easy. After an update 'n' is out, devs open a poll with several options for the 'n+2' update. During those voting weeks, Patrons get to choose between continuing the main story (focusing on the main story's next girl -this was Lana's case, and the current waiting girl is Lady Madeline Goldenbush), or focusing on some side girl we already met (from the 4-5 different options given by devs). For instance, the last polling options were Holly (who eventually won), Lady Mad-main story, Gretta, Anne, and Maple. The winner gets her full story developed, so she's not 'benched' or in the queue for future rounds, she's done (except for the most extreme fetish content like pregnancy that will be tackled in the long future, when the main story is concluded or close to being concluded). So you can just sign up in their patron when a poll goes live, cast your vote, and cross your fingers. No need to keep around during the whole development cycle if the winner is not your preferred one - you'll get to play the game for free anyway when it's out, and then you can subscribe again to vote in the next poll.

ogapetape

Mar 25, 2020
Myrtle's story and questline is complete, and Rose's was finished last release. There may be additional scenes added, but their storylines are wrapped up. The same is probably going to be the situation with Gomira: her storyline is wrapped up, but additional scenes later.
Dev said a while ago they're gonna revisit characters after their main stories are complete to add new scenes (Pregnancy, Threesomes, etc.)

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Thanks.

Being "done" is harsh... Worst than being benched... But, on another topic, since the game is free, it makes more sense stick around -- if you really wanna do that -- since you're giving money to support the development and not to buy something. It's something many who are not patrons don't get. On the other hand, many patrons or, at least, some of them think, since they're one giving money to development, they're the only ones entitled to criticize the game or its development, which, I don't think is sound. They're entitled to do what their tier allows 'em to do, but everyone else is free to criticize the game or its development (and, of course, everyone else can criticize the critique -- but saying "you're not paying, so, shut up" is not a sound critique). Everyone who's not a patron is a prospective patron, and, if the dev wants to exapand his business and not only stick with what he already has, he should listen to what everyone is saying. That works not only for games but about almost everything in life.
Well, I just answered your question. In this game you won't see a fan favorite winning all the polls and getting 100 times more content than other girls: if she's popular, she'll just win one contest and that's all. Her fans will then realign their priorities and all girls will have a fair chance to get their time to shine. Now is up to every patron (actual or prospective) to decide whether they are interested in sticking around for the whole development cycle or not, as with any other game.

I get your point about criticism but you just can not please everybody out there (nor convince them to support you) so surely you can listen, but you'd be better off choosing a path and sticking to it. As long as that path is clearly stated and you act with honesty and integrity, those who approve will join you for the ride and, if they are many enough (as in this case), then these other 'prospective' patrons and their visions for your project shouldn't really matter that much.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Of course. It wasn't, like, a counter-argument to what you said... I was just commenting something that came to my mind and it happened to be in the same post I was thanking you.

And, of course, when you have a really large fanbase, it starts to matter more than any future client... The long development time (plus the fact they have already enough patrons to fund their project) is an issue for me to jump on the wagon, but, as long as their patrons are happy, they do know what to do with their money and life. But the long development time is an issue for me, either as a paying or non-paying customer, to keep myself interested in the game (not only this game but many other games that take a year to update). I know they probably don't care about that anymore since they're "stable". I just hope to see the end of this game one day and, if it sells in any platform like Steam or GOG, I'll buy it and play it again.
Don't worry, I was just expanding on my previous reply and also find interesting your follow-up thought. I'm very much like you, I tend to not support devs who are already doing OK, and that's basically why I'm not a patron of magicnuts. Then, it's obvious that long development cycles are not good. People have lives and those lives change and devs are not the only ones facing expected or unexpected challenges. You find new games, new interests, new duties, or just get tired of supporting a game you play once a year. People are already leaving these devs in mun, the more months the game is not getting an update the more patrons that go away, and new ones will only get on board when there's something new to play. That's only natural. I also get the point of those who say the game will never be finished. I mean, there's an actual chance of that -we all could be dead by tomorrow. What I don't get is the bitterness this seems to cause in so many people who never pay a dime for it (and I wouldn't understand that attitude on patrons too, but at least they could argue they 'lost' some money in a 'failed' project). I just prefer to focus on the joy I already got from this game. If it ends right now, I could only say good things about it.

Hatty

May 24, 2017
This game is 2 months away from getting the Abandoned tag. Another sign that something should change to fix productivity. Generally, you could plan out smaller releases, adjust your working style/standards, or throw more people at the workload.

Big Green

Aug 19, 2017
I said this early on this thread and some people implied I'm "insecure" because I can't deal with strong empowered women with muscles. For God's sake, orcs are based on fucking pigs.
They are not based on pigs lol. That's a bad japanese interpretation and purely their insecurities as you said it (same thing as ugly bastards and ntr).

Fuunu

Apr 30, 2023
I like but hate that you get options but cant actually choose one as no matter which one it leads to the same outcome. Example the stupid berries you can eat or wash off.

4.70 star(s) 448 Votes